badajck114

Arma 3 AI targeting

This has been on my mind for a while now, and im just gonna come out and say it since, i cant really find the answer or the question anywhere else. My question is this how come is it that AI jets or certain CAS do not attack infantry but are only locked to vehicles. It is the same with troops that are equipped with rocket launchers that contain Anti Personal ammo. they wont use them on troops, only vehicles. I found the only way to have a fighter jet attack troops is to have a script to do a gun run on them, or a bombing mission they cant do it willingly. If I added a jet in the editor and set a way-point to destroy a squad it would just fly around the squad, whilst they just stare up at  the jet, like its some sort of UFO. Im just wondering is there an AI mod that can fix this issue. like in Arma 2 i think it was the same issue but ACE's AI modification had Ai try to kill you with what ever they got, even a noob tube. I loved it when an RPG would constantly fly over my head then explode mid air since it was out of range. even jets would keep me suppressed with constant bombing runs and gun runs and they would do it willingly. im just wondering it can be done if not fair enough. but yeah I have noticed that this has never been brought up or well i haven't noticed yet. lol 

BI plans on fixing the AI in Q427. In other words don't hold you breath. It isn't on their road may anyway.

The AI is not what I would call Good. Something less....

Just make the AI pilot playable and do it yourself. You will save a lot of frustration that way.

And yes this topic is an old one.

AIs are too clever. They know about their poor soldier condition, stuck in a game for stupid human beings. Sometimes, these strange guys order thru a keyboard to shift for a launcher and fire at the poor other false 3D false enemy fellows who have to die anyway.

So, these smart AIs obey just one frame, stealthy, in the shadow of weird scripts, dreaming for  better tablets of Law.

Just another day, struggling against players, in Arma world.