Flax

Flax's Arma Server Tool (F.A.S.T.)

Hello @Flax and everyone accompanying the post!

It is not necessary to delete the mods.cfg, just edit the original file and edit the line of mods one by one by removing one of the commas from the end.

Example:

Actual state:

463939057, ace, 5/26/2018 11:49:30 AM, 4/19/1988 5:03:36 PM, public

This is how the program currently places the line in the MOD's.cfg file

463939057, ace, 5/26/2018 11:49:30 AM, 4/19/1988 5:03:36 PM ,, public

This was the way the program would place the mod line in the file before the problems related to the steam update.

Notice that in the end, before the public there are two commas.

For the correctness and success of downloads without having to create the entire mod list again, just edit the file and remove a comma in each line of each mod.

Thanks for all FIX.

Argh. My 'my responding' bug is back. My gut feeling is its a file overwrite permissions thing because it does this when I'm halfway through creating a new server tab and save, then finish creating the tab and save again. Then it goes not responding. If I do complete  entering data into the new server tab and launch it, it goes not responding too. It does launch eventually though.

The wierd thing is, I was able to make my test server and my Altis server, which run the same mission, but creating the Tanoa server always seem to be troublesome.

I also notice that if there is a FASTprofile for this particular server, when I click save, that file disappears and the programs goes not responding.

Is it because I installed the tool in a program files dir and windows gets sniffy about that?

4 minutes ago, Tankbuster said:

Argh. My 'my responding' bug is back. My gut feeling is its a file overwrite permissions thing because it does this when I'm halfway through creating a new server tab and save, then finish creating the tab and save again. Then it goes not responding. If I do complete  entering data into the new server tab and launch it, it goes not responding too. It does launch eventually though.

The wierd thing is, I was able to make my test server and my Altis server, which run the same mission, but creating the Tanoa server always seem to be troublesome.

I also notice that if there is a FASTprofile for this particular server, when I click save, that file disappears and the programs goes not responding.

Is it because I installed the tool in a program files dir and windows gets sniffy about that?

Hmm file overwrite does sound correct. I've had some issues with file locking when testing. The file handling is the major rewirte I'm planning right now as currently it's shocking and different parts of the program are using different methods. Program Files shouldn't be an issue since the program requires being run as admin anyway to create the symbolic links. 

I'll see if I can get a version for you that spits out all error messages. So I can get some more specific pointers to the broken code. 

• Thanks 1

Some more odd stuff that I'm seeing. When I create a new server, in this case called AuthorityTanoa, it creates, in the servers dir, a folder called Authority Tanoa. I was expecting that folder to be more or less empty, but its rammed full of old RPTs, console logs and stuff. When I start that server, it goes not responding again, complains it can't find the basic.cfg file, then starts the server.

And the AuthorityTanoa folder now contains just the current RPF, the console, the 2 cfg files and 3 folders called Tmp2302, Units and users.

Something else I've just noticed. I run 3 missions, one each for the Tanoa and Altis build of my mission and a test server. I get this not responding issue ONLY when doing stuff with the tab for the Tanoa mission. I'm even more sure it's a file permissions issue, almost certainly overwrite.

Did i you have any luck with making me a debug version?

I am trying to set this tool up for our server (been using TADST for years before) but now we just started using the steam workshop to manage our mods (was updating them manually before that)!

TADST started to feel abandoned and I found your tool which looked good! But, I can't figure out whether it's a bug or I have no clue how to manage my mods the "workshop way", it's turning into a nightmare for me.

Whenever I try to launch the server with you tool and checking all the mods I want to use in the "mod tab", my client won't show any mod running in the ingame server browser. Even the official mods (jets, karts etc..) show a red dot. It always look like my server does not run any mod at all !?

I even tried to uncheck any mod and use the -mod=jets;kart;@CBA_A3 line in the extra parameters box but still nothing....

What am I doing wrong? What's so horrible with the workshop mod method??! I can't figure it out!

@Tankbuster Sorry for the delay in replying, I still do not use the FLAX program to start the server. Precisely because of the initial problem of the MODs are not listed in the laucher (the mod's were functioning as serverside).

In this case I still work with TADST. I'm going to try some tests on the backup and warning server.

I don't run any serverside mods, so I've never had that problem. The problem with TADST is the custom difficulty is so broken, no tacticalping, for example.

As I'm sure my issue is a file permissions one, I'll solve it by a complete reinstall of the game and failing that, of windows

@Tankbuster will release V1.3.2 soon which has full debugging enabled. Could you explain how the tactical ping and other custom difficulty is broken? The options are there in the program and seem to write correctly to the config file. If I can get a reason why it doesn't work I'll put it in the release. 

Misunderstanding! Tactical Ping is broken on TADST. :)

Ah yes, just re-read. My bad! Still hopefully V1.3.2 will help with the other issue you are having. 

Excellent. I've cleared my intray. :)

Hello again Tankbuster!
My clan uses ACE Pointing (if you use ACE, I suggest setting it) is much more interesting than Tactical Point. I found this video on YouTube right on time (the video is not my own, nor do I know the owner / responsible) :

i'm aware of ACE Pointing, but I don't use ACE. :)

So I'm having a bit of trouble, and I hope it's just that I'm overlooking something simple. I'm pretty sure I've got everything setup, but I can't get any missions to show up in the list. Does it just pull from the mpmissions folder, or is it looking for them somewhere else? I tried refreshing, but nothing ever shows and the server won't launch because there is no mission selected (I assume, it says "please make sure all fields are filled in and the profile is saved"). Did I miss something?

Awesome tool, btw. I've been looking for a good replacement to TADST for a long time. Even when it doesn't really work on large mods, it's already easier than manually updating or setting up a steamcmd script. Have you thought about doing a donation ability or something? I know I for one would be happy to toss a few bucks your way to reward your hard work on something that will help the community as a whole once it's complete.

@baron556 Thanks for the feedback, glad people are using it and finding it worth using. I hadn't though about donations but won't be putting any link or PayPal up for now as I'm doing this in my spare time as something I enjoy so never looked to get paid for it. Plus the community has plenty of other causes more worthy of your money. 

As for your issue - yes the server tab pulls missions from the MPMissions Folder of the server path set on the "Steam Updater" tab. It will only look for packed (.pbo) mission files. Server should launch fine without any mission selected. Can you screenshot the settings page of the server tab and post it?

Flax, any idea why FAST won't launch my workshop mods even if I enable all the mods in your tool (and official mods too), when I try to join the server with my client PC in the server browser it shows no mods running (red dots in front of the official mods) and no additional mods launched. Any hint where the problem is ? thanks

@coolspy Hmm interesting not 100% sure on this. I'll give it a test when I get home tonight. It could be my fault or it could be the mods not implementing this system correctly. Can you screenshot what it shows as in the server browser for me?

Can't do a screenshot right now but it looks like this at the bottom right (where the comments are). Except all the official mods have red dots and the other mods I am using from workshop do not even appear. Even if I select them in FAST before launching the server

F2870371207BC28A5450653FF3C90A67BB5E50A1

7 hours ago, Flax said:

As for your issue - yes the server tab pulls missions from the MPMissions Folder of the server path set on the "Steam Updater" tab. It will only look for packed (.pbo) mission files. Server should launch fine without any mission selected. Can you screenshot the settings page of the server tab and post it?

@FlaxThe pbo part explains it, all of our missions are sqm right out of the editor and we usually dont binarize or pack them. I'll pack one and see, but it sounds like that should fix the issue I'm having. Won't be able to try until after work though. Any chance of having it look for unpacked missions as well?

29 minutes ago, baron556 said:

@FlaxAny chance of having it look for unpacked missions as well?

Sure, will add it in for V1.3.2

9 hours ago, Flax said:

Sure, will add it in for V1.3.2

Awesome, appreciate it. So, packing missions up into a pbo makes them show up in the list but even after selecting one it gives me the "Please make sure all fields are filled in and the profile is saved" popup when I try to launch. Going through all the tabs, it looks like I have something in every field that should be relevant. Is there a way to know what field is causing an issue? Any common ones I might not be thinking of as important?

EDIT - Nevermind, I think I got it. I didn't have the actual server exe selected.

Thanks again for your work and diligence in updating.

9 hours ago, baron556 said:

EDIT - Nevermind, I think I got it. I didn't have the actual server exe selected.

Thanks again for your work and diligence in updating.

Good to hear you found the issue - I'll try and make the error message more informative so you don't have to search around in future. 

NEW RELEASE - V1.3.2

Minor Updates

Minor release to address a few issues and add better error reporting.

• Added error report window
  • Added ability to open new GitHub issue from error report
  • Added full error message output
  • Improved selecting of server file on New Server Tab

Known Issues

• Large updates on slow connection time out (Steam Issue).
  • Mods saying updated even if skipped.
  • Server Profile mod sort order not saved.

I haven't been able to test all server config options - if they are broke let me know and I'll fix.

Downloads

GitHub Release

Update Instructions

1. Download and unzip.
  2. Overwrite existing files.
  • Thanks 2

Looking good so far with the mods part.  Will get some time tomorrow to test out the server and HC stuff.

Thanks for your continued effort!!