Flax

Flax's Arma Server Tool (F.A.S.T.)

I've started work on FAST 2 so won't be adding any major new features to the current version. Happy to bug fix if you guys find anything. 

In the meantime here is an image of the new UI, I'm not 100% on it yet so let me know what you guys think. Happy for suggestions and criticisms, only a first pass so plenty of room for change. 

rsz_fast2.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good news for FAST 2 :)
I like the interface, looks clean!

By the way, here is what I experience with the steam workshop mods. When I check all the mods in FAST, it seems they don't appear in the ARMA Browser (red dots everywhere in the bottom right), even if it seems they do launch themselves

And if I use on the client servers the same mods, it tells me I have a CBA A3 mismatch version (which is nearly impossible since I synchronize mods with the steam workshop)

Any clue please?

107410_20180627145622_1.jpg

1 hour ago, coolspy said:

Good news for FAST 2 :)
I like the interface, looks clean!

By the way, here is what I experience with the steam workshop mods. When I check all the mods in FAST, it seems they don't appear in the ARMA Browser (red dots everywhere in the bottom right), even if it seems they do launch themselves

And if I use on the client servers the same mods, it tells me I have a CBA A3 mismatch version (which is nearly impossible since I synchronize mods with the steam workshop)

Thanks, using Google's Material Design for it. 

As for the issues with mods let me get a test server up and running to see if I can get this fixed - I believe it's a mix of using a slightly different command line option and a hard character length limit between the steam servers and the Arma. Once I've done some more testing I'll let you know.

some how mod doesnt show up in server Mod tab ! any idea ?

really i did look around the thread but no luck on fixing it ! and dealing with bunch of workshop ID to put in extraparam is a hell job ! pls fix it !  
edit 1 : after using extraparam to use mod i get this : dpM4t4z.png

this really messed me up since i remove my arma 3 client on VPS and remove TADST and the mod dont even work

Did you install the mods using the tool or where they already on the server? The server mods tab picks up all mods in the Arma 3 Server directory. As for the error message on your second post that used to show up when other mods were loaded before CBA. Make sure CBA is at the top of your mod list. 

Would it be possible in the next version to be able to manage only the server settings with a default ARMA 3 install (no SteamCMD) ? Because when I try to use it with my current install, the mods don't want to be detected. I have to manually copy all the mods from the Steam folder to the SteamCMD workshop folder  (which I had to create and don't really need). :)

2 minutes ago, coolspy said:

Would it be possible in the next version to be able to manage only the server settings with a default ARMA 3 install (no SteamCMD) ? Because when I try to use it with my current install, the mods don't want to be detected. I have to manually copy all the mods from the Steam folder to the SteamCMD workshop folder  (which I had to create and don't really need). :)

Yes and no - current version 1.x won't have this ability and I don't plan on removing the SteamCMD side of it from version 2.x. I am working on the ability to add "local" mods into the mods list. This will end up with you having a Steam Mods List and a Local Mods List. 

Little sneak peak of the new UI too:

5711073234cb91f97a13e75eed5af747.gif

• Thanks 1

Ah too bad! I dream of a simple tool to manage my servers but without the implementation of STEAMCMD. I think alot of people would be interested if you create such an alternate tool. Not sure how time consuming it is though even if it is a much simplier tool. Thanks for your work and quick answer! ;)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, coolspy said:

Ah too bad! I dream of a simple tool to manage my servers but without the implementation of STEAMCMD. I think alot of people would be interested if you create such an alternate tool. Not sure how time consuming it is though even if it is a much simplier tool. Thanks for your work and quick answer! ;)

Yes, plus one for this. I have the server installed from steam tool and only use CMD because FAST requires it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tankbuster said:

Yes, plus one for this. I have the server installed from steam tool and only use CMD because FAST requires it.

1 hour ago, coolspy said:

Ah too bad! I dream of a simple tool to manage my servers but without the implementation of STEAMCMD.

Yeah that's fine - FAST 2 will support local installs too. I'll add a tick box at the initial setup and a setting to hide/ not require the SteamCMD stuff so you can toggle as needed. It ended up being like this because the tool started as a substitute for manually installing/ using SteamCMD and only after that did I think about adding TADST type functionality. I'll make sure It can be used both ways. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Flax said:

Yeah that's fine - FAST 2 will support local installs too. I'll add a tick box at the initial setup and a setting to hide/ not require the SteamCMD stuff so you can toggle as needed. It ended up being like this because the tool started as a substitute for manually installing/ using SteamCMD and only after that did I think about adding TADST type functionality. I'll make sure It can be used both ways. 

Fantastic news. Thanks, mate.

@Flax I posted an issue on GitHub that I have been struggling with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25 minutes ago, eric963 said:

@Flax I posted an issue on GitHub that I have been struggling with.

Yeah seen mate, not sure what's causing that. I'll see if I can find the issue and fix. 

Thanks for looking into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, Flax said:

Awesome.... your tool keeps getting better after every release and it's cool to see you are open to some suggestions! Good job, can't wait for 2.0 now ;)

Hello Flax and everyone!

Flax you could just create a manual command for the automated symbolic link process that the program already does.

So the user would put the original link from where (or where) the download was made .....

I intend to use own steam to download the MOD's (for download speed and because even in large download's steam does not lose connection like steamCMD)

The syntax for creating the dynamic link for those in trouble now is:

mklink / D <LINK> <ORIGINAL FOLDER>

Is there a way currently to setup serverside only mods separate from the required mods?

8 hours ago, Arghbra said:

Flax you could just create a manual command for the automated symbolic link process that the program already does.

Sure thing, will add that as soon as possible. 

2 hours ago, mciluziionz said:

Is there a way currently to setup serverside only mods separate from the required mods?

You could use the extra parameters box on the Performance Tab to achieve this. There will be a way to do it through the UI in V2

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Flax said:

You could use the extra parameters box on the Performance Tab to achieve this. There will be a way to do it through the UI in V2

Alright thanks, also the custom difficulty settings in the current version are a bit vague. For example the Group Indicators is a checkbox, but in actuality it has three options: Hide, Limited Distanced, Show (Unlimited)

Am I able to use this tool on remote hardware? It seems like everyone here is posting screenshots taken from hardware they have physical access to, and I was hoping to find something I can use on a remote system. I've managed to set up an ArmA 3 server on my box right now. However, there's a lot of functionality I'm unable to get because I simply don't know enough about setting this stuff up.

Edited by PUN_FearTheReaper
Grammatical Fixes

5 hours ago, mciluziionz said:

Alright thanks, also the custom difficulty settings in the current version are a bit vague. For example the Group Indicators is a checkbox, but in actuality it has three options: Hide, Limited Distanced, Show (Unlimited)

It's possible the Bohemia Wiki docs have been updated since I did the difficulty settings - I will adjust to the new params for V2 definitely, possibly for V1.

4 hours ago, PUN_FearTheReaper said:

Am I able to use this tool on remote hardware? It seems like everyone here is posting screenshots taken from hardware they have physical access to, and I was hoping to find something I can use on a remote system. I've managed to set up an ArmA 3 server on my box right now. However, there's a lot of functionality I'm unable to get because I simply don't know enough about setting this stuff up.

You can use this on any Arma 3 server where you have access to use the Windows Desktop interface - IE dedicated boxes with RDP or VNC access. It wont work on hosted servers where you are given a web interface to manage the server. 

• Like 1

I can't find a way to use admins[] = {"<UID>"}; to autologin as admin.

Did I miss something or does it have to be added in a future release ? Any workaround ?

2 hours ago, coolspy said:

I can't find a way to use admins[] = {"<UID>"}; to autologin as admin.

Did I miss something or does it have to be added in a future release ? Any workaround ?

Will add to UI in V2 - for now just go to the generated config and add the line yourself.