Sign in to follow this  
1SG.Smithen.C

Telling AI squads to re-arm in zeus?

How do you tell AI infantry to re-arm in Zeus? Is it at all possible? I use the achilles mod on my server and does that have anything to tell AI to re-arm? Because I'm playing Zeus V Zeus in an RTS style with a friend and once my infantry squads are alive long enough they start to run out of ammo and I'd like to try and pull them back to my main HQ to resupply them from an ammo truck. Could it be done with scripting?

AFAIK it's not possible to force it. All you can do is spawn something like an ammo crate near them, or order the squad to move to a nearby crate, and then wait for the AI squad leader to spot them. Upon which it'll automatically order its subordinates to rearm themselves.

BTW ammo trucks don't rearm infantry. Only vehicles can rearm from trucks unless you added items manually to the truck's cargo inventory, or scripted it so that the Virtual Arsenal can be accessed via the Action Menu (which AI are unable to use anyway).

On 6/25/2017 at 6:06 PM, drebin052 said:

AFAIK it's not possible to force it. All you can do is spawn something like an ammo crate near them, or order the squad to move to a nearby crate, and then wait for the AI squad leader to spot them. Upon which it'll automatically order its subordinates to rearm themselves.

BTW ammo trucks don't rearm infantry. Only vehicles can rearm from trucks unless you added items manually to the truck's cargo inventory, or scripted it so that the Virtual Arsenal can be accessed via the Action Menu (which AI are unable to use anyway).

Can we reopen this? I am working with modded infantry, and so i can't even confirm that moving AI next to ammo would do anything.

This is a huge barrier if you ever make a zeus mission where the curator has limited troops to throw at you, as once they are all out of ammo they are toast.