Sign in to follow this  
Cane

holes

Normally when a grenade impacts somewhere, there's a hole in the ground, an ideal place to hide I'd say.

I assume that the engine doesn't support such a feature,but it would be cool !

yes we all probably wish that OFP had fully destructable terrian, like Red Faction, but the engine doesnt support it, it would be niice to have it in a sequal?, maybe a terrain systen where grenads blow holes in the ground, you can dig trenches and foxholes etc etc

And without the ability to jump how would u get out?

I'd like to be able to till the soil and plant my crops.

LEADER: 2,3, TILL SOIL, 12 O'CLOCK

LEADER: 4,5, PLANT SEEDS, 12 O'CLOCK

Then when the harvest came, the americans and russians would sit and eat salad and not fight or anything, because I was told that vegitarians were the most peaceful people on earth (really, I was told this by a member of PETA: People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.  But I'm a life time member of the other PeTa: People Eating Tastey Animals.)

But the idea of digging the earth is good, especially trenches and bunkers.   To get out of a bunker or trench, you don't just stand and jump out, you got to climb out, or go out a door and steps in the case of a bunker, so jumping isn't really needed if trenches are added.  Anyway, it wouldn't be added in this game's lifetime, maybe in a sequal or MOD.

-=Die Alive=-

LOL, That worm game is my home page for the last 3 weeks, and everytime I start my browser, I'd play for 10-15 minutes and forget where I was supposed to go in the first place.

Maybe CM should buy the rights to that worm game and sell it as OPERATION WORM.  But they'd problably F it up and ship a buggy beta version.

-=Die Alive=-

Actually the whole made by a grenade isn't more than a few inches deep! not much to hide in!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Paco1 on 3:33 pm on Nov. 8, 2001

Actually the whole made by a grenade isn't more than a few inches deep! not much to hide in!<span id='postcolor'>But that hole would be enough to take a dump in, and then you use another grenade to blow your crap all over the area so no one can step in your crap smile.gif

-=Die Alive=-

I read the great SOG book by Major Plaster and there's a story about a team holding off an NVA company from a bomb crater.

Deformable terrain would solve the problem of not having enough cover. I'd love to play a mission with two or three other people where we had to hold off a whole company from a hole in the ground!

P.S. While I'm dreaming, I want to be able to toss grenades back hehehe but i know they're implemented to explode on impact and not bounce so oh well...

Yeah I'm talking about the kind of dent a Mk-84 makes. You know, like all those small ponds in Vietnam? smile.gif

A. The current engine does not support anything like this. It might be an idea to ad this to the thread with suggestions for OFP2.

B. Addons & Mods: Complete?

Another dig from the past I see, it should be closed within an hour.

RED

This is the second year old thread ~Too Tall~ has brought up today.

Problem: smallest element of a map is 50x50m. Would be a big crater, minimum diameter: 150m (or 492.12ft, if you like non-metric systems)...

Solution: prebuild crater add-ons (roadway-lod?)

It sure would be a good idea.

Quick query, if you built a map from scratch, would it be possible to build a bunker with underground tunnels running through it, similar to the Maginot line?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (supah @ Nov. 08 2001,20:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And without the ability to jump how would u get out?<span id='postcolor'>

Obviously no-one reads my posts.

Yes, it's very easy to make a simple jump script with v1.85. Takes all of about 3 lines of scripting.

I posted a totally reliable and very simple demo jump script on the Mission Editing board about a week ago (approx).

Prospero

Jumping is still useless in a true military simulator like Operation Flashpoint. To get out, there should be a command on the menu. It could even use the animations that it uses when you enter a vehicle.

maybe climb like in the R6 series? after all, thats what they would most likely would do i would think...