• RHS - US Army vs Russian VDV
  • Takistan
    • Vanilla - NATO vs CSAT
    • RHS - US Army vs Russian VDV
  • Tanoa
    • Vanilla - NATO vs CSAT
    • RHS - US Marines vs Russian VDV

Description:
In this mission, game mode "ground support", the players take the roles of helicopter pilots tasked with supporting ground units. The playing field includes the two bases of each factions, as well as a total of 10 sectors. From these faction bases ground units are always on their way to independently seize control of those 10 active sectors. The players are there to support the groups by answering requests for transport, air support or medical evacuation. These orders are dynamically generated during the game, which means that no round compared to another is completely equal. This is accompanied by immersive radio traffic.

The mission ends as soon as one side has no more tickets remaining. These are reduced when helicopters crash or the opponent controls at least 6 sectors. In the event of a helicopter crash, the player can respawn at their respective base, where after some time the helicopters reappear. The base also provides landing sites to repair, refuel or rearm the helicopter during the mission. Players are actually restricted to their role as pilots and can only leave the vehicle within their own base, for example, to switch to another helicopter. This also means that players themselves cannot take any sectors.

Each side also has a Jet in their base. This won't respawn, so it's a high valuable asset with which you can interrupt the enemy supply lines.

You can adjust parameters in the lobby for the daytime, weather, tickets count and view distance.

There are 3 kinds of infantry troops which will ask for support:

• Ghost (4 soldiers)
  • Nomad (8 soldiers)
  • Hydra (16 soldiers)

Download:

Workshop:

Discord

License-CC%20BY--NC--SA%204.0-lightgrey.

• Like 1

Update

Tanoa Vanilla finished.

RHS Version for Tanoa will follow. is also finished with a US Marines agains Russian VDV setting.

Update

Takistan as vanilla and RHS version finished.

Update

• Added: Script to delete empty choppers which are left on the resupply areas for more than 3 minutes.
  • Added: Server log debug output.
  • Added: Mapmarker in the bottom left with server fps and ground units count.
  • Added: 2 Spectator slots.

KNOWN ISSUE:
When a helicopter gets deleted at a resupply area, a radio message with "helo down" will be send.
But this won't lower your tickets. It's just a kind of misleading information which I can't deactivate for now.

Glad you like the mission setups and that you're enjoying it :). That's the aim of them :)

But it's really no "hard work" to create mission of the "ground support" gamemode. Basically it's the same as creating missions in the "End Game" or "Zeus" gamemode. BI provide all the necessary functionalities and I just setup the map, created custom group configs for the spawning (so it will use also RHS units for the RHS versions) and added some small scripts.

In general I created the missions because I was wonderning that there aren't any mod supported versions already out there (or I just didn't found them) and our KP community wanted a kind of "flight training with the helicopters we use".

Update

Malden Vanilla and RHS finished.

Would it be possible to combine this kind of mission with liberation ? So that the liberation part takes place kind of automatically and players only "support" or "do their thing" where ever they want ? 
Maybe FOBs / LZs could be designated / linked to each other somehow to give the commander the ability to control the flow of AI a bit ?

It would be possible, sure.

But I didn't plan anything like that. Liberation itself is time consuming enough ;)

is there a direct download for the most recent version of this mission for the cam lao nam map?

Thanks!