Sign in to follow this  
ThunderZz

Ping get worse, from Day to Day

Hi all,

I picked up the game this week on steam and already played some funny hours.

But I am experiencing an worse Ping every day. I started at 35 ms on Launch Day(Steam), and now I am at barely 100 ms. And as you may know, the Ping is an important thing in FPS's..........

So I wanted to ask, if it just me, or if other People are experiencing the same.

-ThunderZz

One possible reason is that some regions don't even have a single server yet, so they are stuck with incredibly high ping in other regions server, which just makes the games in general more unstable.

In Asia, our average ping will always be above 300 when connecting to the U.S. serves and above 400 when connecting to European ones.

56 minutes ago, SuperCoolDude said:

One possible reason is that some regions don't even have a single server yet, so they are stuck with incredibly high ping in other regions server, which just makes the games in general more unstable.

In Asia, our average ping will always be above 300 when connecting to the U.S. serves and above 400 when connecting to European ones.

Asia has servers? Are you sure your not filtering them out?

2 hours ago, TAC-GhiIIie said:

Asia has servers? Are you sure your not filtering them out?

Asia has no servers, which is part of the issue, so we have high ping in all games as we have to connect to servers from other continents.

This influences all players, we have high ping and lower FPS, and other players just see us lag about or bullets take longer to register when shooting at us, leading to the frequent situation of players killing each other at the same time, or being killed as soon as you peak due to your game taking longer to register movements with the high ping.

4 hours ago, SuperCoolDude said:

Asia has no servers, which is part of the issue, so we have high ping in all games as we have to connect to servers from other continents.

This influences all players, we have high ping and lower FPS, and other players just see us lag about or bullets take longer to register when shooting at us, leading to the frequent situation of players killing each other at the same time, or being killed as soon as you peak due to your game taking longer to register movements with the high ping.

I wasn't asking if asia has servers. I am telling you. ASIA has its own servers. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TAC-GhiIIie said:

I wasn't asking if asia has servers. I am telling you. ASIA has its own servers. 

dDFLgK3.jpg

Proof

14 hours ago, TAC-GhiIIie said:

dDFLgK3.jpg

Proof

Those must have been added in the last update since I played, as there previously were only US and European servers. Still, the Ping on these "Asia" servers is still atrocious, I get higher ping connecting to a U.S. West server than I do connecting to an "Asia" server, even though I'm in Asia. There's not one server I can connect to that is under 200 ping.

9 hours ago, SuperCoolDude said:

Those must have been added in the last update since I played, as there previously were only US and European servers. Still, the Ping on these "Asia" servers is still atrocious, I get higher ping connecting to a U.S. West server than I do connecting to an "Asia" server, even though I'm in Asia. There's not one server I can connect to that is under 200 ping.

That would be completely based on where you live in the Asia region or possibly your internet connection. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TAC-GhiIIie said:

That would be completely based on where you live in the Asia region or possibly your internet connection. 

Indeed, many factors are involved

• Where you live
  • Local and regional network infrastructure
  • Speed of your internet connection. 

On 2017-6-26 at 7:42 AM, SuperCoolDude said:

Asia has servers since the release.

Ping Monitoring is known as one of the most generally utilized processes by Network admins to check in case a network device is active. It includes transferring ICMP packets of data to the specific device and waiting for a response. In case there is no reply from the device, then it means it is offline or not working. You can also decide if your network has high or low latency depends on the time it takes for the packet data to be directed back and the packet loss percentage verified. For your convenience we are going to introduce a short list of Ping Monitoring and Management here.

1- Emco ping Monitor: It is software to observe more than one device simultaneously. It directs fixed pings to decide the connectivity and will alert you if there is a problem. It also permits you to make custom script programs that are performed when a warning is caused. The ping data that is sent by the devices is kept in a database that you can contact at a later time. Open https://appuals.com/best-tools-for-ping-monitoring-and-management/ and explore more. The EMCO Ping Monitor permits you to establish this data into grids and charts for better observing and performance contrast among the numerous devices.

2- DotCom Monitor: It is known as full-scale Network Management software that permits you to monitor many other features of your network such as TCP Port, DNS, FTP and Mail Server. DotCom monitor offers a simple way to check the status of your linked devices by transferring them ICMP messages.

I am  using Pingplotter  free version for the job.

Useful is you are playing  far away server.

It helps me to understand that I can't play US servers during NYSE Trading Hours due to the heavy traffic on Transatlantic links 🤨