Flax

Flax's Arma Server Tool (F.A.S.T.)

21 hours ago, coolspy said:

Any ETA for V2 beta ? :)

Hoping to have something for you by weekend of the 4th/5th. No promises though. 

• Like 1

Hi!

I'm, having this error when try to check addon updates 

Any ideas?

f6e279fe06821e1433de8df48ac412a3.png

Thanks!

7 hours ago, PabloDMA said:

Hi!

I'm, having this error when try to check addon updates 

Any ideas?

Not sure what would have specifically caused it in this case as I can't replicate the issue. I've stopped all updates for V1 now as I'm on track for V2 firs version next in the next week. Take a look at the mods.cfg and see if any of the line look differently formatted from the others - it could be missing a timestamp or coma.

• Like 1

On 26/7/2018 at 7:38 AM, Flax said:

Not sure what would have specifically caused it in this case as I can't replicate the issue. I've stopped all updates for V1 now as I'm on track for V2 firs version next in the next week. Take a look at the mods.cfg and see if any of the line look differently formatted from the others - it could be missing a timestamp or coma.

Resolved. 

A mod was deleted from SW. 

I've deleted that line on mods.cfg

@ownedarg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PabloDMA said:

Resolved. 

A mod was deleted from SW. 

I've deleted that line on mods.cfg

Thanks, I will see if I can add some error handling for that in FAST2.

• Like 2

8x8qJa4.png

Any idea on what is causing this? It has just started happening recently.

It doesn't seem to be stopping FAST from downloading mods however.

I just started getting the same thing just the other day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh interesting, will run a test on FAST later and see what it is. That output only comes from SteamCMD so must be some changes there. 

Yeah I ran a test last night - couldn't get it to happen every time but didn't seem to affect the overall functionality. I know that more and more bugs are showing through in FAST. So can understand its frustrating they aren't getting fixed. 

FAST 2 will be worth the wait I'm certain. I've offloaded all the saving and loading of profiles/ mods and settings to internal objects in the program so there should be a lot less file handling issues and general stability improvements. New UI is a huge improvement too IMO and a lot of my old spaghetti code started being copied across and has mostly ended up being completely rewritten. 

I'm hoping to have the first version out next week. Here's a GIF of a feature that is completely unnecessary....
a8e15743ed0d9b3ded5bbfbf82f7e202.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looking good!!!! Eagerly waiting for the release!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

i got 600 mods in my mods folder but i only want to enable 200 but i dont want to copy them all in my arma 3 server folder is there a faster way with you programm?

1 hour ago, Dentist2904 said:

i got 600 mods in my mods folder but i only want to enable 200 but i dont want to copy them all in my arma 3 server folder is there a faster way with you programm?

Are you running a Server or is this just for your client. This tools is mainly designed to be used with Steam mods and for launching dedicated servers. It doesn't really support client launching. 

Then yes, you can use FAST to launch the dedi server with only the mods you select in the tool. 

Hi flax love the concept of this.

I say concept as its not working at all for me and me bro so have not been able to fully test but love the way it has HC function built in.I assume it will drag mod list from server for the HC`s how will it handle 

Server mods only are we able to manually add them?

but so looking forward to version 2.

• Like 1

Wow F.A.S.T 2 looks really nice.

Can't wait for it. Keep on the good work :) 

Yeah snap infact I'm waiting to start a server but awaiting flaxes tool.

I am capable of doing it the old fashioned way or like I have done use tophes tool but really love how this one has a dedicated HC function which looks as though it makes it a snap to do and tbh I'm in no rush to get my server up as my bro is running one at the moment any way.

Sorry guys, had a busy week at work and on holiday now. Back to this next week!

No need to explain your self mate we know people have real lives away from this forum.

Hope every thing is ok.

Many thanks for the tool -  I have noticed a small bug.  Im reporting it as I am hoping that it doesnt affect the new version.  

The bug is if the title of the Mod contains a ","  then this is parsed as a separator in the Mods.cfg file.  An Example is 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1188303655

Kunduz, Afghanistan - Fixed Doors

Cheers

21 hours ago, Jockeyboy2_0 said:

Many thanks for the tool -  I have noticed a small bug.  Im reporting it as I am hoping that it doesnt affect the new version.  

The bug is if the title of the Mod contains a ","  then this is parsed as a separator in the Mods.cfg file.  An Example is 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1188303655

Kunduz, Afghanistan - Fixed Doors

Cheers

Hmm, weird the comma should be being replaced with a safe character. This won't be an issue in the new version. Mods and servers are stored as objects in the program rather than text in an external file.