OnlyUsesMachineGuns

Will Combat Patrol Give XP/Credits?

Currently, it seems that Combat Patrol doesn't reward the player after the completion of missions. Will this be changed? If not, what's the reasoning for it?

I'd much rather play this game co-op to level up and get weapons necessary for performing well in pvp maps. This reduces the pressure and frustration from being a new player and helps to get them acclimated to how to play the game without ruining pvp matches due to a large skill gap.

The PvP modes are the core of Argo, and we want the player's level to reflect their experience with those. Proficiency in Combat Patrol does not necessarily improve one's skill in PvP modes, so we keep the XP rewards in those, and have Combat Patrol as some sort of a chill mode and a little showcase of more Arma-like gameplay.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, HimawariSunflower said:

There are also people who are only COOP in arma3, so I think that you should make a system that contains experience values.

That's why Combat patrol was introduced also for Arma 3 with Arma 3 Malden DLC. It's the exact place where COOP only players should play Combat patrol. Despite some small differences (mainly in setting) the core experience stays the same. Also the Combat patrol in Arma 3 can be played on all official terrains (Altis, Stratis, Tanoa and Malden).

This design just artificially hampers from playing how they want to play. So what if PvP is what you consider to be the main game, what if someone else wants to just play with friends? Why not let them be able to progress this way, especially since lower level players are always going to be at an advantage to someone who has played longer. You can even make coop matches have a lower amount of xp than pvp ones. Just let the players do what they think is fun. As long as people are playing the game and enjoying it, that should be the only thing that matters.

For example, in Rainbow Six: Siege, obviously the PvP gameplay is most important, but you can still get a small amount of progression in coop missions with friends.

Why even have the coop mode in the game if there is no incentive to do it? I know there are many new players who I've talked to who don't even want to play this game anymore since coop doesn't let them progress at all and they are stuck with useless low level weapons with no scopes. Sure, we can go play Arma 3, but it lacks many of the characteristics of Argo, and not to mention Arma 3 has no progression system, plus is not free so is naturally harder to get players to try.

I feel like many more people would be interested in this game and want to continue playing, especially new players coming in being at a heavy disadvantage, if they could at least level up a little bit in coop to the point that they can at least compete with higher level players.

I should also mention that many of the negative reviews on the Steam page, which are in Chinese, are of players complaining about this. Most Chinese players prefer to play coop and if there is no way to progress in coop the game will die in this region.

• Like 1

I have little interest in playing the competitive modes in this game and would prefer to just play Combat Patrol. I don't like competitive modes in Arma either. I'd like to see a way to get experience in combat patrol based on kills, revives, and objective interactions. I will just play Combat Patrol in Arma 3 but man, this game performs so much smoother than Arma 3 ever has for me.

Edited by HanowarHAIL
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Locklear said:

The PvP modes are the core of Argo, and we want the player's level to reflect their experience with those. Proficiency in Combat Patrol does not necessarily improve one's skill in PvP modes, so we keep the XP rewards in those, and have Combat Patrol as some sort of a chill mode and a little showcase of more Arma-like gameplay.

Don't forget that some people only play games which are PvE oriented, so what this does is lock them out from getting "ANYTHING" at all.

I would understand it if you made it 10 times as less as the easy pvp matches are, but still give them something.

As I noted already before the COOP already feels very stal in the way of there is no progression and the objectives are dull.

I don't say COOP is bad, no I just want you guys to remind that not everyone is into the adrenaline rush fast phased shooter matches as me.

And while the COOP is already there, why not make it work? Give people the feeling that they actually achieving something.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Theo1143 said:

I would understand it if you made it 10 times as less as the easy pvp matches are, but still give them something.

I agree. At least a something of XP/Credit requires that players understand, why they are playing.

• Like 2

Indeed. If you the developer considers the game PVP based, why not reward only $ and maybe 25-50% XP for coop? It's TEN people cooperating and the mission doesn't end until everyone gets to the exfil. You're telling me as a developer, that you want players in your game playing for nothing. For no reason other than some superficial arbitrary idea you have for prepping them to play PVP. The fact that you don't even consider co-op only players in your response is very sad. But hey. "Free to play means you cant complain" you do you devs... you do you... Also, why not provide high-end premade loadouts for Co-op if you want people to get used to what PVP has to offer, if you're not going to reward the player, at all, for playing that mode.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, ImaGrumpyPieceofShit said:

While they have Arma as their main game which is a pure war simulator I can understand why they want this with the focus on pvp.

Because Arma is already built around war sim communities who can give you the best coop experience you can think off.

But that doesn't take away from that arma costs you 60 bucks so if they play this and compare that to Arma it is just wrong.

Exactly, why not give us high end gear?

I belief you want us to get better with our current gear we own, no matter what you play PvP or PvE it remains the same.

I really think they overseen this and this has never been tested again because if you want coop go to Arma...

But 9/10 people who play this have never played Arma since it is a F2P.

• Like 1

The opinion that ARMA should be done is correct, but it is very painful to play without compensation. You should stop unlocking itself so that you can use whatever you like if you do not want to pay. There are rumors that services will be over in a few months, but then is there a meaning to do as a stand-alone ARMA as a competing game?

I understand maybe not allowing people to fully level in the co op mode, however letting us progress, even to level 5 or 10 with that so we get a fighting chance in pvp, especially when you have the game so well balanced that a full team of level 1's can go up against level 8-10 on the enemy team. makes it rather frustrating to get past the first few levels to actually unlock something decent and want to play the pvp when its so mismatched in skill and levels. and it almost makes it seem like you did the co op just to get people interested enough in arma 3 to buy it rather than use it to enhance Argo. just my opinion but i could be wrong

Just an Idea but they could let a few of the higher end weapons in each class be available in coop along with sights and things. Not give full access but enough to where those that want to play only COOP can do their thing. On the upper end of it you could also introduce other coop modes and pvp modes and have a separate leveling system kinda like how Tom Clancy's The Division kinda is. Just a thought for those that are only CO-OP. I like the PVP modes myself but I would advocate this idea for the interest of all players not just a select group.

Another vote for at least some recognition for playing co-op combat patrol.

And meanwhile, at least notify players that they're NOT receiving anything.  Frustrating to play for hours only to find that you'd effectively not been playing.

On ‎2017‎-‎06‎-‎23 at 5:01 AM, Locklear said:

sir you couldint be more untrue I play pve a lot and I mean more then some people and well I can tell you right now I'm most likely more smarter and skilled then most pvp players that have been playing most likely longer then I have bots can do a shit ton for a persons gameplay truth is I train against bots and not players because ai tend to give a untrained design what I mean is they are not as well reliable as players and sometime can take routes that players normaly would never do meaning as short

ai can train you for the unexpected 

ive always loved pve as the ai are normal unpredictable and never well like how players are I also use to run a clan on arma 3 till we all moved to other games and the main thing I told my mates keep your eyes open and never leave a blind spot why because the ai trained me with that if I didn't watch my own back I would have died so many times its not funny and well before I did my training with ai I never use to I use to be a Rambo little cod bitch running and gunning and well I never was scared of players why because

1. ai have aimbot meaning pin point death

players do not

2.ai seem to have a dieing issues

players do not

3. ai seem to get into places that players can not aka until you guys fix bugs on arma 3 they go thru buildings

theres so many unexpected things ai can train you for and I mean a lot so really if anything the combat patrol should be seen as training and give you less xp and money then pvp but still get some based on how hard the mission really is

• Like 1

Co-op should give xp the same as any other mode. It's hugely disappointing to invest time into any game that doesn't allow you to progress through an unlock/skill tree. 

• Like 1

another vote for allowing PvE players to unlock more than the base weapons.

What if there's a PvE and a PvP stat?

Even if the XP/$ only applies to PvE games and doesn't carry over to PvP.

true, I could fall back on arma, so whatever.

Just realize that if you don't recognize your different types of players, you'll lose them

Just realized after spending over 10 hours in combat patrol mode.,, I'm still on lvl 2:down:. I just browsed through this thread and it's hilarious how the Dev's are trying to cover up the fact that this is like a tester for Arma 3 i.e: if you like Argo, then you should check out Arma 3 and tbh it does pop up after every mission completion.

Let's get the facts straight, if you want to promote Argo as a PvP game, then you guys are going to land on your faces, there are much better PvP games out there in the big league. The PvP game modes are just  repetitive versions of raid with different titles and a few nicks here are there. The reason Arma 3 is unique, is because of it's war simulation and slow paced game-play, which you have provided in Argo in CP mode. That is the only reason Argo will move forward, provided you do something about the points and experience accumulation.

If you are going to stick with the original decision of CP-Mode being a pointless game-play. Argo will surely die out. You guys should pull up stats or run a poll vote to find out which mode players join/come to play Argo. If i wanted PvP I'd be playing cs series. Hope you guys figure it out soon, before it's too late. 

Regards
A skeptical Argo fan 

• Like 1

5v5 or 10v10 is what Arma 3 should have introduced at the start. If you want coop go play arma 3? But you want to play coop to get better guns in argo? so you dont have to climb the ranks in PVP (which you dont even want to play?) and get pooped on? So far most of the fun is playing levels higher than me. I have just over 700 hours in arma 3 all played in KOTH because i cant stand killing mindless bots. Ive been waiting for something like this from the start. 

On 23.06.2017 at 0:01 PM, Locklear said:

Combat Patrol as some sort of a chill mode and a little showcase of more Arma-like gameplay.

Dear developers, modes "Combat Patrol" and "Clash" - more suited to the style of ARMA. It doesn't belong to PVP. Until you make a reward system, as other modes, in "Combat Patrol" will be a mess!
Don't believe? Go and play a little.

For example,
Friendly fire? - It's like saying "Hello".
Resurrect an teammate? They beg in the chat, but cann't mark themselves on the map, because they don't know how.
And why resurrect? - Let him himself be resurrected. This isn't a problem of an nobleman.
Are there team's tickets for resurrection? - Don't know.

No matter against whom to play (against bots or other players). ARMA is a team game.

I have enrolled in all wars since "the cold one" with BI series.

My honest opinion is that the arma series are for what they are meant to be designed for; and in their field, the BI title is still second to none (specially from cold war assault to combined operations).

I do understand BI wants to try new "additional" titles, via the incubator. I would not understand though this project being an experiment aimed to modify the "ArmA series" in the future, according to the opinions of Counter strike sadistic serial-killing kiddies, who are now playing Argo, due to the freeness of it.

Regarding gameplay, i think the clunkiness of the real virtuality engine does not make it suitable for fast paced competitive PVP games. More suitable engines would perform better ;)

I believe that including the "combal patrol" mode (in the conditions it has been introduced) does not make any sense if the idea is to engage new potential ArmA clients.

Why not? because even in easy mode people keep getting constantly killed 20 seconds after spawning/re-spawning, even without having the opportunity to know which heavily equipped omniscient bot is shooting at them, nor being able to defend themselves even if they were lucky enough to spot the suddenly spawned enemies with the crappy loadout they are forced to play with (useless SMGs, or a couple of low precision guns with a slightly stronger caliber).

I though perhaps my friends would get interested in playing arma if they got a good impression with this "free demo". I doubt they will ever play argo or arma again. The PVP experience is frustrating for new players, trying to play with poorly accurate weapons against people much better equipped. I think it makes the initial perception of the fast paced argo modes really annoying to play.,

Something that could change the perception of potential arma purchasers, introduced to the editor/gameplay through argo would be offering a decent loadout to choose from from the beginning (one decent gun from each category with the possibility of choosing a decent scope to kill totipotential AIs). This would surely make the "combat patrol" mode worth, and what is important for the developers, profitable.

The "limited" editor access is the best choice BI has made with Argo in my humble opinion, new potential client-wise.

Please keep the future arma series independent from zombies, from futuristic/spacial warfare scenarios, and from this incubator brainstorming thingy.

And all the best for future PVP FPS incubations (with suitable game engines ;)

King Regards

BorZ

Second that. Combat Patrol, as an introduction to the whole of Arma series of sorts, should have separate unrestricted loadouts separate from the PvP game. Unrestricted by means of ability to chose a loadout even from the higher tiers, not the ability to grab the biggest MMG plus 10 magazines, ten FAKs and AT with three rockets in a Carryall pack (which the stamina system in A3 quite restricted but you can still see that one some public servers). The current system of loadouts for PvP works pretty fine, if only COOP allowed for no XP restriction when choosing the loadout. It would have two benefits, IMHO:

* People could try out higher tier weapons and attachments in COOP without grinding for XP, making them want to play PvP more to get to that level of gear, and let them familiarise with the weapons more than just at the shooting range (or the awesome editor for those that  ever open it)

* More people could be drawn to Arma 3 for reasons of COOP if the COOP missions in Argo were not totally without gear unless you are already high enough level from PvP, when they outgrow the relatively simple Combat Patrol mission and want something better organised with more players.

I disagree with the suggestion that COOP should have its own XP system - that simply doesn't make sense in both the mission structure and whole Arma universe - a real squad or fireteam is not based on XP, nor is it in Arma, it's based on roles. It wouldn't make sense to grind for XP and better gear in COOP, unless in some kind of survival mission which this is not.

Perhaps have numbered, premade roles with loadout for the COOP mode, even though that would probably lead to everybody rushing for the sniper spot...(which is not even a fun role in most COOP missions, in organised COOP in Arma I like plain grunts the best, most fun with just CQB sights and it fosters leadership and team cooperation, and teaches you to PID your targets well, sitting behind a rock picking off targets when the rest of the team is doing the work down there and getting into hairy situations with the lone AI they overlooked just around the corner is not such fun)

But anything would be better for the COOP than using the same gear as in the PvP mode based on your XP from PvP mode. While in Arma I prefer games with CQB sights and good command structure to make up for it, I can imagine it can be frustrating for new players to start COOP with just a 9mm SMG or something like that. Although the devs can differ, and hopefuly have some data on that :)

• Like 1

What if?
In PvP give more experience, and in PvE give more money. In one mode you develop, and in another you earn.