scotg

Looking for help with vehicle weapon animation scripts

I am asking for help in figuring out multi-barrel animations on vehicles, and I'm quite certain the best solution would be something that many top mods will greatly benefit from.

Specifically, I have made vehicle models with multiple firing barrels which should each have its own turn firing, and they each have a recoil effect. Additionally, this should happen in auto-fire mode. The first vehicle I am trying this on has two barrels. I have somehow managed to get the weapons to take turns expelling rounds, but both barrels recoil. That's not the right answer, but once I have a grasp on the solution I will apply the principle to some four-barrel vehicle weapon systems. Additionally, it might be nice to have the ability to switch to other modes, such as "auto-unison" (all barrels auto-firing in unison, or "manual-single" (each barrel firing a single-shot, alternating each time the trigger is squeezed), or "manual-unison" (each trigger squeeze fires one round from each barrel all at once). Those examples are my terminology, so forgive me if there's a better way to say it.

If it helps to post what code I have used to get it where it is (i.e.: not exactly right), please let me know. Otherwise, I'll skip it since it doesn't quite do the job.