basstard

Custom Combat Patrol

@grollig

Your issue comes from the BIS_CP_enemyTroops variable, I bet it's set to nil, isn't it ?

When you set BIS_CP_enemyGrp_rifleSquad with an array you should always do the same for BIS_CP_enemyTroops. Simply edit your init.sqf with the following  code:

BIS_CP_enemyTroops = BIS_CP_enemyGrp_rifleSquad;

or

BIS_CP_enemyTroops = +BIS_CP_enemyGrp_rifleSquad;

Thank you for pointing out the repeatability of the patrols, I will take a look.

@basstard:

You were right.

BIS_CP_enemyTroops was set to nil. Changed it to

BIS_CP_enemyTroops = BIS_CP_enemyGrp_rifleSquad;

and everything works fine now. Thanks for pointing me there.

• Like 1

Hey guys,

The mod has been updated, nothing fancy, mostly bug fixes and improvements.

This update features the addition of a sandstorm effect which can be enabled/disabled through the mission parameters. It is based on the BIS_fnc_sandstorm function that I have reworked.

Also people who have updated their description.ext to benefit from the latest "insertion radius multiplier" parameter must update their description.ext accordingly to the description.ext file provided in the add-on "samples" folder. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• Like 1

@basstard Thank you for this mod, I have had a blast with it and combined with vcom it makes for some really fun sessions!

Now I am looking to make a slightly more advanced mission with it and have a few suggestions of features you might want to consider for the future, and some questions.

To add some more randomization it would be nice if we could add an array with several custom configs for rifleman group, fireteam, sentry, tanks and so on, and pick one of those at random when spawning. That way we could for example be engaged by 2 fireteams with different setups at the same time.

If possible it would be neat with an additional option for "insertion radius multiplier" so we can choose not to be teleported to the AO at all, this would enable us to have a base where we can gear up and then use whatever transport we want to get in position.
EDIT: I just noticed that the radius is used for other things as well in the script, so I guess it would make sense to have this as a extra variable in the init instead of being a parameter option.

Is there a way to not trigger the module directly at mission start? I would like to hook it up to a custom trigger instead. (syncing did not work at least)

Lastly, a setting for not ending the mission once the task is completed/failed, and instead fade to black and return to the base (starting pos). That would go nicely together with the 2 suggestions above to add a "campaign" feel to the mission.

Thank you again for the work you already put in, the ability to change factions and your custom made missions already improves this game mode immensely! 

Edited by taxen0
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, taxen0 said:

@basstard Thank you for this mod, I have had a blast with it and combined with vcom it makes for some really fun sessions!

Now I am looking to make a slightly more advanced mission with it and have a few suggestions of features you might want to consider for the future, and some questions.

To add some more randomization it would be nice if we could add an array with several custom configs for rifleman group, fireteam, sentry, tanks and so on, and pick one of those at random when spawning. That way we could for example be engaged by 2 fireteams with different setups at the same time.

If possible it would be neat with an additional option for "insertion radius multiplier" so we can choose not to be teleported to the AO at all, this would enable us to have a base where we can gear up and then use whatever transport we want to get in position.
EDIT: I just noticed that the radius is used for other things as well in the script, so I guess it would make sense to have this as a extra variable in the init instead of being a parameter option.

Is there a way to not trigger the module directly at mission start? I would like to hook it up to a custom trigger instead. (syncing did not work at least)

Lastly, a setting for not ending the mission once the task is completed/failed, and instead fade to black and return to the base (starting pos). That would go nicely together with the 2 suggestions above to add a "campaign" feel to the mission.

Thank you again for the work you already put in, the ability to change factions and your custom made missions already improves this game mode immensely! 

Nice suggestions which I agree with.

Does this mod create any dependencies?

Meaning can I create a mission using this and host on a dedicated server and it remain vanilla for everyone else?

Thanks

Does anyone know how to edit this for the UNSUNG mod. I appreciate that the Author is not interested in hand holding all the users with custom requests but I am hoping that someone may have the answer for me.

thank you

2 hours ago, dr@gon said:

Does anyone know how to edit this for the UNSUNG mod. I appreciate that the Author is not interested in hand holding all the users with custom requests but I am hoping that someone may have the answer for me.

thank you

I've created a modified version using CUP factions and I should have published it weeks ago... :( 

If you give me the arrays to customize the opposition, I can easily create an Unsung version. Be aware that Combat Patrol rely on wheeled reinforcement, something that is not terrific in jungle maps :) 

7 hours ago, 1212PDMCDMPPM said:

I've created a modified version using CUP factions and I should have published it weeks ago... :( 

If you give me the arrays to customize the opposition, I can easily create an Unsung version. Be aware that Combat Patrol rely on wheeled reinforcement, something that is not terrific in jungle maps :) 

That would be fantastic, I would greatly appreciate that very much.

If you could build something around the following units ;

["uns_men_VC_regional_com","uns_men_VC_regional_RF4","uns_men_VC_regional_HMG","uns_men_VC_regional_RF3","uns_men_VC_regional_RF2"];

I can use that as the basis for further modification. I believe the faction name for the Vietcong is UNSUNG_EV

As far as the reinforcements using vehicles, not all of the Unsung (or other jungle maps for that matter) are too heavily foliated so I guess I'll see how it goes.

I also use the CUP factions would you be willing to share that file as well? I would be in your debt.

thank you.

@dr@gon I did a quick test with the NV4 68 faction. It was ok so far. I spent most of the afternoon testing stuff like adding an arsenal on spawn, saving loadouts...Etc. I should have a version for you to test by tomorrow. After your feedback, I'll make it available for everybody to play with.

4 minutes ago, 1212PDMCDMPPM said:

@dr@gon I did a quick test with the NV4 68 faction. It was ok so far. I spent most of the afternoon testing stuff like adding an arsenal on spawn, saving loadouts...Etc. I should have a version for you to test by tomorrow. After your feedback, I'll make it available for everybody to play with.

Thank you. This is very generous of you.

@basstard Do you have time to modify your addon a little bit ?

In fc_cpinit.sqf, line 454 to 475, the locations are grabbed from the map addon (ie configFile). That means we can't, by script, create locations that will then be used as possible objective place.

Would you be able to modify it to include dynamically created locations (detected by nearestLocations - example: nearestLocations [position player, ["NameVillage", "NameCity", "NameCityCapital"], 1000]; )

Thx !

Love the mod....

It seems that even though I have all the BIS_CP entries in my Init.sqf set to nil for Vanilla that having BIS _CP_enemy_Faction set to 2 (random) or choosing AAF in mission parameters always gives CSAT troops as the enemy faction??

Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong?