Since the last update I got this problem of planes randomly falling through the ship.

Whenever you get into a plane (only tested on the wasp) turn the engine on and off again about a few secs later the back falls a little bit.

This seems to cause the entire plane to clip into the ship...

This bug is not "only" limited to the catapults but planes also seem to get this randomly at other locations.

How I found out about this is that I closed the cockpits with a script but getting out a plane causes the same thing.

Disabling the simulation seems to be a workaround for the moment.

SS: https://pasteboard.co/2gUHrFeLs.jpg

Live on mission:

Empty Mission:

(HowTo ^)

Game version: 1.72.142164

Also been tested on dev branch 1.73.142227

So your using a script to modify gameplay and it's causing the bug is that what your saying? A bit confusing

@theo1143  Post up your script that causes the plane to clip into the carrier please.

25 minutes ago, das attorney said:

@theo1143  Post up your script that causes the plane to clip into the carrier please.

There is no script causing any problem, why else do you think the title of the video says: EMPTY MISSION?

Don't just jump the ball because someone talks trash...

Launch your game do exactly as I did in the video and see for yourself!

The script which is used in my normal mission closes the cockpits of the planes on a way that the game would think an AI exited the plane.

But that causes exactly the same problem as shown above...

I'm only explaining how I found out about the bug since not everyone is gonna put the engine on and off again.

But this is gonna cause a lot of problems in multiplayer servers and whatnot.

33 minutes ago, warlord554 said:

So your using a script to modify gameplay and it's causing the bug is that what your saying? A bit confusing

Launch your game and see yourself, 

3 hours ago, Theo1143 said:

"How I found out about this" is that I closed the cockpits with a script but getting out a plane causes the same thing.

isn't that confusing...

3 minutes ago, Theo1143 said:

There is no script causing any problem, why else do you think the title of the video says: EMPTY MISSION?

Don't just jump the ball because someone talks trash...

Launch your game do exactly as I did in the video and see for yourself!

Launch your game and see yourself, 

isn't that confusing...

Forget it then.

4 minutes ago, das attorney said:

Forget it then.

It is just very anoying when you clearly show everything and people jump the ball because 1 guy starts to talk trash, ofcourse i'm talking about claws01.

Then warlords misreads something and out of the sudden this is gonna be a script thing instead of people just looking to what I actually said and showed in the vids.

And this is why I said what I said... (don't come with the it is a script when the mission is EMPTY or are you using mods? before having tested it yourself because, yes this is a bug)

On 2017-6-26 at 2:52 PM, joostsidy said:

I can confirm the carrier ship is broken. Just placing a Wasp in front of the catapult and see it sink slowly, partially into the carrier..

So if it's a game bug and not a script problem, then you should have posted on the "bug tracker" and not "mission editing and scripting"...

Just now, das attorney said:

So if it's a game bug and not a script problem, then you should have posted on the "bug tracker" and not "mission editing and scripting"...

No idea how, I opened it up under the arma 3 / troubleshooting.

2 minutes ago, FallujahMedic -FM- said:

@Theo1143 Have you submitted a ticket on the Feedback Tracker? 
https://feedback.bistudio.com 

No buddy not gonna make a account on there, last time did it though here tho.

Just waiting for a mod to see this so he can move this

It got fixed last time ;)

Ok I already posted everything about that bug on the feedback tracker since 22 at 0136 but still nothing..## base on multiple test I can say the problem can be based on the weight of the aircraft, the weight as been increase in the new update ##

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Theo1143 said:

-snip-

Thread moved to a more correct area of the forum, as this appears to be a bug rather than mission editing issue. 

Just now, R0adki11 said:

Thread moved to a more correct area of the forum, as this appears to be a bug rather than mission editing issue. 

thanks

OK So I know this is not fixing the issue but I had the same problem enter you enter or exit a plane, or it respawns or other interactions with the planes.. 

I found...

Turning off all simulation on the carrier.

Placing an invisible Helipad below the plane also worked... 

I placed the plane on the deck in the location I want it.. open the attrib dialog get the z value, then place the INV. Helipad, align with plane and open attrib dialog past the z value in.. 

Save mission

and tested On my local system as single player and M-player  also test my my dedi server and so far have not had any issues.. but I guess its early days..

OK so on further testing this did not work for me I was just lucky on the 3 days of testing I had not issues but today I seems to be getting nothing but issues with the carrier and sinking issue

• Like 1

On 28-6-2017 at 6:41 AM, Targ35 said:

OK So I know this is not fixing the issue but I had the same problem enter you enter or exit a plane, or it respawns or other interactions with the planes.. 

I found...

Turning off all simulation on the carrier.

Placing an invisible Helipad below the plane also worked... 

I placed the plane on the deck in the location I want it.. open the attrib dialog get the z value, then place the INV. Helipad, align with plane and open attrib dialog past the z value in.. 

Save mission

and tested On my local system as single player and M-player  also test my my dedi server and so far have not had any issues.. but I guess its early days..

OK so on further testing this did not work for me I was just lucky on the 3 days of testing I had not issues but today I seems to be getting nothing but issues with the carrier and sinking issue

Spawn planes with cockpits closed down: http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=39033

deck1 action ["GetOut", CASJET1];

That is what I used firstly, and how I found out about the bug to begin with since randomly planes would start falling through the ship.

How I've fixed that at me mission is with a little script like this:

[] spawn { 
CASJET1 enableSimulation true;
deck1 action ["GetOut", CASJET1];  
sleep 4.5; 
CASJET1 enableSimulation false; 
};

Just make sure you don't run it more then once because otherwise you will get the same problem again.

But what this does is put the simulation on > closes cockpit > puts simulation off.

Turning the simulation off on the ship itself has less to no effect, they will still fall in the ship(tested just now).

Turning off the simulation on the planes and enabling them by an addaction or whenever a player enters it is the only solution at the moment.

Wasp seems to be the only plane who has this, while the weight could be the cause I don't think it is.

Since every time you turn the engine off and also while exiting the plane the plane falls 2 times through its suspensions one while turning off the engine and once while exiting it.

This seems to cause the clipping in the ship, and the ship atm has less to do with it, the plane is the cause...

Unfortunately, this is USS Freedom Is one big bug.  

Planes, fall under carriers or  explodes without any reason on the runway. AI (pilots) is not able to fly up from the aircraft carriers runway (even in the helicopters!), AI is unable to see the boundary of the deck surface and falls down to the sea and then appear again on the deck, the AI and character of the player gets stuck in the stern and twitches in convulsions.

Yes, BIS, you tried :don11:

• Haha 1

Can you confirm that this is still occuring with the black wasp on the latest dev patch? 
I'm tesing it right now and while it is exhibiting a hydraulic bounce upon getting in, I'm not seeing the landing gear fall through the surface after the most recent.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, nodunit said:

Can you confirm that this is still occuring with the black wasp on the latest dev patch? 
I'm tesing it right now and while it is exhibiting a hydraulic bounce upon getting in, I'm not seeing the landing gear fall through the surface after the most recent.

No worries i'm on it

It seems to be fixed in Dev branch : 1.73.142244

Have tried everything on the ramps and couldn't let them clip inside the ship anymore.

However I've spammed the script on purpose and only 1 plane caused to get stuck, and at 1 sudden position: shown in screenshot 2(marked with red).

deck1 action ["GetOut", CASJET1];deck1 action ["GetOut", CASJET2];deck1 action ["GetOut", CASJET3];deck1 action ["GetOut", CASJET5];deck1 action ["GetOut", CASJET6];deck1 action ["GetOut", CASJET7];deck1 action ["GetOut", CASJET8];deck1 action ["GetOut", CASJET9];deck1 action ["GetOut", CASJET10];deck1 action ["GetOut", CASJET11];deck1 action ["GetOut", CASJET12];deck1 action ["GetOut", CASJET13];deck1 action ["GetOut", CASJET14];

It didn't happen every-time, but at 1/3 games it did.

1) https://pasteboard.co/3QMzAyyi5.jpg

2) https://pasteboard.co/3QNzU4P53.jpg

Also only the left side on the plane felt as you can see, this happened every time exactly like this if it happened. (yes all planes are snapped ontop of the deck, even checked that, lifting it higher won't change either...)

Nice work, thanks :don16:

• Like 1