david-grylls

[MP15] nEXaus's Malden Sandbox

nEXaus's Malden Sandbox

585B33375ADD0034AB371B7FB60378A45B4241EC

Overview

nEXaus's Malden Sandbox is a simple yet fun way to explore Bohemia Interactive's newest map; Malden 2035. Explore the map how you want, when you want. This Sandbox edition of Malden by nEXaus features several enemy outposts and a major stronghold. 

About Malden 2035

The map Malden, originally featured in the original ArmA series is set in the Mediterranean region. The map includes two airports, one on mainland and one north of the island, several major towns and a military base off the eastern coast of the island.

Please note that comments & questions left on this thread may not be responded to frequently. If you are seeking a quick response, please comment via the Steam Workshop page. I do not frequently check, nor update this thread. 

Features:

• Virtual Arsenal
  • Virtual Vehicle Spawner
  •  VAS Script
  • AI Recruitment
  • ArmA 3 Revive System
  • Fully functioning Strategic Map
  • Admin Controls (ie Zeus & Teleportation)
  • Enemy AO's
  • Shooting Range
  • HELO Jump
  • USS Freedom (ArmA 3 DLC Aircraft Carrier added in Jets DLC)

To Do:

• Teleportation for all players on the server (Currently only available to server host / Zeus)
  • Additional enemy outposts and the addition of a second, easier enemy stronghold
  • Teleportation to USS Freedom
  • Greater variety of settings & options. 
  • Multiplayer optimization

Download from the Steam Workshop here.

Download from Armaholic here. (Please note that re-uploads of this mission is a violation of Steam T&C and Steam Online Conduct Rules. Re-uploads will be reported)

I hope you enjoy this Sandbox mission. I'm a fairly amateur ArmA 3 Mission Developer so please excuse errors and issues with the map and feel free to leave feedback here or on the Steam Workshop page!

Thanks!

- nEXaus / DavidmyGrylls

Hi, can you please provide a mirror? Preferably Armaholic.

I subscribed to the Steam Workshop mission and I would like to host this on my server to play it. Could you make the mission file available so I don't need to host games from my PC? Armaholic would be great.

On 6/30/2017 at 0:01 AM, Janez said:

Hi, can you please provide a mirror? Preferably Armaholic.

17 hours ago, Snakeyes1 said:

I subscribed to the Steam Workshop mission and I would like to host this on my server to play it. Could you make the mission file available so I don't need to host games from my PC? Armaholic would be great.

A mirror of the mission is now available from Armaholic here.

• Like 1

I liked this mission but a few things would have made it better.  The most important being that there were no tasks as such, I knew we had to goto the question marks on the map and clear etc, but it would have been nice to have pop ups or something once a mission was completed.  Spent quite a few times searching for enemies that didnt exist as we had killed them all.  Sure I could have checked zeus but then it would have spoilt it for me as there positions would have been revealed.  Would have been cool if something had come up stating mission was completed.  Also there is no parachute when when you para drop, you just go splat after falling from over 2000ft(which is way to high btw in my humble opinion).

But we did enjoy it, the difficulty level was just right.

20 hours ago, Normal Norm said:

I liked this mission but a few things would have made it better.  The most important being that there were no tasks as such, I knew we had to goto the question marks on the map and clear etc, but it would have been nice to have pop ups or something once a mission was completed.  Spent quite a few times searching for enemies that didnt exist as we had killed them all.  Sure I could have checked zeus but then it would have spoilt it for me as there positions would have been revealed.  Would have been cool if something had come up stating mission was completed.  Also there is no parachute when when you para drop, you just go splat after falling from over 2000ft(which is way to high btw in my humble opinion).

But we did enjoy it, the difficulty level was just right.

Hi Normal Norm! Thanks for the feedback! You've actually highlighted a key point that I'm going to resolve next update! This is high on my priority list and will be implemented either within the next few days (with more additional outposts and bases to assault) or added in an upcoming overhaul of the map which will improve GUI's, HUD's, AI Difficulty and various other things.

I was aware of the parachute issue (hence the arsenal beside the helicopter). I'm in the middle of fixing this as I'm trying to resolve a way for players to use a HELO Insertion and have the parachute equipped but also somehow allow for a backpack to be equipped simultaneously. Also, I'll drop the insertion height to 1000m and additionally allow for vehicular HELO Insertions with smaller, lighter armoured combat vehicles such as Hunters and Prowlers. 

Thanks you for your feedback! It is very much valued and taken into consideration when developing/improving/updating maps!

- nEXaus (DavidmyGrylls)

• Like 1