Hi Argo just released and I downloaded it. It was strange to me that it was only 100MB. Upon trying to launch it I get this error:

E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Argo\argobattleye.exe 

Any help?

I tried to verify integrity of game cache and reinstalled the game but nothing.

Someone please help I'm getting jealous of my friends playing :D

I think it was a terrible idea to release it with the steam summer sales, I can't access steam at all :D

Thank you it worked but now I have to wait to download it since it's 10 GB and not 100MB. Damn steam lol :)

Just now, highsky said:

Can confirm that getting it through BI store works

Yep same.

When I try to get Argo through Steam I have the same issue, except when trying to get Argo through the BI store it requires a EULA agreement but I am not able to agree to the EULA no matter what I try.

Cannot download through the BI store because it redirects to download through Steam.

hqdefault.jpg

Fix it, Valve!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Psycool

Go to the Store section of the website. Then click Argo. Right side of the screen has a claim bar.

go to the site itself. https://store.bistudio.com/products/project-argo create account, and get the game from there. then add it to your steam. it will then actually show up in your steam library and it will download the game. if you dont, and try to download thru steam first, it only downloads 111mb or something. where the game is actually just over 10 gb.

This is to help out everyone that can't seem to figure out why they're getting an error message regarding Argo BattleEye.exe not being installed. If you noticed that when you went to the Steam store to download Argo, and it was a mere 110Mb download, you may have been a bit confused by the size. That is because the download simply downloads the CommonRedist Folder, and that's it. It does not download the game, just the common redistribution file. If you want to ACTUALLY download the game, first make sure you uninstall "Argo" (or the 110Mb version that you've been constantly uninstalling and reinstalling while trying to troubleshoot), head to the Bohemia Interactive store (NOT projectargo.net). This link here https://store.bistudio.com/ (if you don't trust my link, just google Bohemia Interactive and you'll find their store page). Argo will be on the main page with a button that says "Free", click that button and you'll be asked to create an account if you haven't already, link your Steam account, blah blah blah. You'll then be able to actually "download" Argo through their store, which basically just gives you a Steam CD key that will redeem on Steam for you when you hit redeem. Then head to Steam and start the download for the ACTUAL game since it'll now show up in your library, and it should be around 10GB or so. 

We are coordinating the fix with our partners at Valve, the issue should be most likely fixed by now as far as we can tell. I hope You may enjoy Argo to the fullest soon.

• Like 1