Wyqer

Small Scripts for ArmA 3 from KP

Oh sorry, you're right. Just copied it from the script description and didn't replaced the X with _vehicle.

The code above should work now.

• Like 1

works like charm sir thx

one more question....

is it possible to not  write down every classname like this:                     

Spoiler

["AT Pack",["rhs_weap_fgm148",
    "rhs_fgm148_magazine_AT",
     "tf47_m3maaws",
    "tf47_optic_m3maaws",
    "tf47_m3maaws_HEAT",
    "tf47_m3maaws_HEDP",
    "tf47_m3maaws_HE",
    "tf47_m3maaws_HEAT",
    "tf47_m3maaws_HEDP",
    "tf47_m3maaws_HE",
    "tf47_m3maaws_HEAT",
    "tf47_m3maaws_HEDP",
    "tf47_m3maaws_HE",
    "tf47_m3maaws_HEAT",
    "tf47_m3maaws_HEDP",
    "tf47_m3maaws_HE",
     "rhs_weap_M136",
    "rhs_weap_M136",
    "rhs_weap_M136"]]

just wirte it down  one time and then how many....

lol you know what i mean ?

Not with the current state of the script.

But I could adjust it in the next days.

Apologies for my ignorance, but I'm rather new at all of this. Will the fuel consumption script apply to ALL vehicles, including aircraft? If yes, is there any way to set configurations based on vehicle type?

My goal is to balance out the fuel consumption of ground vehicles and aircraft; I want to increase consumption rate of ground vehicles, while decreasing the consumption rate of aircraft. Aircraft currently burn fuel far too quickly, while ground vehicles last for eternity. I'm aware of the fact that aircraft burn fuel more quickly than cars and trucks, but I'm not terribly interested in having to refuel every 5 minutes in a chopper.

Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

You can edit the script to just apply to land vehicles.

Line 40

Change

if !((_this select 0) in kp_fuel_consumption_vehicles) then {

to

if (!((_this select 0) in kp_fuel_consumption_vehicles) && ((_this select 0) isKindOf "LandVehicle")) then {

On 23.6.2017 at 0:18 AM, Wyqer said:

Not with the current state of the script.

But I could adjust it in the next days.

would be cool

but no hurry for now i am using the arsenal loadouts

i tried to add command to clear the vehicles loadout first before adding  a new one but i failed:down:

After Line 62 you should add:

clearWeaponCargoGlobal (_vehicle select 0);
		clearMagazineCargoGlobal (_vehicle select 0);
		clearBackpackCargoGlobal (_vehicle select 0);
		clearItemCargoGlobal (_vehicle select 0);

Hey @Wyqer, are you still taking requests?

I'm not sure whether this constitutes a "small" script or not but I'll post the idea anyway. There doesn't appear to be a script anywhere that allows a player to shout a compliance order at AI. Imagine a room clearing scenario or a suicide bomber advancing towards a vehicle check point. I'd like to shout "get down", "drop the weapon", "stop" or any manner of different compliance commands.
What I would imagine your script could do is offer me the chance to create my own custom ogg audio with different commands and your script executes a say3D of the sound while the AI carries out (or randomly doesn't) the action.

Anyway, for your consideration and possibly your script pack.

btw, the distance meter is great. :thanx: I've noticed however that it counts moving forward which is good, but also when a player moves side to side and walking backwards. Perhaps these should be omitted?

Hey there,

an interesting idea, but as you said that wouldn't be a kind of "small script". Also because of the ogg files etc. I would say this is something which could be build as a mod. It would basically be possible to code something like that, sure. So currently I wouldn't have enough spare time to realize this, as I'm also on the next Liberation update. If you like, you could join the discord, as there are also many people who code some things for ArmA etc. and maybe you could find someone there who would work with you together on this idea. Here is the invite link: https://discord.gg/bpPUU48

The distance meter is indeed just a very small script which counts each change of your position and measure the distance. So yeah, there is no "was it a position change in the facing direction". But I'm curious for what you actually use that script. I made it, but I couldn't think of a "real use" in missions or something ^^

1 hour ago, Wyqer said:

an interesting idea, but as you said that wouldn't be a kind of "small script". Also because of the ogg files etc. I would say this is something which could be build as a mod.

I would have thought that all you would have to do is call a sound classname from your script that I create beforehand? Otherwise I will check out the Discord link as recommended.

1 hour ago, Wyqer said:

But I'm curious for what you actually use that script. I made it, but I couldn't think of a "real use" in missions or something ^^

As an example, navigating on foot without navigational aids like "map shift-click" or GPS a soldier may need more basic distance measuring options. Therefore counting foot steps, or simulating that with your script seemed like a good idea for that. However the walking backwards and side to side seemed to break the experience a little.