Sign in to follow this  
tezz

Object Not Appearing When Placed

Good Evening,

I'm creating a static RailGun Artillary cannon. I have all the components set and done in Object Builder and I'm working on getting the config right so that I can start firing some shells.
At the moment I'm using the Test _Tank config to get it in the game the only problem is the physical object doesn't appear in the editor when I try to place it down.

I would post the configs here but it's literally just the same as the sample tank with the model linked to my custom railguin p3d instead.

Thanks for any help

Oddly enough, I have had more success with custom models by using bits from different configs. I was never even able to get an unaltered sample vehicle to work, apart from in buldozer. It might seem kind of extreme, but you might want to go get the Mikero Tools, especially eliteness and anything else it requires to run, and then examine how some other modders did tanks.

Here are some other troubleshooting recommendations:

Model

- make sure you have a LOD 0, geometry LOD, geometry phys LOD, and memory points LOD, at the minimum.

- you should probably make the names of your tank parts the same as their relative parts in the test_tank's other LODs.

Scripts

- combine all the "includes" files into the config file. This gets all the info onto one file, and helps to avoid the error of not updating one of many files.
- Make sure your paths are all correctly lined up in scripts, textures, and materials according to  where the main config will be.

Two things to check:

Config.cpp
scope = 2;

Model.cfg
Class name matches your p3d file name exactly.

Thanks for the advice, I almost forgot about this thread since I managed to get it working.