Nice job buddy! Well worth the wait!

• Like 1

Have thoroughly enjoyed watching the photo progress on this. Excellent work man! Always worth the wait when high quality product is put out. Amazing job!

• Like 1

The most perfect m35a2 model i've ever seen in games\mods! Well done! Can't wait for 'a3 model.

• Like 2

Wow, that is so beautiful. Can't wait. Great job man.

• Like 1

Amazing work!!

• Like 1

Very nice. I drove these and the M109 Shop Van variant quite a bit back in the mid 80's. This is the truck that should have been in Operation Flashpoint as the primary US soft skinned troop carrier, rather than the M939 5 ton truck that was used. Historically, the "deuce and a half" was much more prevalent as a troop carrier and light cargo hauler in the mid 80s time frame of that game than the 5 ton was. As great a game as OFP was, there were some historical liberties taken.

BTW, when Conflict '85 is released, I hope that you will consider making a config to replace the 5 ton trucks in that game with your M35 variants.

• Like 5

I can't wait to see this in the sexiest vehicle camo of them all merdc <3

• Like 4

Oh my yes yes & yes this looks great i always missed these in arma !!

• Like 1

On 09.07.2017 at 6:10 PM, Rayko said:

The most perfect m35a2 model i've ever seen in games\mods! Well done! Can't wait for 'a3 model.

It's unlikely I'll work on A3 modification, but it is not excluded in the future.

On 10.07.2017 at 11:30 AM, scimitar said:

Very nice. I drove these and the M109 Shop Van variant quite a bit back in the mid 80's. This is the truck that should have been in Operation Flashpoint as the primary US soft skinned troop carrier, rather than the M939 5 ton truck that was used. Historically, the "deuce and a half" was much more prevalent as a troop carrier and light cargo hauler in the mid 80s time frame of that game than the 5 ton was. As great a game as OFP was, there were some historical liberties taken.

BTW, when Conflict '85 is released, I hope that you will consider making a config to replace the 5 ton trucks in that game with your M35 variants.

I wouldn't mind, but it's after I do all the "Vietnam era."

• Like 2

Thank you all for your kind words. At the moment the work goes on. Also, I would like to say a big thank you, bludclot and Andrew.

tPelhsozrGc.png

unknown.png?width=1443&height=685

• Like 24

Extreme impressive! The details and not to mention the overall quality are really fantastic. I'm not really knowledgeable on trucks, but this is the predecessor of OFP's US truck, isnt it?

Hi guys!

Since Rama doesn't speak English, (he is Russian) and uses google translate to communicate with us, I will help out with some communication!

We are currently looking for somebody to help out with custom sounds for the truck. If you have experience creating sounds for vehicles and would like to help out, Please contact either RamaMarines or me directly and we will get you a link to my discord.

If you know anyone good who would be willing to lend a hand, please have them get in touch!

-blud

• Like 3

6 hours ago, bludski said:

Hi guys!

Since Rama doesn't speak English, (he is Russian) and uses google translate to communicate with us, I will help out with some communication!

We are currently looking for somebody to help out with custom sounds for the truck. If you have experience creating sounds for vehicles and would like to help out, Please contact either RamaMarines or me directly and we will get you a link to my discord.

If you know anyone good who would be willing to lend a hand, please have them get in touch!

-blud

I remember a guy who was creating an engine sound for some american truck. So he wrote a message in some U.S. forum with "this type of truck" owners and asked them to record. The cheapest way is to rip the sounds from youtube videos - but the quality will be awful.

• Like 1

Hi Folks,

That's some mighty fine modeling - never realized a truck could look sooooo good...

Regards,

Scott

• Like 3

This project is continuing to look very good. As a one time operator of the M35 and some of it's variants, I'm really looking forward to seeing these in game and hopefully seeing them in some of the camouflage schemes appropriate for western Europe. While recently going through some old photo albums, I found the following image and thought that this would be a good thread to share it in. The image is from 9/85, while we were on a training exercise near Panzer Kaserne in Germany. I'm the young 20 year old PFC in the passenger seat of the M109 shop van variant of the M35. Of interest but not necessarily of importance as far as the mod is concerned, is the chalked convoy numbers and letters on the doors of the vehicle. I don't recall what the importance of the numbers and letters were or what they denoted but I recall seeing them on the doors of all US Army vehicles that were traveling in convoys in Germany while I was there (84-86). Also of interest might be the inverted M16A1 rifles that were mounted in clips near the doors on either side of the vehicle cab.

Since many of the mods coming out in the future concern Cold War era troops and vehicles (much of it inspired by OFP and it's 1985 time frame), it's worth noting for historical significance (but not mod relevance) is that the rifles are indeed M16A1 variants with 20 round magazines and that the standard combat helmet in Germany at the time was still the old steel pot. By the end of the year we had switched to 30 round magazines and in January of 86, we transitioned to the new Kevlar helmets. I never once saw an M16A2 or an M9 Beretta before 1987 nor did I see an M1 Abrams tank in Germany before Reforger 86.

WPy9DYB.jpg

• Like 9