@Tom_48_97 ☠ @pettka

Can we please get a native W10 compatible version finally. Without it TB freezes the PC in most cases for several minutes or more upon launch and during use!

This can easily lead to loss of progress in TB, or other data loss if you have to hard reset the PC, besides being very frustrating and very beginner unfriendly!

See:

The workaround to set the TB.exe to Win 7 compatibility mode is not an acceptable alternative.

Tom you have done good work to improve the tool situation at least somewhat.

Please give TB finally the attention it deserves!

If you are unable, or unwilling to update TB, then please consider to release the source of TB, to the extent possible, or the format description (tv4p, tv4l, tv4s, v4d, v4w, vdat)

to allow the community to write the own replacement tools like its done for almost all other tools already.

Thanks for your attention.

• Like 7

Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Random lock ups of whole PC, if TB isn't used for 3min or sometimes even less. Setting to WinXP (SP3) mode, fixes it! I can go afk for hours and TB still works when I come back. Windows 7 mode, gets random freezes, which sometimes PC will recover from.

*Quick edit* It seems to have got worse, with newer versions of Arma Tools.

Win10 Pro x64

My PC does not randomly lock up like reported above, however TB and Buldozer frequently disconnect from each other resulting in one or the other of the programs crashing and a resulting loss of work.

Running TB in compatibility mode does nothing to improve the situation for me and really should be used as a last resort for legacy software that is no longer being updated, afaik the A3 Tools as a whole are still being updated so aren't quite legacy yet.

Part of the problem I think Terrain-Builder is having with Windows 10 and specifically the Creators Update that has recently rolled out is that it comes with an updated TCP stack supporting some new features and while TB does not utilize these it will not know how to interpret them either which could be part of the issue I am running into regarding the two applications disconnecting from each other.  Prior to this Windows 10 update I could run TB+Buldozer without too much fear of it crashing, although it did, just not nearly as often as it does now.

I'm all for TB getting some love from BI since it really hasn't been touched since it's addition to the Arma 3 Tools suite.  The GDAL libraries it uses for example are version 1.6x which stem from 2009, that's an 8 year old library now and the current version is 2.2.1 which brings with it a raft of bug fixes and feature improvements.

Anyways just adding my 2 cents to this thread, doubt much will happen but you never know.

• Like 1