G'day everyone

Announcing a new project I'm slowly working on. I'm still fairly new to modelling so this may take a while, though the good thing is that I'm an avid World Of Tanks player and they have most of the tanks I want to make, thus its a great source of reference material for me to look at as they would have gotten their hands on their own reference material I most likely can't, not to mention I get to see their models first hand in game when I play which gives me ideas of what I can add or do etc.

Still cant make cables/wire for shit though haha

What its about?

Project 1947 is mod that is based mainly on armoured combat, tank/armoured versus tank/armoured combat if you'd like, steel beasts going head to head. This mod will most likely not include any uniforms or hand held weapons as I currently don't posses the skill or excitement to make uniforms and hand held guns, not to mention that other mods like IFA3 and FoW fill that gap of infantry equipment. 

Overall, Project 1947 (working title) is about the possibility of if World War 2 was prolonged and did not end in 1945 and Germany successfully took Stalingrad or D-Day was not as big of a success as it was, for example. A bit like Wolfenstein, but without all the Nazi robots and spaceships, a more 'realistic' approach if you want to call it that.

What would it include?

Here is a list of factions I'd like to include into the mod. Most of the factions in their spaced groups would use similar vehicle, thus re-skins only really apply to some factions. However some factions will get their own unique kit at some point. 

Factions/Nations----

• Nazi Germany
  • Japan
  • Italy (I have no clue what they'd use at this point of the war)
  • Finland

• Soviet Union
  • Communist China

• United States
  • United Kingdom
  • France
  • Poland
  • Nationalist China
  • Australia

I'll first be doing front line armoured vehicles such as heavy tanks, mediums and possibly lights. Depending on the reception I get I can always make APC and IFVs.

Vehicles---- (Only a small list)

• [USA] M26E1 Pershing, M34, M30 and Easy 8 Sherman.. (To name a few)
  • [German] E10, E25, E50, E75, E100.. (To name a few)
  • [Soviet] IS3, T44A, T44B.. (To name a few)

I'm also hoping to have a dynamic stowage system, so ultimately you're able to mix and match all kinds of stowage, even randomise it so no tank looks identical.

What has been done so far?

So far I'm doing all the German vehicles first, the E-series. The good thing about the E-series is that they share most if not all of their assets, from road wheels, exhausts systems, stowage, handles. For example, the E50 and E75 share the exact same hull, just different turret and number of road wheels. Since I've made the E50 hull and road wheels I've also technically made the E75 hull and road wheels.

However this is what I've done so far. 

Germany

E-50

Spoiler

*Images are out of date will update later*

E-75

Spoiler

*Images are out of date will update later*

Feedback/Suggestions

Pretty sizeable project for someone like me, but I love making stuff so I don't mind. If you have any suggestions or feedback, go ahead.

Cheers.

• Like 17

Wow this is going to be amazing, but this is very ambitious and quite project you have planned, but I wish you the best, I love alternate history and prototype/concept vehicles. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, xxgetbuck123 said:

A bit like Wolfenstein

yaaay!!!

7 hours ago, xxgetbuck123 said:

but without all the Nazi robots and spaceships

aaawww...

:f:

good luck with the project though. sounds awesome.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, xxgetbuck123 said:

I'm still fairly new to modelling

Lol, looking at the pics i'd say you doing a very good job !

Anyways best of luck, love WOT so cant wait for the result.

• Like 1

Will it be based around armor only? Or will you be modelling infantry and stuff too? I'd suggest seeing if you could make it depend on one of the various mods out there like Faces of War or IFA3, or something if you did. Because theres so so so SO much to do.

If i were you, i'd start with some light vehicles. But anyway good idea. 

Spoiler

uQQicMR.jpg

191254.jpg

kubel_39proto_1c.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wsxcgy said:

Will it be based around armor only? Or will you be modelling infantry and stuff too? I'd suggest seeing if you could make it depend on one of the various mods out there like Faces of War or IFA3, or something if you did. Because theres so so so SO much to do.

Just armour only. I have 0 idea how to make clothing or anything infantry related. 

4 hours ago, Rayko said:

If i were you, i'd start with some light vehicles. But anyway good idea. 

Hide contents

uQQicMR.jpg

191254.jpg

kubel_39proto_1c.jpg

I have 0 references for those vehicles atm. But I got plenty for the others so it'll be easier for me to start with what I'm doing. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, wsxcgy said:

Only Armoured vehicles. I wont be doing infantry, though I will most likely make IFA3 a dependency, or at least some German (for the time being) uniform mod so the crewman can look half decent. 

• Like 3

This may be an odd request, but for the IS-3, could you please make Egyptian and Takistani skins? I know Egypt used them up until the Six-Day War, and it'd just be cool for Takistan to have some as well.

As somebody who has always been fascinated with the realm of alternate history, I'm excited to see somebody doing a mod like this. 

But I also think in the case of World War II lasting longer normally post-war tanks like the T-44,T-54, M46, and Centurion would've seen action as well as a lot of them were in development or were just too late to see action. There was also plenty of upgrades to wartime designs that got cancelled because the war ended before they could be put into service like the 90mm-armed M18 Hellcat. 

Also for the Japanese, they had the Chi-Ri and Chi-To which were their most "advanced" tank designs during the war although none of them saw combat as they never left the home islands. Also they also had tons of other designs which were never built including the O-I. 

14 minutes ago, (2142)gen.reaper said:

T-44,T-54, M46/7(they were just upgraded Pershings), and Centurion would've seen action as well. 

T-44 - maybe, but T-54, M46 - it's already a collision of two different eras. I think these species will feel theirselves more comfortable somewhere in Korea or Vietnam. For futuristic ww2 mod there are a lot of unrealised projects to use.

46 minutes ago, Rayko said:

T-44 - maybe, but T-54, M46 - it's already a collision of two different eras. I think these species will feel theirselves more comfortable somewhere in Korea or Vietnam. For futuristic ww2 mod there are a lot of unrealised projects to use.

Well it could be said that the appearance of panzers like the E-50, E-75, and E-100 would've likely sped up the development of the T-54 which entered production in 1947 although wouldn't fully replace the T-34 as the main Soviet tank until the introduction of the T-54A. Here is an example of one of a early production T-54, note the lack of the classic upturned bowl turret. 

Tank_T-54_in_Verkhnyaya_Pyshma.jpg

As for the M46, yeah probably a bit too post-war. But I think the early T-54 is well within reason as well as the Centurion Mark I. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, (2142)gen.reaper said:

But I think the early T-54 is well within reason as well as the Centurion Mark I. 

T-54 reminds a lot T-55 -> an iconic tank of cold war. I think it will be safe not to go so far because in some point this mod could start to look like first ww2 mods for OFP, when the people were painted this t-55 with german signs and call this Tiger III... Believe me, years ago i was thinking about such mod, i have a gigabytes of references, and i can tell you, that there are more interesting prototypes to use in such projects... 

9 hours ago, Polyus said:

This may be an odd request, but for the IS-3, could you please make Egyptian and Takistani skins? I know Egypt used them up until the Six-Day War, and it'd just be cool for Takistan to have some as well.

Currently not planned, as this is based on the Alt History Western and Eastern Front. But when I eventually get to the IS3 and I can MAYBE look at doing it, maybe. 

4 hours ago, (2142)gen.reaper said:

As somebody who has always been fascinated with the realm of alternate history, I'm excited to see somebody doing a mod like this. 

But I also think in the case of World War II lasting longer normally post-war tanks like the T-44,T-54, M46, and Centurion would've seen action as well as a lot of them were in development or were just too late to see action. There was also plenty of upgrades to wartime designs that got cancelled because the war ended before they could be put into service like the 90mm-armed M18 Hellcat. 

Also for the Japanese, they had the Chi-Ri and Chi-To which were their most "advanced" tank designs during the war although none of them saw combat as they never left the home islands. Also they also had tons of other designs which were never built including the O-I. 

T-44-85 and T-44-100 are well within scope as they were used during WW2 and I presume would have been used as a T-34-85 replacement had the war kept going to 1947. 

T-54 not so much, as it entered Service in 1949, all the tanks I've mentioned above were designed during World War 2 and would have been built most likely late 1945 or early 1946, however only the T-54-1 would tick the boxes here, so I could possibly add it since 3 were built in 1946 and 22 were built in 1947, and I'm sure if WW2 kept going they would have pumped them out side by side with the T-44. 

M46, will not be doing as that is a 1949 vehicle. However I could do the M26 Pershing and the T26E4 Super Pershing, as they most likely would have been used side by side with the T29 and friends ha the war kept going. 

Centurion is definitely possible, being introduced in 1945 I'm sure as hell that would have been rolling around doing war things had it been prolonged. However it would most likely be the Mk2 Centurion which was introduced in 1946.  

• Like 3

Update 1 

Sorry for the double post. Wait, if I'm double posting on my own thread am I saying sorry to myself? Top 10 questions science cant answer. 

Anyway... Got some half decent renders for you, the German E-50 and E-75. They're kind of in their final state, as the vert count is 38k for the E-50 and 40k for the E-75, so I don't want to go any higher really. 

*NOTE IMAGES ARE HEAVILY OUTDATED AND HAVE CHANGED QUITE A BIT SINCE*

E-50 Ausf. B 8.8cm L/100

Spoiler

gGdOvI6.png

E-75 Ausf. B 10.5cm L/68

Spoiler

MnmBqSn.jpg

• Like 7

Looks very promising, keep up the great work.  

• Like 1

G'day people.

Not too much update wise, however I've been mainly working on the E50 and E75 perfecting the models. 

*NOTE OUT OF DATE*

Spoiler

U1IQ2xy.png

I'll post some more pics of all the vehicles once they're all sharpened. 

Cheers. 

• Like 10

Looks great buck! Didn't realize this was alt history when you were first showing me.

5 hours ago, thesn4k3 said:

Looks great buck! Didn't realize this was alt history when you were first showing me.

Yea mate, probably cause I get so carried away trying to perfect the one model I'm doing I forget about the rest haha. I've got quite a bit of work to do though

• Like 1

On 8-7-2017 at 9:16 AM, xxgetbuck123 said:

What would it include?

At this current stage I'm just doing armoured vehicles, heavy tanks, medium tanks, light tanks, APCs, IFVs etc. Tanks that could have seen combat during a prolonged war, such as.... (A few examples)

This can easily relieve you of all your free time for the next five years (even with the shared parts)!

Best of luck though, tanks are awesome!