Sign in to follow this  
FirstPanic

Copy-Paste from on Editor into another Editor / Migrate mission to other maps

Hi all,

I just tried to copy-paste editor content from an editor window (Arma 3 in window mode) to another editor in another Arm 3 window. Doesn't seem to work anymore.

I remember that it was possible to do it Arma 2 and it was a very comfortable method to migrate a mission to another map.

The only workarround I would know, is to create a composition in the source mission and then place it in the target mission... but this is very uncomfortable.

So, is anyone out there with a better idea to migrate a mission to another map/terrain?

Thanks in advance for your answers,

FirstPanic

How does copy+paste work within the same editor? Select everything, copy, open new map, paste?

Yes. I did that recently. Copy by drag or hold ctrl key to pick what you need in the left column. (ctrl C or right click copy) to copy. Then open a new scenario, Just paste (ctrl V) and pay attention to move the selection while the whole is still selected. Don't quit the editor to do that.

Hmmm... Thanks for the answers. But my question is referring to copy-paste between two running Arma 3 instances.

Start Arma -> Open source mission in editor 

Start 2nd Arma instance (You now have two running Arma) -> Open destination mission in editor

In Arma 2 it was possible to copy-paste from one Arma instance into another... which was very comfortable.

But good to know that Arma does not clear the clipboard when opening a new mission. So, I finally will be able to migrate missions :-)

FirstPanic

I'm pretty sure the 3den editor doesn't really store the objects to the actual clipboard. Instead, it stores the data into an in-game variable, which doesn't exist outside the game instance.

That's why you can copy a piece of text from somewhere, copy some objects afterwards, and then still be able to paste the text you copied first.

• Like 1

I'm watching Sneaky Kitty Gaming tutorial and they are able to menu's into a text/.hpp file with control+p to copy & then control+v to paste in the file ... around 5 minutes