1Bubbles1

Revive Mode - It's time to restore Official Zeus Servers

Revive Mode on Zeusing Debate  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Revive mode needs removing from official servers?

• Yes
    • No

Hello All,

Today I come to you as a dedicated Zeus player, moderator, admin and Zeus from official servers. Most of you may know me as simply Andrew, I am around on Arma on a daily basis. I come to you to ask for your help in restoring the official Zeus servers to there former glory by asking Bohemia Interactive to remove the nonsense respawn option added in the last update.

Before I start, I want to acknowledge the positive side of the revive mode as yes, there are occasionally bonuses from it. It shows that there is a lot of flexibility for Arma and that the options are always there. For the odd mission here and there without respawns if all the settings are set to cruel times, it can partly work to generate a good mission. It has many options and provides players with an alternative to the main death system. Despite this however, I believe all the cons far out way the pros.

Arma 3 is advertised as a military simulator, the most realistic one in the world in fact, yet last update with Malden they added the option for revive. Reviving does not exist in military combat. There is no first aid or medic kit that can deal with a fatal or even light bullet would enough for a soldier to continue in battle without issue. Never has a person taken a sniper bullet through the brain and been able to stand up and carry on fighting after first aid. So why do we have to endure this on Arma?

I appreciate that Bohemia are trying to show off the possibilities of Arma and that server hosting is an option, but the official servers are meant to represent Arma and do we really want Arma represented in this manner to new players? Those of us who are unable to host a server due to costings or other technical restrictions have to use official servers, and as the main player base if we can come together I believe we can fix this problem.

The other option told to us is that the admin can remove the option in parameters, or the Zeus can request the admin turn it off. This will just encourage people to vote out Zeus's and admins just to disable revive mode and in fact it is happening right now. A number of communities will join servers with the ultimatum of remove revive mode or lose admin/Zeus. We don't want to generate a toxic player base for a game that has such a positive and supportive community.

Overall, we the community, have a job to make sure the Dev's know when they have made a mistake or that they have done things we don't like so they can understand the fans views even if nothing changes. Lets join up and see if we can help the Dev's realise how much better Zeus is without revive mode. Thank you for reading.

Andrew/Bubbles

• Like 2

dont belive this guy revive is totaly legit like you can bandage a guy got blowen up by a rpg and he will be fine...
its sarcasm

• Like 3

Revive mode is a good idea, but in it current stage I would recommend that it should be remove.

• Like 3

This revive system has nothing to do with real life. Arma is about realism right ? this is nonesense.

• Like 2

The ability to be revived after being hit by a 230mm rocket is absolutely ludicrous. 

The fact that a player can be revived after taking a 50 calibre bullet to the chest is ludicrous.

If a player is crushed by a tank, why should they be revived? Tens of tonnes of tanks would obliterate a person. Why should some bloke with an FAK be able to pick him up?

Remove revive.

• Like 2

Lol, so revive mode on public servers it's an option. So look into how it works exactly cause it's extremely simple to make it disabled like bleed out time low and revive time high. Remember it's just a game and that it's a SIMULATOR not real life get used to it or go to private servers where it's way better. Andrew let it go  I'll give you an invite to a non revive server if it helps cause crying solves nothing. Love you and good luck

When revive mode was first introduced i was hyped about it. Finally the medics had a propper role. I dont hate the idea of revive mode, i just dont like how it got executed. If not removed, i atleast want to get a few things changed. Lets say you get shot in the head, why can you be revived? i think they should remove really obvious death scenarios when it comes to if you can be revived or not. In reality if you got shot in the head you would not be able to be revived, although if you pass out or "die" from bleeding or a shot to the leg i think the revive option should be there yet it would have side effects for minutes after the revive happend. Like more weapon swing, slower running, less stamina. Those kinda things, it would give medics more meaning aswell as it would make it more realistic. 

21 hours ago, ebires87 said:

Lol, so revive mode on public servers it's an option. So look into how it works exactly cause it's extremely simple to make it disabled like bleed out time low and revive time high. Remember it's just a game and that it's a SIMULATOR not real life get used to it or go to private servers where it's way better. Andrew let it go  I'll give you an invite to a non revive server if it helps cause crying solves nothing. Love you and good luck

This isn't a cry post, this is a well thought opinion backed by a lot of people which we wish to make the developers aware of. Please be mature and post actual constructive arguments or post nothing at all on this thread.

As for it being an option, I realise this but if you had read what I put before jumping to conclusions, if the admin or zeus are happy with it on everyone else has no choice.

With your invite to the game, I strongly decline.

Andrew.

What really makes me laugh is that all the posts here backing up the OP, have 1 or 2 posts .. where could they have come from I wonder ?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, kremator said:

What really makes me laugh is that all the posts here backing up the OP, have 1 or 2 posts .. where could they have come from I wonder ?

You can IP check me if you would like, most have come from my community which have all felt the need to finally make a forum account just because of how bad this revive system is. Until this point the game was amazing but there comes a time where eventually you have to make a point and now is that time. I do not believe advertising communities would be permitted on the forums but if there is a section where it is I will quite happily link you and introduce you to everyone.

Edited by 1Bubbles1
Added additional information about the community to validate claims.

Yeah... I suspected you were all from a small group due to the small number of posts and so rapid posting.  Unfortunately this will be seen through, as I did. 

I recommend that you hire a server, make a zeus mission that you (and your community play) then play it.  Arma is a great game and is so tweakable to anyone's liking.

• Like 1

On 29/06/2017 at 2:15 PM, 1Bubbles1 said:

. Most of you may know me as simply Andrew,

You sound very important. We should do exactly as you say immediately.

• Like 3

This post seems a bit sketchy but I don't see why revive would be removed from official servers. I personally prefer the way it's done in ArmA2(OA?) though. The system isn't perfect, it's not even that good, but it's wayyyy better than not having it at all. If you're looking for a hardcore experience look elsewhere because ArmA3 is simply a shooter on its own. 

You guys know that revive has an advanced mode that instantly kills players if they're hit in vital spots (ie: the head) if they're hit by a big enough weapon right?

• Like 2

On 02/07/2017 at 11:03 AM, kremator said:

Yeah... I suspected you were all from a small group due to the small number of posts and so rapid posting.  Unfortunately this will be seen through, as I did. 

I recommend that you hire a server, make a zeus mission that you (and your community play) then play it.  Arma is a great game and is so tweakable to anyone's liking.

No one should be required to pay extra money and hire a server, or use their own machine to make a server just to enjoy what is advertised on the game page on the store.

On 02/07/2017 at 11:11 AM, Tankbuster said:

You sound very important. We should do exactly as you say immediately.

No i'm not important, just letting those who do know me know it's me.

1 hour ago, Imperator[TFD] said:

You guys know that revive has an advanced mode that instantly kills players if they're hit in vital spots (ie: the head) if they're hit by a big enough weapon right?

If this actually worked then there would be alot less issues with the system.

I Would also like to stress this post is not to remove the revive system completely, just remove it from the zeus servers that are being ruined by it.

You do realise that these official servers are given to the community for free?  As such the missions are therefore setup in a standard fashion.

From reading your main post again ...

On ‎29‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 2:15 PM, 1Bubbles1 said:

Today I come to you as a dedicated Zeus player, moderator, admin and Zeus from official servers.

Wow ... have BIS hired you as a moderator or admin of these official zeus servers?  Or is it as you describe, that your 'community' take over these servers so that YOU get to play them how YOU want?  That does seem toxic to me.

I'm sure that you are lovely in RL, but on here I'm not getting that feeling.

Andrew we (Pub EU and US Servers) are getting a lot of complaints about you I have never heard this many complaints of you being an admin. Please stop the admin trolling on public servers. Kicking b/c someone wants to try something new or just because they are doing what you say exactly isn't a reason for making people not enjoy the game. i want you to be patient it's alot of the new players on the pub servers and you are making games unplayable. I'm just a little zues/clan player and I know to have patience and help the new players, but with all the cancer you're putting on them it is only making it worse.