WelshyYT

Anyone Know How To Make A Static Weapon?

Anyone Know How To Make A Static Weapon? If so please post below or add me on Steam.

Thanks Welshy

I would also like to know this as i'm having trouble making one at the moment. I've looked at the Arma 2 samples and couldn't figure it out and there isn't a static in the arma 3 ones.

In terms of model its very similar to a vehicle 

LODS are pretty much the same except no need for Phsyx LOD

Needs a model config with animations 

Config terms:

Again very similar to a vehicle, get an all in one config and see how BIS do it. 

Then once you reach a specific issue then you can post on the forums. There aren't many guides for modding in arma, people are especially reluctant to sit down and talk someone through the process. Do what everyone else has done, try to figure out how BIS did it, try to replicate their work using the stuff you've made. 

You can also look at the public source files for the RDS static weapons pack : http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24909

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, soldierman said:

Config terms:

Again very similar to a vehicle, get an all in one config and see how BIS do it. 

Then once you reach a specific issue then you can post on the forums. There aren't many guides for modding in arma, people are especially reluctant to sit down and talk someone through the process. Do what everyone else has done, try to figure out how BIS did it, try to replicate their work using the stuff you've made. 

You can also look at the public source files for the RDS static weapons pack : http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24909

I'll have a look over the pack tomorrow. Out of interest, is there a script command to get a more "friendly" looking version of the games config files as I don't like the format in game, I much prefer something I can look at in notepad.

21 hours ago, soldierman said:

Config terms:

It crashes Object Builder, when I open the p3ds.

38 minutes ago, [evo] dan said:

I had no problem with the zu23.

it just crashes for me. Can you send me the model by itself please.

Have you tried redownloading the entire package to make sure it wasn't corrupt?

2 minutes ago, [evo] dan said:

Have you tried redownloading the entire package to make sure it wasn't corrupt?

Ye I have. Still no.