ព្រៃខ្មោចលង | Prei Khmaoch Luong

A small, dense jungle province of Cambodia. The terrain is designed exclusively for LRRP, infantry combat, UH insertions and LOH.
1960-79 were years of conflict. Viet-Nam war, incursions and presidential lies, a Khmer Rouge regime ended by the Vietnamese forces and the Golden Triangle drug trade network have all left their mark.

This is the first terrain to be released to the public of the Cambodian Playground Project.

The terrain is a work in progress. It has taken a year to get this far and it will probably take six more months before it is completed and fully featured.

Features:
8x8km
custom objects
custom textures
massive entrenchments and fortified hilltops
brown rivers
custom native buildings/stilted huts
several villages and plantations

Technical:
This map is intended for close combat in a dense jungle environment and thus requires you to configure your settings accordingly.
1000m object and 2km view range is enough. Anybody with a reasonable computer and correct settings will get good fps with this terrain.
That being said, this is a map with 2017 release and is benched for 2016 computers, the visual detail level is made to be enjoyed on large resolution monitors
and larger render resolutions. 

Known issues:

Any bugs, things not working and weird object placement is due to area with them not being finished. There are many such. No need to report.

If you find an issue, I know about it already. There are thousands ;)

AI drivers will ignore the bridges more often than not, ai some times ignore houses. Will be fixed later.

Fixes will be done randomly without announcement. Major updates happen monthly or slower.

I only answer contact through my youtube channel or BI forums if I don't personally know you. No random friend requests please.

GvC8aqS.jpg

It has been a year since I started this project now, beginning with PKL (minus two weeks or so) and almost six months since last public update.

A LOT has changed since then. Ideas from people who use it has come in. I've watched as many videos as I could find or get sent to me and I've done a vast amount of research and experiments.

All or some of this has led to the following changes.

(actual changes are in the hundreds of thousands so you're going to have to explore to see.)

All ruins have been removed. May return in a later version.. If you follow this thread you know already.

All Tanoa rocks have been removed and replaced with another solution.

All roads have been upgraded to make room for small and medium vehicles and enhanced with new textures and more shiny wetness.

Almost all riverbeds have been upgraded and vegetation opened up to allow for more LOH oriented possibilites.

Every single area and settlement has had some level of changes and improvements.

More military locations in progress.

~200.000 vegetation objects and a similar number of rocks and cliffs have been removed or replaced to improve performance.

The lower river area has rice farms started and will slowly have all available area converted into such.

Massive rethink of the terrain to allow for vehicle based gameplay to the cost of less on foot detail. 

Several new areas opened up.

AAA/artillery site added for OPFOR on western side.

The following are my plans for PKL towards next major update:

High detail rice. My buddy @Kimchi is going to Cambodia in the very near future and will help me create some detail photo studies of various rice.

Finalized native buildings.

New native buildings and pagoda.

More hidden opfor installations.

New vegetation models, in clusters for high performance to make the jungle more dense.

Bamboo.

Local Boats. (props and ones that work)

Random Current stats:

910.000 objects where more than 700.000 of them were placed by hand.

~2000 people live in the area in approximately 600 simple homes. They probably dont' approve of what you are doing.

There are 3 military police stations.

Mud roads cover over 100km and there are 70km of foot paths and riverbeds in various sizes.

You can fly single digit altitude between every major and most other locations in a littlebird.

FINAL HOLIDAY UPDATE GALLERY All screens were taken with 8km view range and 2500m object distance, providing me 40-60 fps on my system.

The holiday update is currently being tested and finalized and will be up on steam within hours of this post.

If you enjoy my content, wish to see more, want to support me or show appreciation, any size donation to my paypal is greatly appreciated and everything goes to cover expenses, software licenses or hardware. 

Happy holidays and don't get malaria!

-blud

LEGAL NOTICE! READ THIS! FAILURE TO READ MEANS I OWN YOUR SOUL ETERNAL!

THIS ADDON IS RELEASED UNDER A CREATIVE COMMONS CC-AT-NC-ND 3.0 UNPORTED LICENSE.

YOU MAY NOT USE THIS ON MONETIZED SERVERS!

Download on steam workshop!

Please do not "mirror" this anywhere. Hotfixes happen without notification. I only support downloads from steam.

Special thanks to TeTeT, Lappihuan, Uro, Pennyworth, Kimchiguy, Mikero, Orcinus, Frankie, Mondkalb and the rest of the homies for the help and moral support!

Additional Info:
This item is not authorized for posting on Steam, except for the original IP-Owner ("bludclot").
This means: You are NOT allowed to upload it to the Steam-Workshop!
Do yourself a favor and create a Steam Workshop Collection, it makes yours (and all other lives) much more easier.

• Like 43

Media/Missions!:

Please post videos of your gameplay + links to this thread!

I will not have time to test any missions myself, as I'd rather spend it working on the mods. Here are some suggested ones to get you started!

Sp/coop Patrol Operations - 'War on Drugs'

This one is very good. Up to 24 players coop. Very much recommended for exploring and getting familiar with the terrain!

Prei Khmaoch Luong index - ALiVE Indexing : WiP

Zeus 48+2 Prei Khmaoch Luong =Mods Allowed=

[CO06] LRRP OPS

[COOP 7] Purple Swamp

[CO22]Evolution VietNam

[UNSUNG COOP-03] Misbegotten

I will put the best ones on the workshop page and in this post. Seeing how you guys use the terrain helps me make it better!
  • Like 10

Question, now that Tanoa Structures etc were downloaded to everyone for free last update, does this map still require apex?

Been excited about this map launch for a while, good work!

12 minutes ago, slowrider8 said:

Question, now that Tanoa Structures etc were downloaded to everyone for free last update, does this map still require apex?

Been excited about this map launch for a while, good work!

I have apex so I don't care. Someone who don't will probably know if it works or not.

It inherits from the terrain config and uses the sounds and whatnot so probably not,

Thanks.

• Like 3

Hi! This is a lovely looking terrain based on the media above. For anyone curious, I am going to attempt to index this map for ALiVE, most likely this evening (no promises!). I've already discussed this with Marceldev89.

Indexing is a delicate and potentially lengthy process depending on the number of objects used (and whether not the tools needed are playing nice). To avoid double work, if anyone has already indexed it, or will index it soon because they can't wait to get their Cambodia ALiVE-Ops on, please do me a solid and reach out to me soon.

Otherwise, once it's indexed, I'll post it back here for people to use until it gets merged in a future ALiVE release.

• Like 4

Hi Folks,

Oh - that looks absolutely fantastic - seems on par with Da Krong which is my gold standard for measuring all maps in SEA... Thanks for the effort and sharing - I'll be sure to take a look once I get some time...

Regards,
Scott

• Like 1

This looks amazing, cant wait to check it out!

• Like 1

@foxhound @kecharles28

You may have missed this part of the original post:

Please do not "mirror" this anywhere. Hotfixes happen without notification. I only support downloads from steam.

• Like 2

Guys, the author of this mod asked not to post mirrors of his work-please respect that wish. He has uploaded the mod to the steam workshop. I have removed mirrors posted from Play with Six and Armaholic at the author's request.

• Like 2

Wow!...Thanks for making and sharing!

• Like 1

I will echo what others have already said: thank you for making this fantastic terrain! I made a small album of screenshots I took while exploring, highlighting some of the areas and terrain features I found interesting:

• Like 4

Here is the ALiVE index for testing. To use, place the X folder in your mission root folder and ALiVE will do the rest.

I'd recommend mission makers place their own ambient helicopters and helipads if these are desired, as well as disabling ambient vehicle spawns for civilians and military due to how close a lot of the objects are placed. Assuming there are no major issues, this will be merged in a future ALiVE release.
  • Like 5

Hi Hero,

Thanks - I'll make a point of trying this over the weekend with this beautiful map... I'm strictly SP - and I can't use Arma without Alive...

Regards,
Scott

• Like 2

12 hours ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:
Here is the ALiVE index for testing. 

Awesome!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bludski said:

Awesome!

Yeah it's a beautiful map, so thanks for it. The neat part about indexing for ALiVE is you sort of get a virtual tour of the landscape. It was a pleasure and I look forward to making a mission on it.

Regarding what I said above especially about ambient helicopters, when you get back at it after the summer, I'd love to see the "empty" helipads you placed restricted only to very open spaces. Unfortunately, the way ALiVE spawns ambient choppers, it uses the object classname selected during the indexing process. If allowed (which I decided to disallow for now), it places faction helicopters in the open fields very nicely, but also places them everywhere else this object is, such as on top of the bunker on one of your bases which makes it explode in mission start.

If you ever reposition or remove some of the empty helipads, I have no problem indexing the map again down the road and allowing ambient helicopter spawns. Like I said above, it's not a big deal, because players can just manually place their own choppers for now, just food for thought in the future.

Anyway, thanks again for the incredible map. It is really special and congrats on the mention from BI in today's SITREP! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

stuff

Thanks! custom objects are planned in place of those bridge segments down the road. I'll have the helipads inside them removed in next hotfix and add some more hidden ones in ricefields and other suitable places as soon as I can!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bludski said:

Thanks! custom objects are planned in place of those bridge segments down the road. I'll have the helipads inside them removed in next hotfix and add some more hidden ones in ricefields and other suitable places as soon as I can!

Perfect! 

I edited my post a few times so I'm sure what you read was a mess. Lol. If you could, if you could limit the empty helipad object to only very open spaces, such as how you did with some of the open fields, that would be amazing. 

Great job on the map! It is very special and you should be proud. If you reposition any objects for the hot fix, I'll definitely do the index again. It's my pleasure. The power of ALiVE + your map is a thing to behold. :)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

stuff

Thats high praise! I can't wait to try some of that out myself! (still haven't actually played on the map myself) 

I'll hit you up when I've hotfixed it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bludski said:

Thats high praise! I can't wait to try some of that out myself! (still haven't actually played on the map myself) 

I'll hit you up when I've hotfixed it.

Hi Folks,

LOL - that's the problem when your develop - all your energy goes into your creation and you don't get to enjoy it - often... I haven't developed anything for Arma - but I've modeled in both Flight Sim and Train Sim - so I'm pretty familiar... @bludski - hope you make the time to enjoy your work as well... Can't wait to get home this weekend !!!

:sigh:

And if you're unfamiliar - @HeroesandvillainsOS makes some of the best Alive missions for Arma that I've come across - looking forward to anything he does with this map as well...

Regards,
Scott 

• Like 3