andy1

Pylons weapon sample?

Hi all, so I am trying to create a couple of custom pylons for the 3cb vehicles. I have them created and in game and working. I however have come across the issue that the pylon model spawn in inline with the proxy for the missile not at the center point.  I was wondering if a sample model may be being released to provide us modders with an example of how to set the model up.  If not has anyone got any clue as to why this may be happening, there's not much info about proxies and object builder I can find.

Thanks

Quick example made from the bomb ejector rack that was used on the A2 AV-8B+

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ea510c5qvzqlusq/proxyPylonExample.7z?dl=0

Munitions proxies inside the model point to BIS' A3 Mk82 bomb. But would be replaced ingame by whatever the proxyShape= model is, defined in the cfgAmmo class that the pylon magazine uses.

The model that the munitions proxy is pathed to in the pylon needs to be a model defined in class cfgNonAIVehicles with

simulation = maverickWeapon;

For the BIS Mk82 I used in the example model, this already exists in the core game config:

Spoiler

class ProxyBomb_02_F: ProxyWeapon
		{
			model = "\A3\Weapons_F\Ammo\Bomb_02_F";
			simulation = "maverickweapon";
		};

And the pylon proxy in your aircraft needs to be a model defined in class cfgNonAIVehicles with

simulation = pylonpod;

File contains a .hpp example of that, which you can open in notepad or something.

Important to have the autocenter = 0 named property in the geometry LOD of the pylon model, and your ammunition's proxyShape model. This way the 0,0,0 coordinate of the model will always align with the main corner vertex of the proxy that it's placed on.

I imagine this is why you're finding some of your munitions are misaligned ingame.

Generally, all A3 ammunition models use the Y=0 plane in Object builder, as the surface where the munition interfaces with the pylon//magazine/launcher model, and pylon/magazine models use Y=0 as the surface where the pylon interfaces with the aircraft. So this is a good standard to adopt, and then you only need to concern yourself with alignment along the X and Z axis.

Bombs are released in descending order of the proxy numbers: i.e. 3,2,1 in the example

But if you apply mirroredMissilePos = N; in your aircraft's pylon class and have mirrorMissilesIndexes[] = {2,1,3}; in the pylon magazine, they will release in the order 3,1,2 from the original pylon N. So think of this mirrorMissilesIndexes[] array as being written backwards in order of release

• Like 2

@da12thMonkey you're a star thank you.  I didn't realise that I need both the missile and the carrier in the cfgNonAIVehicles class.  That has fixed it.  Thanks again.

• Like 1

Thank you, that is very helpful.

maybe I am adding to the confusion- but i found I don't have to add the magazine/carrier to nonaivehicles. Only the ammo. Works for me

Are those the same pylon/carrier models that are assigned to the proxy positions in the aircraft model?

AFAIK cfgNonAIVehicles is mostly for that; so that the game knows that this proxy position on the aircraft model is dynamic, and different meshes can be loaded to it.

It might not be necessary to do for every pylon/rack/carrier if they are only to be loaded as dynamic magazines rather than pathed to models. But I guess it helps to be consistent.

Might also be necessary in circumstances where the pylon is to be animated as well though https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Vehicle_Loadouts#magazine

Yes you are right- I found out why it worked for me : )

I am using placeholder proxies in my aircraft (generic vanilla) - not my own.

If I would like to put my own in the aircraft p3d then I would have to add to ai vehicles. Does that make sense?

Yeah, makes sense.

We're using a centralised dummy model for the proxy on the aircraft at RHS (e.g. \rhsafrf\addons\rhs_airweapons\rhs_pylon_dummy) in case other model paths change.

But by convention we're adding most, if not all of the pylonpod/magazine models to cfgNonAIVehicles anyway

Good Day everyone!

I managed to get the new Pylon ingame and all seems fine except the fact that the weapons on the rack aren't hidden once fired ... and i know this has to be the revolving animation source - now i know that in the VBS 3 Manual it was nicely written - well it's offline now so that's that ...  Basicly all my old resources are now kinda offline so - how do i manage to animate the weapons in the rack - I mean BI did hide / include their model.cfg of their pylonproxies (somehow). In their Documentation it is stated that you include the revolving.x animation source in the mode.cfg but as i am working on a big scale project including a vehicle and multiple pylons and so on i wanna split it in to junks of the same kind (like Weapons, Pylons, ..... ) sitting all in the same pbo package having only 1 patch class  - so i can't do a model.cfg for each model and kinda don't want to have a endless model.cfg where i need to go to line 200656455646 to edit this one thingy i want to (if you get what i mean) - anyway i can't remember where i found an animationSource example of mamaverickweapon based model proxy (Revolving.X)

It would be awesome if someone can hint me a little help here

thanks

Feel free to ask if something isn't clear enough

Hello everyone, sorry to necro this post but I have exactly this problem  ! Step by step and in large part thanks to your help (forum/discord) the plane on which I work begins to take shape. I come back to you when faced with a problem with missiles: when firing, the proxy missile in my proxy pylon does not "hide". I understand that I should add a "hide" animation somewhere but ... where and how? I manage to make Dynamic Loadout work well so I guess my proxies are great. The missiles are well launched but those on the pylons are not hidden when firing. No sample on Arma3's sample Anyone have an example to share with me?

Sounds like either you need to add your proxy to the nonaivehicles - or in the p3d use the default example proxy instead