Hi, my friend is telling me that ARGO will end up costing money to play. So i am a bit confused. My question is: Will it stay Free To Play or will it cost money?

1 minute ago, WhoozardHat said:

Hi, my friend is telling me that ARGO will end up costing money to play. So i am a bit confused. My question is: Will it stay Free To Play or will it cost money?

Its free.

Quoting the project argo website (https://www.projectargo.net/blog/announcements/argo-and-arma-3-malden-dlc-now-available):

Argo is available completely for free on Steam and will not require any form of payment to play the game. Those who would like to support the game do have the opportunity to purchase the Argo “Supporter’s Pack” at € 9.99 / $ 9.99 / £ 6.99 on Steam or the Bohemia Store. As a token of gratitude, this pack comes with a few special in-game rewards which do not affect gameplay: 13 exclusive animations for the MVP screen at the end of each match, a bundle of 23 unique apparel items, the ability to use vehicles in the 3D Scenario Editor, access to premium Argo Supporter servers, and the names of supporters are highlighted on the leaderboards.

• Like 2

The game is for free. Completely. And there are currently no plans to include any type of free-to-play monetization.

But if someone will be satisfied with the game, and would like to support the devs, there is a possibility to buy Supporter's pack DLC. Beside a big thanks from the devs, you get as a reward some cosmetic items (headgear, end match animations, highlight in the player lists etc). Also Supporters have access to Premium servers, which may be useful when official servers are full of filled with not so serious players.

Players can also support devs by buying other Bohemia Interactive games - such as (evergreen) Arma 3, (soon to be finished) DayZ or (new rising star) Ylands.

• Like 1