Arquilius

Layers.cfg , assign several colors to one texture?

Good morning everyone,

Sorry to disturb you but i did not find any answer in the pmc tuto or in the forum. Is it possible to assign different mask map colors to a single texture?

I'm asking that because with L3DT I used 2 climates (temperate and desert) so i have for exemple desert cliff 1 texture + desert cliff 2 texture + desert cliff 3 texture with really closed RGB colors but still different. I would like to know if it is possible to create my layer file like that :

desertcliff = {{X,Y,Z}}

desertcliff = {{X',Y',Z'}}

desertcliff = {{X'',Y'',Z''}}

If it's possible, do you think Terrain Builder will consider them as 3 different textures (and that i should be careful with the texture limitation)?

Thank you,

Arq

No that isn't possible and if you think about it how would you specify what texture gets applied where....unless you were hoping for a random placement. Either way the answer is no. It won't work. You need to specify a different name for each ground texture 

• Like 1

Ok, thanks for the tip, so i guess my only solution is to limit the diversity of textures in L3DT. 

No you should read up on how they are applied. If used correctly you have have 12+ textures on a terrain 

What do you mean by "how they are applied"? (Sorry i'm a beginner in terrain builder)

I'm mean how they are used when processed by terrain builder. As in 6 colors per cell. There's been quite a few extensive tutorials on it. I think there is one on the pmc wiki. 

Just because it says 6 colors per cell doesn't mean your limited to 6 colors for the whole terrain. That's what I meant 

Oh yeah. the issue with my desert climate in l3dt is i think i can hit the limitation per grid. I would not mind if my beach color did not have a color close to my rock desert color. Because i have the limitation per grid and because of the fact my colors were to closed i thought i needed to limit a bit my desert climate to avoid being hit by the limitation and having a beach texture in my desert. Anyway, thank you for your help and mostly for your time :)

Hello,

Layers.cfg , assign several colors to one texture?

You just have to add another array of RGB values, don't know if that's what you want but the topic title is pretty clear to me:

desertcliff[] = {{X,Y,Z},{X',Y',Z'}};

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hoverguy said:

Hello,

You just have to add another array of RGB values, don't know if that's what you want but the topic title is pretty clear to me:

desertcliff[] = {{X,Y,Z},{X',Y',Z'}};

That is correct however that is not exactly what he is asking. He wants to assign different textures to the same number.