So whats next? Well this is!

foxhole-soldier.jpg

This will technically be a "vehicle" ingame and have FFV positons. It will be destroyable so calling explosives may be needed to fully knock it out. The "Gunner" will be vulnerable. However in future versions bunkers may be extreamly hard to take out without munitions. For example something like this.

https://i.gyazo.com/37fcd47b783b0b1fe724182f41d315a6.mp4

• Like 5

That's kind of what we did for Unsung enemy foxholes.  The way I did it in Arma 2 (before FFV) was to utilize the default animation and place the gun so it looked as if you were holding it.  Now with FFV it should be relatively simple.  The "trick" if it can be called that is to place the gunner proxy low enough that only the shoulders and head are above ground.  The "static MG vehicle" uses normal placement.  Just the gunner proxy is lower.

If this link works you can see it, otherwise the pics are in the URL below...

MGbunker1.jpg?psid=1

MGbunker2.jpg?psid=1

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=5B54FC51A7917265!3796&cid=5B54FC51A7917265

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, hcpookie said:

That's kind of what we did for Unsung enemy foxholes.  The way I did it in Arma 2 (before FFV) was to utilize the default animation and place the gun so it looked as if you were holding it.  Now with FFV it should be relatively simple.  The "trick" if it can be called that is to place the gunner proxy low enough that only the shoulders and head are above ground.

If this link works you can see it, otherwise the pics are in the URL below...

MGbunker2.jpg?psid=1

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=5B54FC51A7917265!3796&cid=5B54FC51A7917265

The plan is to use FFV so your not forced to have a single weapon. Its free game :)

Yes I understand... FFV will make it much easier than the shenanigans we had to go through before FFV :)

2 minutes ago, hcpookie said:

Yes I understand... FFV will make it much easier than the shenanigans we had to go through before FFV :)

I sure hope so! I love what you guys did for Unsung though. 

So these trenches are just placable through the editor correct?

Is there a possibility to actually build a trench ingame, where you place it and then you go through an animation of building it, and it rises to the surface, taking so much time to build.

An OFP mod aka Liberation 1941-45 had this feature where you can choose from various trenches, foxholes, and other misc things, and each would show how much time it would take to

build, usually up to a minute, to 5min for something big, you chose the type, and it would show up like a light version of it, and then hit enter, and you could build it yourself or have

AI in your squad build it, so you would actually go through a digging animation, and there was a sound for it too, as you dug it slowly rose until it was fully standing.

If you need a video of it I can record one for you if your interested in seeing it in action.

3 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

So these trenches are just placable through the editor correct?

Is there a possibility to actually build a trench ingame, where you place it and then you go through an animation of building it, and it rises to the surface, taking so much time to build.

An OFP mod aka Liberation 1941-45 had this feature where you can choose from various trenches, foxholes, and other misc things, and each would show how much time it would take to

build, usually up to a minute, to 5min for something big, you chose the type, and it would show up like a light version of it, and then hit enter, and you could build it yourself or have

AI in your squad build it, so you would actually go through a digging animation, and there was a sound for it too, as you dug it slowly rose until it was fully standing.

If you need a video of it I can record one for you if your interested in seeing it in action.

Currently it's only through editor/Zeus. In the future I do plan on making it work with the ace entrenchment tools.

• Like 2

Only just found out about this mod, I'm so glad it is in development. As a former mission maker for several years I wished for assets such as this and we are starting to see more love toward the physical structures we can place, such as these trenches or Poolpunks object packs.

Really excited to see this progress.

1 hour ago, khaosmatical said:

Only just found out about this mod, I'm so glad it is in development. As a former mission maker for several years I wished for assets such as this and we are starting to see more love toward the physical structures we can place, such as these trenches or Poolpunks object packs.

Really excited to see this progress.

Glad you are enjoying it!

On 12.7.2017 at 2:25 AM, hcpookie said:

Did you manage to move the FFV-capable proxy below ground level? When I do that in Object Builder, the AI manning the CargoTurret refuses to engage enemies.

1 hour ago, zwobot said:

Did you manage to move the FFV-capable proxy below ground level? When I do that in Object Builder, the AI manning the CargoTurret refuses to engage enemies.

I havent had a problem with that yet. Ill have to test that with my new bunker im making.

Hey guys sorry for being a bit late on this update, I usually like updating every weekend but its been a crazy week for me. So instead heres a teaser of whats in the works.

FAQ

Q: The sandbags are to uniform!

A: I know its WIP, calm down.

Q: Why is there an Imperial guardsman?

A: Side project, its still scaled to the ArmA man model however.

Q: Will this be enterable?

A: Yes just like this one here. https://i.gyazo.com/d7a5076f796be327f5ea795e5d58abb7.gif

Q: Destructable?

A: Absolutely, it will feature a destroyed model as well as a visual indication its destroyed.

Q: Why is the player sticking through the floor?

A: Well its builts in the ground, however I cant deform terrain in ArmA so he will clip some.

PICS:

148e5429ea4416b170497a5ed209acb5.png

2104b7c7a8e176e276f599fc5b1f24b1.png

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Jagdgeschwader said:

Now this is the shit.

Thank you :)

• Like 1

I really like the idea. Keep up the good work.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ayjay said:

n_icomach, you are the man!

Thank you!

2 hours ago, vintorez said:

I really like the idea. Keep up the good work.

Glad you are enjoying it!

First round at textures, will probably add some sandbags to the front of the gunner seat once I play with it some more and see how it reacts ingame. 

423c0f3fdcfbe36a6ef9ec044ca52145.jpg
5d0d4d8bc1fe15fd47cae2360977d1b0.jpg

• Like 5

Really nice work - there...

Regards,
Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, n_icomach said:

You didn't add a physx Geo LOD did you :)

When you do, be sure to put all the weight at the bottom so on slopes etc. it doesn't do strange things.  Also, you can make the physx geo bottom much smaller, say 1m across max, so it works better in rougher terrain. 

I had to do all this for my EWR towers

56 minutes ago, hcpookie said:

You didn't add a physx Geo LOD did you :)

When you do, be sure to put all the weight at the bottom so on slopes etc. it doesn't do strange things.  Also, you can make the physx geo bottom much smaller, say 1m across max, so it works better in rougher terrain. 

I had to do all this for my EWR towers

I did not. What it happening is my geo LOD is half in the ground. So I may need to adjust it. Does adding a physx load allow the geo to clip in the ground?

ah I see

"No" the physx LOD can't clip into the ground.  Whatever is at 0 is the "ground" for placement purposes, same as landcontact.  However I think you still need landcontact because I believe staticweapon inherits from whatever the root is. 

Regardless. 

You don't need the physx or even the geo LOD to clip into the ground, only the visuals.  Everything else can remain above ground (you can't alter anything below ground anyway).  Of course in your fire geo the gunner proxy has to line up w/ the visual