hi guys,
was trying to use mine detector in MP, because players spam soo many mines that every step can be the last!
...guess what? tried everything....but it doesnt work !
here's the details :
first of all i use veteran difficulty in MP, so no ridicolous red triangles on screen.
i have mineDetector in my inventory (dress or jacket, tried also on backpack), i go near a mine...nothing.
i supposed (or maybe i remember wrong from ACE3 times) it should also hint and yell about spotting a mine.
but it does absolutely nothing.
tried also in editor...even with red triangles dont seems to make any difference. and never hintor audio.
any idea how make it yells and hint ?
thanks !

Mine dector has to be in pistol slot 

OMG, seriously ? ...i try.

EDIT:
hahah....very funny joke.

man, just tested. is simply not possible move it to an handgun (or any other item) slot.
maybe you are confused with some mods, like ACE3 or else.

• Like 1

In vanilla Arma 3, the mine detector lives in the uniform, backpack or vest and it works from there.

(...) ...and it NOT works from there !
red triangles are just ridicolously too unrealistic, and seems there are no other "detection" (like a "beep" sound?)

19 minutes ago, dlegion said:

(...) ...and it NOT works from there !
red triangles are just ridicolously too unrealistic, and seems there are no other "detection" (like a "beep" sound?)

It's a mine detector. When it beeps its job is done.

Spotting the mine is up to you.

Adding the beeping sound for veteran difficulty is up to BI.

Cheers

• Like 1

eh....dear Grumpy, you are right. sadly right.

• Like 1

For naval mine, the detector sees them just fine and you can disarm them if you're an engineer or explosives dude and have a toolkit.

Curiously, for landmines, you have to 'announce' them before you'll get the 'disarm' action. By default, it's the 't' key.

28 minutes ago, Tankbuster said:

For naval mine, the detector sees them just fine and you can disarm them if you're an engineer or explosives dude and have a toolkit.

Curiously, for landmines, you have to 'announce' them before you'll get the 'disarm' action. By default, it's the 't' key.

The entire implementation seems a bit wonky.

Why on earth would a mine detector stop beeping after you targeted the mine and hit "T"?

Makes no sense since no matter if the mine has been disarmed or not, the mine detector stops detecting the mine after hitting "T".

So one could go to a minefield, hit T a few times and troll the entire MP server since the mine detector is now detecting only non spotted mines.

Odd.

Cheers

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

The entire implementation seems a bit wonky.

Why on earth would a mine detector stop beeping after you targeted the mine and hit "T"?

Makes no sense since no matter if the mine has been disarmed or not, the mine detector stops detecting the mine after hitting "T".

It's a "smart" mine detector or magical. Pick one :-)

11 minutes ago, lukio said:

It's a "smart" mine detector or magical. Pick one :-)

I prefer option C:

• 15min 230mm rocket barrage on the 3x3 surrounding grids around the mines.

Cheers

• Like 1

O/T Don't forget the other option. The CRV Bobcat can be driven slowly over the mines, setting them off and take only a tiny bit of damage.