hamza.abbasi

How to play Arma II: Operation Arrowhead multiplayer without Arma II

I recently bought Arma II:OA on steam (holy steam sale) and tried the multiplayer but got this error.

/You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.chernarus, caweapons_ammoboxes, CAWater, cawater2_fishing_boat./

I only bought Arma II:OA but this error is driving me crazy, is there a way to get these files without buying Arma II and if not, can I refund arma 2:oa and buy arma ii and copy its files and refund it again and re buy arma ii:oa and paste the files there ?

The files that are coming up as missing are related the the Chernarus map from the base Arma 2 game. The server you want to play on is obviously using the Chernarus map-which requires the base game to play on. OA is an expansion to arma 2 and as such does not conatin the base game's files/content

In order to play on almost any server I would imagine you would need arma 2 itself as well as OA. Your best option would be to buy Arma 2 and run it with OA for all the content. Or refund OA and buy Arma 2. 

1 minute ago, ineptaphid said:

The files that are coming up as missing are related the the Chernarus map from the base Arma 2 game. The server you want to play on is obviously using the Chernarus map-which requires the base game to play on. OA is an expansion to arma 2 and as such does not conatin the base game's files/content

In order to play on almost any server I would imagine you would need arma 2 itself as well as OA. Your best option would be to buy Arma 2 and run it with OA for all the content. Or refund OA and buy Arma 2. 

Though it maybe better to refund OA, and get Arma2 Combined Operations as that is Arma2 and Arma2 OA Combined - https://store.bistudio.com/products/arma2-combined-operations

Very true-a better deal all around. If you have played less than 2 hours you will have no trouble using steam's refund policy.

Now we sound like we are shilling products for BI :D 

Only reason we bring it up, is if you want to play on arma2 servers, the majority of them will be running at the very least Arma2+OA and usually the other dlcs as well-Aside from the new maps,weapons etc that they add, they also give an improvement in texture quality and added gameplay features.