Sign in to follow this  
sama

Is bigger better?

Hey all

Ive just upgraded from 22inch 1080 monitor to 27iinch 1440p.Now for a game like dcs its superb.I can see targets much easier.Now for arma it seems i have lost all my skill in pvp.Im finding it hard to pinpoint why but my aim seems off,small adjustments seem to be not as precise and targets seems to be not as distinct.Its allmost like theres a larger movement on screen with the smallest of mouse movements now.Shouldnt mouse movements be proportional regardless of monitor size? Any thoughts?Also enemys seem to sink into the ground more and look more concealed.Is it that i was so dialled in with the old monitor and its just gonna take time to adjust? Anyone else had trouble adjusting? Seriously considering going back to the 22 inch as stupid as it sounds.

Can't really help you there but I wonder how your FPS are doing? Much lower now with 27inch and 1440p monitor?

It sounds indeed as though the problem may be your mouse. 
Mouse movement is proportional to screen yes however the more pixels the screen the more accuracy the mouse needs, what may have appeared pixel perfect before would now require more DPI (Dots Per Inch).

No doubt you could adjust, but if you really want to see an improvement, get a mouse with high DPI.  Be warned though, that too will take time to adjust to, perhaps moreso. 
To give an example, it took me a few days to get used to my mouse because I was so used to the amount of force needed to move the cursor around,  having to slide the hand to move the cursor vs barely using my fingers to nudge.

• Like 2

Thanks for replys. Its definetly DPI.Im tweaking it and have found i need double or more DPI to achieve the same sort of "feel" as i had.In regards to FPS,i can still pull 40-60.AA can be turned down with the higher resolution so ive saved some there.