Sign in to follow this  
primarine

AI commander orders to disembark whith no reason

Hello, i'm trying to make convoy mission. I placed Marshall, Hunter, 3x HEMTTs and 2x Prowlers. I also placed 1 rifle squad and 1 weapon squad in each HEMTT. Unfortunately, commander of weapon squad in 3rd HEMTT always orders to four soldiers to disembark whith no reason. Then he also orders to one of these soldiers to board HEMTT again. What the hell is going on and how i can fix that?

Thank you.

Welcome to the smartness of ArmA AI! There are many reasons they will disembark, but I have seen AI disembark vehicles and randomly embark again with no reason, being they were KM's away from any enemy.

Probably the easiest fix I can think of at the moment is to just lock the vehicles for just AI until you want them to be able to disembark.

• Like 1

I'd recommend posting the bug on the bug tracker, as this should not happen. 

You can give:

this disableAI "Move"

on each member seperately or

{_x disableAI "FSM"} foreach crew

You can check this thread also . It is an under fire disembark but it could help your case too i guess

Cheers

Having to do a workaround should NOT have to happen!  Unless there is a valid reason for them to disembark they should stay put!  Something is wierd or it is sloppy coding.