Sign in to follow this  
Dallas Medina

Experimenting with attachTo and setVectorDirAndUp: an easier way?

So I've been experimenting in the editor, trying to make "standoff" armor for APCs, make big ridiculous armored gun trucks, things like that. Basically the kind of makeshift DIY stuff we see in Iraq and Syria. Naturally, I'm using the attachTo and setVectorDirAndUp commands in each objects init field for this. This is an EXTREMELY time consuming and tedious process, as I have to fiddle around with the X,Y,Z coordinates of every piece and then hit "play scenario" just to test the placement of each piece and then end it, make guestimates, rinse, wash, repeat.

Is there an easier way to do this? Like maybe some mod or addon or something that lets me just sync the object to the vehicle and then move it around with the mouse? Or maybe see my X/Y/Z coordinate adjustments in real-time in the editor, as opposed to having to start the scenario each time to see the placement? I've got some really cool ideas, but my god is this a pain in the ass lol.

Here's some stuff I'm messing around with/WIP:

ArmA%203%2006.22.2017%20-%2010.49.51.01.

ArmA%203%2006.22.2017%20-%2010.50.19.03.

ArmA%203%2006.22.2017%20-%2010.51.45.05.

ArmA%203%2006.22.2017%20-%2010.51.25.04.

Use the debug console. Then, when you have right adjustments, end the mission and copy and paste into the object's init. 

Put everything in place in the editor and then add:

0 = [this, yourCarsName] call BIS_fnc_attachToRelative;

to all init fields of the objects.

• Like 2

On 6/28/2017 at 2:56 AM, Greenfist said:

Put everything in place in the editor and then add:

0 = [this, yourCarsName] call BIS_fnc_attachToRelative;

to all init fields of the objects.

Bumping this because I'm not getting good results. I tried that, however that made the objects collide with the vehicle and it exploded.

I'm really hoping for a way to attach objects to vehicles on the editor without having to start the scenario everytime to see the results. I don't know anything about a debug consol or how it works.

For the debug console:

1: in the editor give all your vehicles a name that's easy to remember or write then down somewhere.  Also preferably add them to zeus.  

2: still in the eden editor give yourself zeus
3: go ingame
4: put your attachTo commends in the debug console with the names of your vehicles.  You're now able to see live what you're changing and can edit it on the fly by entering the same commend with slightly different values.