SenorTactician

Fix High Command?

Do you want High Command fixed?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Yes/No/I don't care

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't care

There has been an element of Arma 3 that I have always admired and sought to master, but have been blocked by the interminable problems that have plagued it. High Command, a unique feature that brings out the best of Arma's combined-arms large scale warfare setting is almost unusable, be it through it's finicky interface or the inability for the AI to use the features that are said to be there. Heck, you can't even have the AI dismount from the vehicles they were just transported in, and there isn't even a showcase or tutorial, as there was in Arma 2 and it's OA. 

One could dismiss this as a feature not in demand by the community, but you'd be wrong. At the time of writing, Dynamic Combat Ops, a mission which puts you in command of a platoon and uses the many facets of high command to allow the player to coordinate said platoon, is one of the most popular scenarios on the steam workshop with close to 30,000 downloads at present. Introducing a patch that would simply fix some of the flaws of High Command, like it's general inoperability, would be welcomed by many, and perhaps introduce a new shift in the way arma could be played in some communities.

Not having this feature functioning as it should flies in the face of arma's purported ability to replicate large scale warfare (even in singleplayer), and has already been remedied by some modders, can the devs not do the same?

• Like 1