80gkO65.jpg

I've been at it for several years and though it is still rough, there are plenty of fun features that I'd like to release now.  Understand that this is even more pre-alpha than Dayz has been for some time and I'll be happy to hear suggestions, bug reports, and get some help making it better.  If you can take screenshots (F12 in steam) of problem areas I'll focus on them

You can sail sloops, gunboats and yawls, bombard your enemies with naval and field artillery, and erect tents and field fortifications that you can take apart and move, and more.  Includes 18th century uniforms, hats, knapsacks, muskets, spontoons, shovels and a spyglass. 

In this first release:

Tangier Island terrain -- a number of islands scattered across a broad expanse of sea somewhere in the Caribbean.  The map is actually based on a real world location built from LIDAR and high-res orthoimages, but I've moved it and altered it to be a fantasy location for pirate dens, shipping and trading posts, and shipwreck adventure.

July 4, Independence Day.

This zip includes only the terrain and some buildings.  As these are the largest files I'll post the next update with other parts of the mod (and try to limit the number of times you'll have to download the terrain).

July 16

This zip contains the updated Tangier island terrain, soldiers, tents, field fortifications, sloops, gunboats, cannons, and more.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aijt3msyuz15qtn/BLACKPOWDER_JULY16.zip?dl=0

Evil Organ was kind to provide a mirror: 

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/skju7u4esbsjsgd/AAD4TCQ1_xW9NdyASseDuhaoa?dl=0

August 19

Quick update -- this only contains ART_Sailing.pbo -- unzip it, and in @ART in your ARMA directory, drop this file in to replace the old one.  Some updates to make sloop fighting more fun.  (you must of course have the rest of the mod already installed to use this)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3uhb5xla0r65tsn/ART_Sailing_pbo_Update_19AUG17.zip?dl=0

Requires ARMA 3 (the map uses vegetation from Tanoa -- can anyone confirm whether those trees are included in the free Malden dlc or if APEX is still required?).

Absolutely no use of any part of these files outside of ARMA 3.  You may explore the terrain on your computer for personal use.  Any other use ask me first.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 4

7 minutes ago, vintorez said:

:hyper::hyper::hyper:

:yeahthat:

• Like 1

Link is in first post - not sure how much bandwidth my dropbox has, so please only download with the understanding that this is early in testing and you can give useful feedback.

• Like 2

I'm curious and not able to unpack the files atm but what exactly makes this have an Apex DLC requirement? If its the island - I believe the Malden update also made the Tanoa/Apex assets such as trees & buildings accessible to even those who don't own the Apex DLC.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

• Like 1

Awesome map!  Congrats on the release.  One of the few maps that truly break the mold of ArmA!  I can't wait to see what else you have plan.

• Like 1

I could add many superlatives......let's just say it's a great f*****g map!

Little feedback...

The fortification (which is a complete work of ART) has a few misplaced palm trees around it, there is also a tree inside a house in East Point....

Spoiler

nwl67sX.jpg

But man.....that fortification!.....simply amazing!  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Evil Organ said:

I could add many superlatives......let's just say it's a great f*****g map!

Little feedback...

The fortification (which is a complete work of ART) has a few misplaced palm trees around it, there is also a tree inside a house in East Point....

But man.....that fortification!.....simply amazing!  

Fixed them (and a lot of others), thanks!

9 hours ago, R0adki11 said:

@haleks, this mod would be fun with Ravage :f:

I think the Overthrow mod would be really cool too if modified so the UN became British regulars, the criminal gangs pirates, and so on.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, El Tyranos said:

Limit is reached - can anyone post screenshots ?

@six_ten, I can through up a mirror if it helps....

3 hours ago, Evil Organ said:

@six_ten, I can through up a mirror if it helps....

Sure, thanks! 

Even though its small, its one of the best maps in ArmA III, that sand texture <3

@six_ten Great work, I don't know your opinion about steam, but there you could never run out of bandwith or limits for downloading ^^

(And it would be better for the user, to keep updated.)

• Like 1

Really glad you released it : )

thank you!

Nice job six just found out about the release and already been on the terrain well done, Looking forward to the upcoming content for the mod but apart from that keep the hard work.

Awesome that you released it! Lots of opportunity :)

Uploading update now.  This one includes soldiers, ships, cannons, etc.  Its all rough but I'd like to see what missions you guys can make from them, hear about what works and what doesn't.  Upload should be ready in about ten minutes, I'll post the link as soon as it is ready.

• Like 8

Its here -- see first post.  Please post screens, feedback, missions, etc.  I'd love to know what you guys are able to do with it.

• Like 5

Thank you :eyeheart: