lv1234

Missions folder not in documents/arma 3 folder?

So i'm trying to download this custom scenario: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=464752183

and i am trying to find the mission folders to put in those two required sqf files in...But its not located in the documents/arma 3 folder at all?

If i uninstall the game, it should be fixed right? Also will that uninstall all mods and delete them?

Did you look here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\downloads

Uninstalling the game will not uninstall mods. 

Did you check in the Arma3 root folder? Programsx86>Steam>SteamApps>Common>Arma3

2 minutes ago, zulu1 said:

Did you look here:

Oh i should have read the first post properly..

OP-if the mission is downloaded from the workshop, it will be in this folder:  C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\181728767\ugc\referenced

Will take a while to find though..as all the folders in that are numbered instead of named..Run a search using a key word from the title of the mission-that will find it.

13 minutes ago, ineptaphid said:

Oh i should have read the first post properly..

OP-if the mission is downloaded from the workshop, it will be in this folder:  C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\181728767\ugc\referenced

Will take a while to find though..as all the folders in that are numbered instead of named..Run a search using a key word from the title of the mission-that will find it.

i found the missions +mpmissions folder in the arma 3 root directory but didn't find any missions in there only a readme text..I already have subscribed to many single player scenarios already

15 minutes ago, zulu1 said:

Did you look here:

nope no missions folder there 

1 hour ago, Savage_Donkey said:

What about Documents\Arma 3\Saved\Steam

For me it contains the pbo and all the mission save files.

That contains the saved files you done on custom/single player missions previously but for my scenario, i need to find the missions folder and put in those two scripts into it before i start playing the scenario

Yes, but does it not have the mission pbo?  Then all you would need to to is extract the pbo to your Documents\Arma 3\missions (or anywhere if you're not planning on editing it with the eden editor), and copy the scripts into that folder and make adjustments, then re-pbo the file and drop it into your Arma 3\Missions or Arma 3\MPMissions where it'll show up under scenarios.

2 hours ago, Savage_Donkey said:

Yes, but does it not have the mission pbo?  Then all you would need to to is extract the pbo to your Documents\Arma 3\missions (or anywhere if you're not planning on editing it with the eden editor), and copy the scripts into that folder and make adjustments, then re-pbo the file and drop it into your Arma 3\Missions or Arma 3\MPMissions where it'll show up under scenarios.

it contains my saved single player missions with one pbo file, also how do we re-pbo a file? also it does not allow me an option to extract the pbo file

1 hour ago, Savage_Donkey said:

You can grab pbo manager here.  It'll allow you to extract the pbo and also pack it back into a pbo.

okay i just added the two script files to that pbo and it should be ok now right?

You'll need some way to run the scripts; simply copying them to the folder won't work.  Depending on what you need there are a few different ways to accomplish this, but all can be found on the wiki.

2 minutes ago, Savage_Donkey said:

You'll need some way to run the scripts; simply copying them to the folder won't work.  Depending on what you need there are a few different ways to accomplish this, but all can be found on the wiki.

Hmm the map maker/scenario maker, just stated to copy those scripts to the missions folder << wherever that is and i think at this point, we are going through more work than we have to for this mod

I do appreciate the help though