Glencoe

[DLC] Malden in Real Life!

Well, I think that this was the closest location that looks like Malden. Mainly the left lower corner and the right lower corner of the main island with the peninsula on the right. Tell me what you think and if this is accurate!

This island that Malden seems to be based off is Lefkada, Greece which it is connected by a bridge.

Spoiler

PfNt58C.jpg

5 minutes ago, Glencoe said:

Well, I think that this was the closest location that looks like Malden. Mainly the left lower corner and the right lower corner of the main island with the peninsula on the right. Tell me what you think and if this is accurate!

This island that Malden seems to be based off is Lefkada, Greece which it is connected by a bridge.

Reveal hidden contents

PfNt58C.jpg

You may not be aware that Malden 2035 is a new version of the classic Malden island that came with OFP. Which was released some 16 years ago. Malden is based off Lefkada, as per the BIS wiki - https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Malden

6 minutes ago, R0adki11 said:

You may not be aware that Malden 2035 is a new version of the classic Malden island that came with OFP. Which was released some 16 years ago. Malden is based off Lefkada, as per the BIS wiki - https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Malden

Yeah, I seen something about an older Arma with the map but I didn't realise it to the fullest. Very interesting! Thank you. 

Is it ok if I leave this post up for anyone that may be wondering?

Just now, Glencoe said:

Yeah, I seen something about an older Arma with the map but I didn't realise it to the fullest. Very interesting! Thank you. 

Is it ok if I leave this post up for anyone that may be wondering?

Of course you can.

• Like 1

Just now, R0adki11 said:

Of course you can.

Thanks for the info!

This info is great for a new generation of Amra players who weren't around when the island first came out.

I was hoping this had pics of the real island comparing to the game version, along the lines of this classic thread;

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Rich_R said:

I was hoping this had pics of the real island comparing to the game version, along the lines of this classic thread;

Google Maps has streetview for the island. But the resemblance is not as big as Altis <-> Lemnos or Chernarus <-> it's RL location, since Malden 2035 is scaled down quite a bit compared to the RL island.

Still, the team did a really good job in making a realistical feeling mediterran island wirh Malden 2035! And despite it shares a lot of assets with Altis and Stratis it still has the feel of a different place.

• Like 1