Any screenshots or anything? No Steam workshop release?

Considering a Steam Workshop release, but I want to hear from other modders about their experiences with it before committing.  As for screens, feel free to post some :)

Awesome, can't wait to check it out when I get home. The map was great already.

27 minutes ago, Shizuaki said:

Omg man, OMG, luv u six! :eyeheart:

Oh, it does not work, launcher cant load it xD

Never mind, it works! ^^ I took some screenshots, the problem is - I dont know how to upload it here :dontgetit:

6 hours ago, six_ten said:

Considering a Steam Workshop release, but I want to hear from other modders about their experiences with it before committing.  As for screens, feel free to post some :)

That's good to keep the addon updated for everyone. 

• Like 1

Absolutely fantastic mod, so much fun to be had with these assets.....six_ten take a bow.

xeaFXkx.jpg

KKnYGnS.jpg

GB4TGvs.jpg

Rn1ama2.jpg

• Like 10

20 hours ago, das attorney said:

Great Britain as OPFOR - love it!  :)

Nice to play the good bad guy for a change :f:

• Like 3

Awesome! So glad this got a release. Often these more ambitious mods outside of the normal modern military scope get abandoned or have huge problems. Can't wait to go sailing!

• Like 1

I've got a Charleville musket I'd be willing to donate if you're interested.

• Like 1

Nice screenshots -- can't wait to see more!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, six_ten said:

looks like bad weather for a battle.

A little private version of Sullen Skies for Tangier Island.....

• Like 2

21 hours ago, six_ten said:

Considering a Steam Workshop release, but I want to hear from other modders about their experiences with it before committing.

this is just my personal opinion: the workshop made my life easier and it made the life of all the randos that just got arma and want to use my mod much easier too. i understand that people that make assets for a living feel uncomfortable about parts of the EULA but consider this. no matter where you upload the mod. anyone can get it and reupload it anywhere they want. it's the reality of releasing something for free on the internet. also consider that it's better to be the first one to upload it there. if your stuff is nice it WILL be uploaded there by someone at some point simply for simple reasons like to make it accessible to that person's lazy/dumb friends. and then stuff gets confusing.

what is great about it as a modder is that you can push updates anytime and make frequent changes like that. it has also a changelog function that i sometimes use to track my own older updates. and the almost one click install and auto updating through the launcher is awesome too.

anyways. you get it, i'm a fanboy.

all that being said. i love and support armaholic and it's important to have a major and monitored alternative mirror. and armaholic has one major advantage. it monitors stuff before it gets uploaded in a way. on the workshop you need to flag it first so it gets reviewed.

so atleast maybe consider a workshop release as an alternative. i would love it since as a consumer it's very convenient too because of the mentioned ease of use and install.

either way, great stuff!

• Like 5

On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 4:20 PM, wendyvonbraun said:

I've got a Charleville musket I'd be willing to donate if you're interested.

Post some wires, I'd like to look at it. 

1 hour ago, six_ten said:

Post some wires, I'd like to look at it. 

I'll shoot you a message so I dont clutter the thread.

Now we need the RP mode with it. Just imagine, pirates, navys and civs, everyone is doing his business!

• Like 2

A funny question you mention that Igor I've been working on a life mod using the black powder mod so hopefully once done working on it and upcoming updates to the mod I should get this up and running and we can get a roleplay community going on with the mod setting.

• Like 2

I'll update the first post with some features on the latest update but since you mentioned the RP stuff I'll point out that if you drag the Loot module onto your map it'll spawn weapons and stuff at the buildings around the map.  Also under Respawn you can place 18th c tents for respawn points.

6 hours ago, six_ten said:

I'll update the first post with some features on the latest update but since you mentioned the RP stuff I'll point out that if you drag the Loot module onto your map it'll spawn weapons and stuff at the buildings around the map.  Also under Respawn you can place 18th c tents for respawn points.

Cool! Will like to see bigger islands with cities! You can expand this mod, so there will not only be British and American navys, but other era-specific factions too (like pirates as I mentioned)!

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 5:34 PM, Evil Organ said:

A little private version of Sullen Skies for Tangier Island.....

So now the question is how do we go from normal sunny skies to hurricane?  I'd like to have bright and sunny weather, then every once in a great while a devastating storm that drives ships onto reefs, wrecks thatched huts, and then goes back to nice weather for rebuilding.

13 minutes ago, six_ten said:

So now the question is how do we go from normal sunny skies to hurricane?  I'd like to have bright and sunny weather, then every once in a great while a devastating storm that drives ships onto reefs, wrecks thatched huts, and then goes back to nice weather for rebuilding.

I think this is unachievable with the current A3 weather system, it would probably need a scripted solution, maybe something similar to this?

So I'm going to start posting my screenshots and hopefully custom missions here so keep an eye out for them:

Spoiler

gL7ycY3.jpg

• Like 2

Quick update -- upgrading the bess --  anyone have good specs on polycount for weapons (currently at about 3k)

uTynH1d.jpg

• Like 3