Ll3Y5K9.jpgascf2Rd.jpg

ABOUT

A UGV for CSAT designed to fit into the Arma 3 time line 

The Type 22 Manta is a homegrown Chinese UGV designed to engage heavy armor. It features an adjustable suspension system allowing it to fire over cover, maintaining a low profile when not in use. 

It is well armored and can resist Kinetic energy penetrators used by most MBTs because of its wedge shaped construction and composite armor. It being composed of lightweight ceramics means it is vulnerable to sustained fire from Autocannons and ATGMS. 

It is armed with an auto-loading Mini-spike AT launcher and .50 cal machine gun. Its ability to quickly fire its missile payload and then retreat makes it an effective ambush vehicle.

Its high gun elevation means it may be effective against aircraft in some minor capacity.

eBs0VrZ.jpgDnlEBPE.jpgn43ByvG.jpg

DOWNLOAD

• Like 17

This is what the vanilla Saif UGV should have always been. Excellent work!

I noticed that you can access the High Raise and Low Raise user actions when you go near it though, regardless of whether you're an enemy or friendly unit. I think that the radius needs to be decreased so that only the Manta's UAV driver can access it...unless this is intended by design?

EDIT: This also means that you can still access both commands when the Manta is destroyed. Seems a bit odd that the suspension would still be functional after becoming a burning wreckage.

Another thing that I just noticed is that the Chinese that you've written on the hull is both grammatically and technically incorrect. If you're going by how the PLA actually designate their stuff it should be in this format: designation number (usually the year that it was introduced though this isn't always the case), mobility system (is it a wheeled/tracked vehicle?), crew type (is it manned/unmanned?), platform.

So the writing on your UGV should actually be "22 型 轮式无人平台" or "Type 22 Wheeled Unmanned Platform":

*name goes here, so in this case Manta*
22 型 - Type 22
轮式 - Wheeled
无人 - Unmanned
平台 - Platform

Edited by drebin052

Might I suggest using the in game raise turret and lower turret for the suspension instead of using actions?

(Don't know what sources they are though)

Excellent work, I love creative designs like this

• Like 2

I absolutely applaud you on this addon.

I always dreamed about more unmanned stuff. So, thank you for a drone, and an A3 Timeline fitting one on top of it!

12 hours ago, drebin052 said:

This is what the vanilla Saif UGV should have always been. Excellent work!

I noticed that you can access the High Raise and Low Raise user actions when you go near it though, regardless of whether you're an enemy or friendly unit. I think that the radius needs to be decreased so that only the Manta's UAV driver can access it...unless this is intended by design?

EDIT: This also means that you can still access both commands when the Manta is destroyed. Seems a bit odd that the suspension would still be functional after becoming a burning wreckage.

Another thing that I just noticed is that the Chinese that you've written on the hull is both grammatically and technically incorrect. If you're going by how the PLA actually designate their stuff it should be in this format: designation number (usually the year that it was introduced though this isn't always the case), mobility system (is it a wheeled/tracked vehicle?), crew type (is it manned/unmanned?), platform.

So the writing on your UGV should actually be "22 型 轮式无人平台" or "Type 22 Wheeled Unmanned Platform":

*name goes here, so in this case Manta*
22 型 - Type 22
轮式 - Wheeled
无人 - Unmanned
平台 - Platform

Next update will address these issues 

This is pretty cool and creative! Definitely gonna try it out when I get the opportunity.

7 minutes ago, LCpl A. Loveless said:

Is it possible to put this on the steam workshop at all?

Clicking download takes you to the Steam Workshop.

• Like 3

Dear Circumsoldier, thank you for your beautiful mod. Could you please inform me if there's another download link instead of Steam ? like Armaholic or Dropbox ? is it possible for you to put it on one of those plateforms ? Thank you !

• Like 1

Just an odd questioin, do you use "isUAV" for ground drones too? Or is there a different one for UGVs?

34 minutes ago, EricJ said:

Or is there a different one for UGVs?

unitIsUAV detects all drone-type units. I don't know of any UGV-specific commands (there are none on the Biki).

Sorry I meant in the config, is it' just "isUAV=1" and so on.