Arma3 Videos

Would be nice already to have wind effects and feel the side guts when landing a plane/chopper, but yea it's not very really realistic. It is nontheless still fun though flying in ArmA!

Same fun as driving a plane in GTA.

Not appreciated much for a title as ARMA.

If they dont want to include settings that "complicate" things -so their title is still attractive to their-so-loved "Average player"

..they can include the "complex model" activated by (i.e.) a placed module on map.

I almost sure i 've seen proposal from people (FOR FREE) offering their AWARDED flight model for ARMA.

You dont want to look "small" implementing a non-BIS-employe's work on a BI product??

Fine..

Give us a brand NEW and better to look "EVEN bigger"

You refuse to get (FREE) help for something I want-while you are not doing something by yourself

to get me what I want.

Can't see reason-except to troll me

Edited by GiorgyGR

I wonder why this post has been reported? I hope that it's the author reporting his own post in order that it might be moved to the troubleshooting forum. I fear, though, that it's been reported by a, to use someone else's characterization, a "mindless fan boi".

Nope i reported it cause i thought it was a shameless video advertizing. Which appears to be wrong.

Anyway i'd like to see the same vid with the vanilla plane.

This would happen with the Buzzard too.

And it does:

I laughed, yeah it feels the flight model hasn't been improved on since arma 2, and as someone who flies a bit for real, Arma 3 flying feels like flying in a vacuum, only gravity acts on you, no air resistance or stabiliser stalls, I bet you could fly that plane sideways, as long as you have enough altitude.

hilarious. it is a thing that needs improving in arma3. such amazing landscape but the flight model isnt so much so. i bough tKoh for its flight model and hoped to see something similar here. but so far nope. but bis arent like others so there is actually often more hope than would be presumed - well i hold thumbs but not my breath.

Well at least BIS tries to improve stuff, If this was EA or Dice we'd be screaming into a void.

I remember that the TKOH flight model was supposed to be implemented in Arma 3, but that went with the troubles they got into during Development I think. Don't know how that would have affected Fixed wing though.

To be fair I don't think they tested for a situation where someone attempted a backwards landing ;)

I bet you could fly that plane sideways, as long as you have enough altitude.

Know what? I´ve seen Kegetys do exactly that in OFP, and he still has the frickin video on his YT! :D

yUOW86cLv9U

Also, awesome chiptunes!

SP-n4F_n4UU

>at least BIS tries to improve stuff

Not seeing any of that.

Hello guys,

I played the new DLC and recorded the footage so you can see its amazing features, How easy it is and how incredibly smooth it is.

I distinctly recall Dwarden mentioning on Facepunch's Arma 3 thread that he'd actually pushed for JSBSIM for fixed-wing -- why that didn't happen is of course anyone's guess.

As for the lack of TKOH FM... I remember DnA walking that back to "may not happen" a week before the alpha release, or rather "may only be engine support for user-made addon helos, with none of the vanilla helos having it".

Nope i reported it cause i thought it was a shameless video advertizing. Which appears to be wrong.

Oh. The forum's wannabe moderator. Thought as much.

Video advertising? It's a video showing the state of the flight model. In what way is it wrong?

And there's an equivalent video showing the same behaviour with the Buzzard.

It's not easy be wrong, is it?

bla bla

Come on, before flaming me, you could at least try to understand what i say : i WAS WRONG to report it, i FIRSTLY thought it was a video advertising. Got it ?

Aha! You mistakenly thought it was advertising? Gotcha. That's not at all clear in your posts.

Perhaps you should be a little less hasty before slapping the report button.

Perhaps you do need to remove that 'report' then. I can see nothing wrong with what he has posted and the OP is absolutely correct - it is shameful that this can happen.

Perhaps you do need to remove that 'report' then. I can see nothing wrong with what he has posted and the OP is absolutely correct - it is shameful that this can happen.

Nothing shameful there. Arma is mainly an infantry sim, with combined arms possibilities. That works for me, as for many others. If you want a flight sim, go hang on DCS forums or wherever.

Arma is technically a "military sandbox". Also, the infantry have a lot of problems as well. There's a lot of problems in each department, really.

Arma is technically a "military sandbox". Also, the infantry have a lot of problems as well. There's a lot of problems in each department, really.

You'd have to define 'technically' and also describe how that term is valid in this context (thread subject being flight model).

Nothing shameful there. Arma is mainly an infantry sim, with combined arms possibilities. That works for me, as for many others. If you want a flight sim, go hang on DCS forums or wherever.

Are you on drugs? You see nothing shameful in a fixed wing aircraft handling the same way at - 400 as at +400?

Are you on drugs? You see nothing shameful in a fixed wing aircraft handling the same way at - 400 as at +400?

Depends on what you classify as a drug, you seem to live in a very different reality than I do :)

I could whine about that rain does not form in puddles and streams that run downhill in Arma terrain, and that this makes it a really bad simulation, but that's not important to me, and thus I would not dream of calling it 'shameful'. Same with flight model - those two are on about equal importance to me in getting an enjoyable experience out of Arma. Off to the rain-and-puddle-sim if that becomes my cup of tea.

Ha! Is that a Phys X feature?

Don't bother mentioning any problems with fixed wing aircraft on here though, you just get shouted down with "this is not a flight simulator"!

Cool song on your vid too.

Depends on what you classify as a drug, you seem to live in a very different reality than I do :)

I could whine about that rain does not form in puddles and streams that run downhill in Arma terrain, and that this makes it a really bad simulation, but that's not important to me, and thus I would not dream of calling it 'shameful'. Same with flight model - those two are on about equal importance to me in getting an enjoyable experience out of Arma. Off to the rain-and-puddle-sim if that becomes my cup of tea.

Running water and the flight model are of equal importance. Okaaaaaay.

Ha! Is that a Phys X feature?

Don't bother mentioning any problems with fixed wing aircraft on here though, you just get shouted down with "this is not a flight simulator"!

Cool song on your vid too.

Hah very true,same response with choppers or vehicles,"but but but it's infantry sim".No,it's not a damn infantry sim,it's a sandbox game otherwise we wouldn't have armored,soft vehicles,choppers and so on.

Every branch is made to support the others,for this to happen we don't need DCS or Steel Beasts type of simulation,just a decently simulated system not this freak show which Sere showed up and more disturbingly it's the same since OFP.

In reality though, this isn't a game-breaker for me at least, but it takes away from the feel of authenticity and credibility attributed to the game. Even in something like battlefield 2 the flight model, while not being anything near a simulation, was not forgiving, you could stall very easily (speed stall).

It felt you were flying a plane through air instead of butter. This is from a game that was first of all an FPS, so don't spew the "It's not a flight simulator" crap. Nobody I think wants Arma to be a flight simulator, but rather to give flying in the game a bit more feeling, there's no real immersion for flying, just climb to about 1000m and fly in a straight line to wherever you're going.

Also, planes bursting into flames because they touched a bush is also extremely annoying. If I get hit critically I should (if I can't eject) be able to attempt a semi-controlled crash landing or at the very least ditch it in the water. Surely Physix can support this?