Sign in to follow this  
dlegion

disable "back to map" and "spectate" buttons

hello guys,
i got a problem with spectator camera. i just need to have the simple spectator camera after death (and ONLY when dead).
seems to work only with certain respawn modes, and i need the "Custom respawn - select respawn location" system, with that sadly it does not work (in fact it open the spectator camera, but not let it move, so you are forced to just look the ground where you died, tragic) !

...anyway... i menaged to make it work using :
["Initialize", [player, [], true]] call BIS_fnc_EGSpectator;      (onPlayerKilled.sqf)
["Terminate"] call BIS_fnc_EGSpectator;                             (onPlayerRespaen.sqf)

...but...i still have a big problem....the evil "spectate" and "back to map" buttons. i tried, but i cannot disable spectate in mission attributes>multiplayer or even the scripted camera will not work.
...and if someone clicks on them, they lose spectator camera until they respawn.
i really need an hand on this....cannot figure what to do for a soo simple thing like get spectar camera working for the dead!

e5BcF9l.jpg

thanks for any help !

• Like 1

I got an idea to try solve the problem in a different way :

If there is a code-efficient way to detect if EGSpectator is closed and player is dead, every 5 seconds or so....reopen EGSpectator! 

(It must have a delay to allow select wnd click on respawn button )

Side question....any way to force respawn of player as soon as a respawn is avaible ? Thx !

(I mean a sort of auto-click so even of a player is distract his character will respawn and not lose respawn wave )

Thanks !

Another idea can be this :

At  any press of wasd keys, detect if player is dead, if yes open the EGSpectator.

Not sure if its performance efficient...

really no idea how remove that button or make spectator camera work ?

anyone knows an external script for spectator ?
really need this working for that mission....people get bored if they can't  respawn and can't spectate!

Very, very late to the party, sorry 'bout that.  I noticed that CBA at least has a funciton to detect which camera is active and it can also detect the EGSpectator Camera.

CBA_fnc_getActiveFeatureCamera
https://cbateam.github.io/CBA_A3/docs/files/common/fnc_getActiveFeatureCamera-sqf.html