Good day,

I would like to have the Arma 3 Direct Chat be louder, or at least independent of the Effects Slider without using an external voice system like TeamSpeak.

Is there a mod that can accomplish this?

Best regards,

Fros7bite

How exactly does this relate to mission editing and scripting?

As long as the in game slider for VON is all the way up there's only a few things to do:

Make sure system volume is all the way up, it's surprising how many folks have this slider sitting at 10-30% and crank up their amp/headphone amp, hello clipping, goodbye speakers!

Make sure all enhancements in windows -> sound -> properties -> enhancements are off, they are usually enabled by default (at least from what I've seen) and can do some really weird unwanted stuff to the audio signal like cloning channels in 5.1 and whatnot, I've seen (heard) all

Also make sure the folks talking to you have their mics turned all the way up.

You'd need to consider that arma has a pretty good loudness representation in terms of dynamic range.

Talking in game and firing a gun pretty much reflect how it is in reality.

Cheers

12 minutes ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

How exactly does this relate to mission editing and scripting?

As long as the in game slider for VON is all the way up there's only a few things to do:

Make sure system volume is all the way up, it's surprising how many folks have this slider sitting at 10-30% and crank up their amp/headphone amp, hello clipping, goodbye speakers!

Make sure all enhancements in windows -> sound -> properties -> enhancements are off, they are usually enabled by default (at least from what I've seen) and can do some really weird unwanted stuff to the audio signal like cloning channels in 5.1 and whatnot, I've seen (heard) all

Also make sure the folks talking to you have their mics turned all the way up.

You'd need to consider that arma has a pretty good loudness representation in terms of dynamic range.

Talking in game and firing a gun pretty much reflect how it is in reality.

Cheers

Roger that, thank you!

fact is direct channel is much lower in volume than vehicle channel for example

+1 for louder direct channel