KaRRiLLioN

Rts-3 released

Lol, KaRRiLLion, could it be, that you used the RTS3 Remake by the VB-Team???

Ok, they did a remake of your Mission, but I think you could give them a hint of honor.  crazy.gif

VB-BeErZyMoTiC

[Edit]

I meant the 'Nam RTS3 Map

I'm not familiar with the VB-Team. I had several requests by a lot of different people to use RTS-3 to make NAM missions and I sent out the source to several people to do that. I know that Beamer at www.ofpnews.com made a few Nam RTS missions.

I finally got around to messing with the NAM pack and had my own vision for what I wanted to see in a NAM RTS, so I made my own version.

If anyone wants to build off of what I've made then that's fine, but I can't possibly remember everyone or know of everyone who makes their own RTS3 mods.

That's probably because I'm using the default towns that are already on the island, as I'm sure most people do.

As I said, several people have made NAM RTS's and most people are probably going to use the villages and markings already on the Ia Trang valley in order to make their territories.

Other than that, I re-wrote a lot of stuff in the RTS code to make it more NAM-specific, i.e. all of the ammo crate loadouts, and vehicles that can be purchased.

As the creator of RTS-3 I wouldn't really have a need to ripoff someone else's mission if that's what you're implying.

KaRRiLLion, nice version of RTS-3 Vietnam!

I removed my version of rts-3 vietnam on ofpnews and place yours instead, because it runs better.

Also made a version rts-3 beta 5d on Trininity Island

You can download it OFPNeWs

Keep up the good work!!!   biggrin.gif

Doh, I did the same KaRRiLLion! biggrin.gif

I'm not dumb. But i mean, you used the same marker size which i used.

Shall i send you my one??

Probably you can catch me in ICQ 171314201 smile.gif

... cya ...

No, it doesn't really matter all that much.

The markers are the default size for my territory war template that I adapted for RTS3 and I didn't re-size them as I did in the other RTS missions because the locations of the villages and LZ's didn't lend themselves to making regular sizes.

Also, there are several things in my vietnam version that would not be in any other RTS nam's mainly because I just created them for Beta5c of RTS. I also re-wrote some bits of the Territory war code, so if there are any NAM missions out there that are identical to my NAM, then that would mean they are copied from Beta5c or 5d. Also the ammo crates have completely new dialogs for weapon loadouts.

Thanks, Beamer, I'll have to look at your Trinity version. I've gotten a couple of more islands in the pipeline. Hopefully I'll get the non-addon versions updated to 5D code soon. Since it's changed so much from Beta4, I'll probably just have to copy them over and strip out all of the addons or something, as that would be much simpler instead of weeding through all of that code.

I'm thinking of re-writing the Command and Control dialogs and making that a lot easier to use, but it'll probably be a major undertaking. Right now, controlling other squads besides your own takes too many dialog clicks.

Hopefully if some decent Soviet jets come out I can look at getting out version 1.0. I've been holding off until I can remove some of the West jets that I've configured to be East.

Hi KaRRiLLioN.

Just like to say good job with the RTS missions. They're my favourite type of mission, and it shows quality as Im sure there is only a handfull of people that could come up with a system like that.

Are you going to tell us what other islands you plan on using for RTS? It would be nice to see one on my island Skye, but Im sure many other WRPeditors have asked the same question... tounge.gif If you do plan on making one on my island I will be releasing a new version soon, so it wouldn't work on this new version if you done it one the last version I released, cause the cpp file and that has changed...

Cheers,

Waterman. smile.gif

I haven't done one for Skye island yet, but it's an excellent looking island. I especially like that bridge over the valley.

Has the size of the island changed at all? I've looked at doing one on it in the past. Perhaps when you're done with the new version I'll do it.

I've got a couple of more islands that I'm looking at as well, Sarugao and Lahta island.

Adding RTS to a new island isn't too hard, but on some islands, the AI have a much tougher time if there is a lot of inland water, or if it's made up of several islands since they don't navigate too well around them.

I would also love to do one for Phaeden's island, but that island is in an unfinished state and has some serious bugs around that large mountain area, so I'm hoping someone will finish it because it's a very large landmass and the AI would have an easy time navigating on it (for coop and AI commanders).

Well i have great news then!!! wink.gif

im working on RTS-3 Skye At this moment,  it will be finished in this week.

I didnt test how the ai is reacting on the Skye island yet.

But I love play it in MP -mode so what ..."$~'

AI appears to work pretty well for me on Skye, apart from bridges which is due to the OFP engine not Skye. wink.gif You can set a waypoint from one town to the next and it finds it's way there fairly quickly even if it does make a few silly mistakes.

I started making a mission with a bus service, starting in Domensk (The biggest town) to Delovince (the one with the bridge), and it worked fine. I must say that it wasn't to happy a going through towns and weaving in and out but I think that is due to the engine aagin. confused.gif

I hope to release one more beta next week, due to the fact that I started re-texturing the island with Res textures. There will also be slight changes in the landscape, and more vegetation. Infact I better get on doing that just now, as it takes ages... sad.gif

Well I am looking forward to your version BeAMer! smile.gif But it might not work with my new version unless I edit the .cpp to be the same as the last one... (which I will probably do anyway.) tounge.gif

You are welcome to send me a beta if you like also. wink.gif My email is: waterman@everoncartel.com and my website is: http://www1.freewebs.com/watermansofpsite/index.htm

I think Phaedens island would also be a good one to do like you said Karr. It was that island that encouraged me to make Skye as it was really realistic and looked amazing. There are many other good islands out there too like you mentioned which would make a good RTS mission on.

Well that's me ran out of stuff to say, so I'll get working on Skye then.

Waterman. smile.gif

Wow! I'm impressed!

For the next version, could you add off map artillery? Like, the HEAVY stuff, 16" Battleship guns, SCUD missles, 300mm Rocket arty, 155mm howitzers. biggrin.gif

I am playing on a dedicated server except I can't play any of the beta 5 versions of rts when connecting to a ded serv. I can play them fine on my box but when I try to load a b5 at the server from a connected client it kicks me back to the map selection screen. B3 or B4 maps work fine.

Anyone know what gives here?

Does the dedicated server have all of the addons? If it doesn't then it'll not load.

hey karrillion, i noticed 1 difference between all of the rts3's rtsnam is the only1 w/ different officers 2 choose from, and i think i speak 4 every1 that every1 likes variety maybe even a desert rts vs iraq? lol i would just like 2 c some new officers, maybe marines, rangers, deltas, spetz natz, u get the idea let me know what u think if u can email me plz. hellrazor_1@hotmail.com or gkwallsfc@usmvofp.com thanks.

Wall

RTS-3 Beta5E is now available for download.

The download link is in the first post of this thread.

New:

RTS-3 Beta5e Lahta Island

RTS-3 Beta5e Sarugao Island

RTS-3 Vietnam Beta5e Sarugao Island

So now RTS-3 Beta5E is on Everon, Malden, Ackropolis, Bears Lahta, Sarugao (modern and Nam version) and Ia Drang Valley (Nam only).

I made a few tweaks to the costs of jets and such to the modern versions, and fixed a couple of minor bugs. Otherwise everything is mostly the same as Beta5D.

Great Downloading Now............................  biggrin.gif

Yeah Karr, its Victor..

Have you thought about the AI Kill (suicide script) that ive been talkin about?

If u dint catch me from what i was sayin becuz my mic is really screwed up here is my suggestion and i Hope some feedback is posted also:

When your AI have been left on an island for what ever reason, they cannot get back to base UNLESS you pick them up, which could cost money and time.

If there was some way to just go into Mission Control and hit Kill Unit then select a sertain unit that needs to be executed. They could just be killed by the click of the button.

This way you can get your units that are miles away, and just remake them from your barracks.

Lemme know what u think cuz Ive been thinkin about this for a while.

LOL, that's COLD MAN!!

Actually, I've thought of it many a time when my AI get stranded somewhere, but I'd rather not implement something like that. AI can be rare commodities in RTS, so use em wisely.

Yeah, I agree, that is just so cold and unpersonal.

When I get units stranded like that I usually strafe them with a helicopter gunship. Much more personal.

To bad there is no napalm, then it wouldn't be so cold either.

Well currently I'm just making minor adjustments to RTS now and plan on releasing another version sometime. Right now I'm working on some remodeling in my house so I haven't had much time to mess with RTS.

Yo, You Going to add the new Commache Version 1.12 From The Gamezone? Guess the Wiglets that are Dropped from the chopper after you let them go, Kill who ever they hit now. Well, Ill let you read it instead of here if you take a look at it.  WE dont NEED it in RTS.. Just sayin ince you already have the commache, might want the upgraded version.

Bie

Well, actually I was thinking of adding in the Lega-Warz units.

;)