Im loving Argo and always loved Arma games but Arma 3 has the hiest input lag out of all the main first person shooters on the market and it has leaked over to argo being the same engine are you looking at fixing this?

Its game breaking looking from a competitive stand point

But completely wrong...

The input lag he is experiencing in his video is not normal... Not even for Arma!

He most likely has VSync on - which is likely causing the Problem.

So turn VSync off.

Yes, it is the engines fault to get a bad input lag when vsync is on, but it can be fixed. In general I never play games with VSync on. I just have a normal 60hz monitor but still getting more than 60FPS is generally better in most FPS games. I rather have some screen tearing than capped FPS.

• Like 2

in task manager select your mouse firmware --property---combatibility-- run as win7

that was the solution for my logitech g502 the input lag was improved 90%

I feel like this "vsysnc":exclamation: should be a more visible or presented topic, i don't have the tools or true know how to perform these tests for input lag but I happened to watch the same video above and one thing kindof had me thinking; Ive never felt like i had true control over any firefight in ARMA 3  Arma 2  dayZ and now argo. Something is definitely different about this developer than others when it come to the feeling of control. Especially once a multiplayer game mode is launched. The FPS drops on all but best servers and the fights whether i win or lose just feel like luck or like a muttle through? Win or lose in csgo or insurgency i feel like i didnt cut it, arma I just feel like well ok he wasn't facing me I got him or why did he take so may rounds without having armor.

On 7/4/2017 at 10:00 AM, Sgt. Stiglitz said:

But completely wrong...

The input lag he is experiencing in his video is not normal... Not even for Arma!

He most likely has VSync on - which is likely causing the Problem.

So turn VSync off.

Yes, it is the engines fault to get a bad input lag when vsync is on, but it can be fixed. In general I never play games with VSync on. I just have a normal 60hz monitor but still getting more than 60FPS is generally better in most FPS games. I rather have some screen tearing than capped FPS.

If you follow the reddit post that the poster of the video had supported the following comment here. https://www.reddit.com/r/arma/comments/6l99iq/the_real_issue_with_arma_3_enginewide_input_lag/#bottom-comments

Vsync mouse excel were both off. He also lists multiple PC's tested with their specs. I dont think the answer is just that simple..

11 hours ago, mechanical said:

If you follow the reddit post that the poster of the video had supported the following comment here. https://www.reddit.com/r/arma/comments/6l99iq/the_real_issue_with_arma_3_enginewide_input_lag/#bottom-comments

Vsync mouse excel were both off. He also lists multiple PC's tested with their specs. I dont think the answer is just that simple..

Sure, it may be not that simple. But: Take a look at the video between Minute 1:06 - 1:50. Look at the upper right corner. His FPS NEVER go over 60. This is a 100% indication that he has VSYNC ON!

He MAY has turned it off for his later tests. It is hard to tell, as he is never filming the upper border of the screen during those tests. But the fact that VSYNC is ON during his game play makes it more likely it was on during the test itself.

But for good measure. I will make my own Video with a similar setup.

Also I am not defending Argo/Arma here. The engine has performance issues! But in Argo with 10players max and no vehicles it is not really an issue in my experience.

But in the case of his video something must be wrong with his setup. May it be graphic settings, VSync, or his computer. I don't know. But what I know is that there is not such big input lag "in general".

• Like 1