Sign in to follow this  
anfo

Respawn template help - will pay

Despite all the wiki's, posts and general stuffing about, BIS Respawn is a mind f*%k. The information is targeted towards an audience that is expected to be highly knowledgeable and although I have many hours with Arma 3 and editing, I've thrown in the towel on this one.

So I need help figuring out the codes required to populate description.ext (Eden menu options will not be used) and any other SQF coding required to make a custom respawn template works for my clan. As as I said I will pay, because free isn't getting me anywhere.

Please PM if interested.

Admins: If I have broken a forum rule by offering money, then delete and apologies.

Hi, so what exactly are you looking for in terms of respawn, like how do you want to respawn, and where?

• Respawn at your base with a simple marker
  • Mobile respawn
  • Spawn at flags at multiple locations, with a menu where you can choose the location to respawn at
  • Using zeus place respawn modules where ever you need them good for clans

Just some ideas.

Hello Gunter

Thank you for your response to my message. Allow me to flesh out the requirements that I am looking for.

1. I belong to an Arma 3 group who almost exclusively play PvE

2. We are a small group of only 16 members but growing

3. We play with many mods, including but not limited to ACE, ACRE, CUP etc

4. Our current respawn system is as follows:

(a) ACE Spectator + Wave templates

(b) This combination allows us to enter ACE spectator upon death and JIP into original role if required, but we are forced to exit (abort) the mission and go to the MP role selection where our original positions are waiting

(c) Sometimes ACRE stops working (player muted) and requires us to restart Teamspeak to rectify

5. My requirements for a new stable, functioning respawn systems would follow this logic:

(a) Player enters ACE Spectator upon death (and is not permitted to rejoin unless ordered)

(b) Player is allowed to re-enter game and must be able to respawn/JIP to the same position with the same equipment (no abort mission or MP role selection required)

(c) ACRE will be functioning without problems or any need to restart Teamspeak

(d) Tickets would be included as a template option, to allow us to limit respawns

(e) All coding to be placed into either description.ext or separate SQF. This is so scripts can be distributed to other mission makers. Eden menu options will not be used