AKMARK5000

Opaque Transparent and Missing Graphic Issues?

In the past few days, I have noticed that all planes, jets, helicopters have circular semi-transparent spots on them and I have noticed some vehicle doors (on cars/trucks) are missing.  This happens in single player and when I host a server whether or not I have any mods loaded.  This does not happen when I join another server.

And, yes, I unloaded and unsubscribed to all my mods and validated the files via STEAM, but the issue still happens.

Any ideas as to what could cause this?

kY2vN6s.png

Check your difficulty settings. There's an option for it.

34 minutes ago, Greenfist said:

Check your difficulty settings. There's an option for it.

Sure enough, that was what fixed it.  Thank you! ... I didn't know the specific setting... so I just picked out a different "general difficulty" (ie. Normal / Regular).

The opaque circles got fixed, but the missing textures did not.

HpUIzNo.png

It's not missing a texture - the door has been removed by the mission maker.  :icon_biggrin:

15 minutes ago, Greenfist said:

It's not missing a texture - the door has been removed by the mission maker.  :icon_biggrin:

Oh, I didn't know that... on that particular map, I always get (please see screen capture of error).  Every time that particular map loads it is different concerning the door (please see screen capture #2)  So, I'm probably going to make it my first attempt with the editor this weekend.

Screen Capture of Error:

Wvgk8Vn.png

Screen Capture #2: euPxNQc.png

There is a feature in ArmA engine called randomization. It concerns mainly vehicles but also headgears or glasses of soldiers or civilians. It is meant to bring a little bit of variety to the same mission, or to the same class of soldier. It make them less "universal". For this particular vehicle, the FIA offroad, randomization concerns general painting, left and right doors, but also back door, bags hanging on the side of the vehicle, and even a kind of metal structure behind the binnacle. All that is configurable through various methods. It can be defined at config level when doing your own mod, it can be enabled or disabled through the editor, and lastly it can be toggled with some script commands.

Concerning your first "issue" with circular shapes on vehicles, as you saw it's not an issue, it's a feature that you can toggle through the difficulty level of your game. Theses spots are parts of the HUD, they are blank when the vehicle is empty, green when it's an allied vehicle, red for ennemies, purple for civilians, etc etc... The whole user interface is configurable, from theses spots to the up-right corner indication of your weaponry status, including the crosshair, the objective marker that you can see on the right edge of the screen capture #2, and much more.

• Like 1

@CHERITAN:

Thank you for the expanded explanation about both issues... much appreciated.