axj2466

Why do small fences completely destroy vehicles?

Was playing yesterday, driving through a field in an offroad going a decent speed. One of those ridiculously tiny metal fences popped up out of nowhere (they are extremely difficult to see in my opinion) and completely totalled my car's engine and front tires. Then after getting out, the vehicle exploded. Why? This has been happening since alpha, is it ever going to be changed?

Well... metal fences are awfully strong. It's not good, but I kinda like it. More of a feature than a bug to me at this point.

• Like 5

There is a reason why roads exist. its pretty o.k. that you run at dangr to destroy a car with high offroad speeds. In fact I deflated two tires once just by driving over the curbstone at 50km/h.

Depsite beeing bulky, cars are not really strong and a well build wire fence is indeed some serious business...oh as well as big bushes.

When you cant react in time to objetcs in front of you youre probaby going to fast. RL ive never dared to go faster then 50 over gravel roads with potholes....well, 120 seems the norm in ArmA III.

• Like 7

I hit a star picket which was part of a chicken wire fence when bush bashing years ago and it pretty heavily damage the car.  This was at low speeds too.

Video games make it hard to convey speed and distance so while you might not feel like youre going fast if you see your speed youre going like 120 plus off road which would be near insane to do in real life.

• Like 4

Pretty much what everybody else said. Go ahead and try running over a small metal fence in real life and see what happens

• Like 3

I just played a 90 minute mission where I spent half of the time hunting for a good area where elevation and heading allowed me to shoot a hidden AA tank in a fenced garden in a town. I got impatient after a while and just raced

with the Hunter through the fields hearing *pop*pop* each time as I slammed through one of those fences on the hills. But it did nothing to stop the vehicle.I seriously wondered about the unrealistic aspect of this as at the least the fence parts should get tangled up in the wheels and axles.

So there you go: drive an MRAP, they are 100% chicken wire resistant vehicles. ;-)

• Like 4

I am pretty sure Arma is not a mil sim, it just is marketed that way.

I find it awkward reading about Bioware who label their upcoming game as "science fantasy". A bunch of marketing bs.

On 27-6-2017 at 6:33 AM, suds420 said:

Pretty much what everybody else said. Go ahead and try running over a small metal fence in real life and see what happens

If we have to go that realistic, fix the quad bikes tho? since they don't have this bullsh/t

what else do you think they are made for...

28 minutes ago, Housesparrow said:

I am pretty sure Arma is not a mil sim, it just is marketed that way.

I find it awkward reading about Bioware who label their upcoming game as "science fantasy". A bunch of marketing bs.

Arma is a tactical shooter, always been sold that way > steam store page http://store.steampowered.com/app/107410/Arma_3

review: A significant step forward for the king of military simulation... Arma 3 is an unparalleled war story generator.” "Military Simulation"

That is a review, not a statement from Bohemia...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Theo1143 said:

If we have to go that realistic, fix the quad bikes tho? since they don't have this bullsh/t

what else do you think they are made for...

So your saying quad bikes are designed for going through fences?

16 minutes ago, R0adki11 said:

So your saying quad bikes are designed for going through fences?

No but they can, since they are designed for off-road

(I'm not talking about the quad bikes made for the roads, i'm talking about the real quad bikes. Yes they can)

We talking here about fences the way they act in arma, they fall over directly so the only risk you have is a flat tire.

A flat tire doesn't happen that fast with how big(thick) the quad tires are.

34 minutes ago, Theo1143 said:

Arma is a tactical shooter, always been sold that way

"Experience true combat gameplay in a massive military sandbox"

Never seen Arma referred to as a tactical shooter.

6 hours ago, omL said:

"Experience true combat gameplay in a massive military sandbox"

Never seen Arma referred to as a tactical shooter.

When I made me review I copied it directly off their shop page, 12 sep 2016 "Arma 3 is a tactical military shooter" but yes we all know they change their minds now and then...

Which was even funnily stated on the same quote as where you got it from.

I don't got a time machine to show you the steam page, but this is still around.

ArmA II "the ultimate military simulation" that's what you could read on the box in 2009.

ArmA II was the last Simulation from BIS.

ArmA II is "authentic" not realistic.

That still does not mean you can drive through anything in cars and quads

• Like 1