Sign in to follow this  
xPupps

Complaint with helicopter/airplane landings

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to put this topic in but, even when I land super softly with a helicopter or an airplane, the helicopter crashes. It doesn't make any sense. Please fix.

I'm sure the entire dev team will immediately jump to this issue since you provided a plethora of information.

Cheers

Land softer. :) You probably need more flight training, airplanes and helos in ArmA require flying them like the real thing, not like in GTA. I can land just fine on dev. Also, you need to land straight and on flat terrain, tipping over will make whatever you're flying explode.

• Like 1

Preface, edit: Sorry if we are all saying you are not flying good enough, but so far the changes in flight model didn't really caused too significant a change in how hard you could land before damage occur. Recent changes in flight model actually improved slow speed handling and you are much less likely to stall. It may actually be a bug, but we need a bit more info to know.

I didn't experience this issue. If anything, landing planes is more forgiving than with helicopter (especially with advanced flight model).

I fly quite a lot of flight sims for both helicopter and planes. Arma is very forgiving, you don't need to do everything by-the-book, but by no means like Battlefield where you just need to reduce speed.

Try telling us a bit more and see what we could help. What is your decend rate when landing helicopter? How fast (and which plane) are you flying?

Edited by martin_lee
Change of tone
  • Like 1