Sign in to follow this  
FallenPaladin

Operation stiletto

If someone wants to participate in testing, just pm me your email-dress and i send you the file ASAP smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FallenPaladin @ Feb. 25 2003,23:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If someone wants to participate in testing, just pm me your email-dress and i send you the file ASAP  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Have you made any changes since the last version you sent me on Sunday?

Remember to keep your betta testers up to date. smile.gif

No changes since sunday. What I changed there was the insertion, movement speed of some vehicle patrols and some tiny changes in the intro and outros. I also limited the ammo of the player, so that rambo tactics will be a lot harder. I`ll play it for myself today a few times and decide afterwards if more has to be changed.

What I`d like to change is something with my "pray" function. I don`t want it to be used too often.

Hi Fallen, just played the mission. I saved manually once after killing the target, but never used that savepoint. I used the automatically retry update 3-4 times to get back to evac location after you leave your weapon behind. Those guard patrols are not easy on you when they first spot you biggrin.gif

Sneaking in to leave the rifle was probably the most difficult part, I spent at least an hour observing the civilians and military movement patterns before I gave it a go and snuck in through the gate to hide in the bushes at the corner of the main building, thinking I had to sneak all the way into the small house. Thanks for the scripted part there, helped a lot.

The colonel took 1 round to the chest and was dead before his body hit the ground. No-one knew where the shot came from, and the whole place went crazy in a search and destroy attempt. Too bad for them, I was back in the forest by then, checking the patrol routes and planning my next move smile.gif

I noticed a chopper went down without being shot at, was it out of fuel or something?

The first time, I probably played for 3 hours without saving at all. Was careless a few seconds when running across an area which was not clear yet. Of course a patrol got me from the right, I jumped really high when they opened fire on me.

As most missions are pretty much predictable, I knew where most of the patrols were going now, and could run at 4x speed a good bit without getting killed. I was spotted once and a patrol opened fire on me, but I did not return fire, crawled as fast as I could up the hill and ran away before they got to know what it was for sure.

So, believe it or now, I fired only 1 bullet during the whole mission. The way back without a weapon was a challenging task too. I could have grabbed a weapon I guess, it's just that 2 soldiers had a clear view to the crates.. It didn't bother me that much anyway, was not going to kill anyone else except the target.

Fun mission, most challenging one I've played in a while. I spent 5 hours and some. Snipers aren't suppsed to run in the Rambo way anyway, it was a lot of hide and seek. The biggest thrill was the patrols everywhere, and tanks. I used bushes for cover and barely reached one or two of them seconds before the Russki's would spot me and open fire, praying "please don't run over me, please please.." crazy.gif

I could have E-mailed you, but thought this would be better. The mission is really good, only con is the patrol routes, once you know them, the thrill is mostly gone. But that is a common problem anyway with OFP missions. More random routes would make the mission replayable, that would be great.

What I would want is to use the BAS sniper rifle. But I guess that's just me... I have just downloaded your original version, and I will try it out as soon as I can get away from roleplaying. (It drags you deep under ya'know?)

I know wink.gif

I played D&D and Vampire the Masquerade for some years. I was the famous Paladin Feyst Esklavsson or the feared Assassin Llindir "Wallrunner" smile.gif

But PM me your email-adress, because the version of my mission linked in the beginning of this thread is an old one. I`ll send you a reworked one then.