Spaphy

Question: Enabling Zone Trigger?

Hello! I've stumbled upon a small problem to solve. I was curious as to what the simplest method is to enable a trigger's ability to activate.

Example: Say there's a zone that ends the mission, but you want to force the player to complete tasks before they can walk into the specific zone, ending the mission.

It seems using standard zone triggers has nothing preventing the player from walking into the zone, ending the mission.

Essentially, I look to have the trigger's ability to activate enabled only after something specific has been completed (Whether it be a task or a trigger first.)

This being the goal, "triggeractivated" isn't ideal as it forces activation.

If there's a simpler way (or better, coding as well), I'd love to know.

Many thanks.

Not sure to understand. triggerActivated doesn't force anything. It checks if a trigger is activated or not.

My mistake, I meant if it is set as the condition.

Basically, I'm looking for something along the lines of;

if (triggeractivated t2) then {
this = true;
} else {
this = false;
};

"this" being the condition. Though, that line of code doesn't quite work as the condition.

I'm not familiar with Arma's commands (Nor do I have extensive knowledge in programming, let alone the Eden editor).

I'm just curious if there's a way to hold off a zone trigger's ability to activate until requirements are met.

To clarify, I don't refer to purely activation, rather, I refer to enabling it's ability activate. In this case, to enable it's proximity activation.

•  I.E. To prevent the user from activating the trigger prematurely when they wander into it's zone before completing required tasks.

Silly me, I made it work. The problem is now solved. ;P