KaRRiLLioN

Rts-3 released

i know 2 ways to do that :

1 : this flyinheight 125 (125 is the altitude)

2 : this setPos [getpos this select 0, getpos this select 1, 125] (125 is the altitude)

only tested Number2 with a cessna so it might not work on choppers

have fun biggrin.gif

The server has been up, but remember it is only up after 5pm EST on weekdays and it is up all weekend.

Create a txt file and name it hosts.txt.

Inside the file, put ONLY 209.193.133.66

Now save the file and place it in your OperationFlashpoint root directory. Now, when you enter multiplayer, click on LAN and you should see the server just fine.

no offence with your great work on rts but i got some suggestions

1. use a remove dead body's/dead vehicles script

2. remove the bycicle (only newbie's fool around with it)

3. a tank for EAST wich fits the WEST m109 paladin (EAST doesnt have 1)

4. be a Commander option if started with a AI Commander

5. not being able to login to standard buildings on the map like a tank factory near the enemy base with barracks etc

(i call it cheating)

I was thinking that the thermo bomb should require two or more laser spotters pointing on the same spot, if it doesnt do that already. This may be a way to stop people from rushing straight to the 15's but still keep the games from being 6 hr's long, even though i like a good long game of rts.

ok, i just downloaded the latest version (4c) and was thinking "ok, this should be good, prolly got most of the bugs ironed out"

i start it up and start researching basic helos (bear in mind i had only just built the HQ seconds before, i then look up in astonishment and find the AI allready have UH60s and Hinds...wha the hell? i was 2 minutes into the game and they already had half the island and had both basic and advanced aircraft, whats that all about? needless to say i got over run with tanks (7 T80s and a mix of shilkas and BMP2s) within a few more minutes

come on, that isnt right!

pls...for the sake of the RTS series, sort this out as its impossible to win when you get your arse handed to you within the first 5 minutes

I've been balancing it out as I go along. Even so, if you're playing alone vs. the AI then it can be tough. I'd recommend you make a construction jeep fairly fast and put up some SAM's. Those will knock out a lot of enemies, and your radar will take care of most choppers.

Also, using some AI on your team to cap territories is a good idea. You can also have an AI commander on your team and he'll build the base and start making raiding parties against the enemy.

Beta 5c is in testing now. I've created a new addon to make buildings targetable, and I've made the SAM's have actual lock-on rockets and changed the 30mm cannon on them for the M2A2's cannon. I've also gotten AI who'll recycle for you, etc.

Once I work out a few more bugs then it'll be posted for download.

bugs and glitches on 0.4c :

--- confused.gif Malden confused.gif ---

when taking chapoi it says Nato controls La Riviere

"              " La Riviere "                      " Le port

and so on

--- sad.gif General sad.gif ---

When the research at the HQ is being proccesed and the HQ is destroyed : after the repair the research is stuck in the ammount of seconds left - repeating wont work and neither when making a new HQ.

Addons cannot be recycled (must be within 10 feet message when your in range)

Money Sharing on the east side doesnt work or nearly works

--- biggrin.gif Compliments biggrin.gif ---

Nice job on the hard AI.

Powerfull M2's.

Nice radar tower.

Those bugs have been addressed as of beta 5.  Sometimes giving money to teammates won't work if there's too much lag because the info never seems to reach the target.  We haven't had any issues with that at all in beta 5.

I'm not sure about the research part for the CommandHQ.  I'll look into it, but I'm unaware of any issues with it otherwise.

Right now I'm gathering a few more new addons for the next public release.  The Addons versions are all up to beta 5c but I haven't updated the non-addons versions yet.

Right now the new Mi-2, possibly the 2s19 Howitzer, the Mi-26 and hopefully Hudson's final version of the F-18 will be in the next version.  I'm also considering a few other Soviet addons.  I don't think I'll be putting in any more West addons unless something wonderful comes along because the West is simply overpowered as it is.

The new RTS3 Addon that I've made addresses this in part by "creating" an east version of the F-15 and F-18 and the Littlebirds.  All that it does is take the identical units and give them an east Team side.  This pretty much sucks as a solution, but I'm hopeful that some good Soviet jets will be out soon.  I also hope that a Soviet match for the RAH-66 Comanche will be out as well.

The new Ammo Cam is also in this version.  Basically this is a script that works particularly well with Artillery and Bombs.  You can switch it on and a camera will follow the artillery shell for example and you can see where it's hitting and where you need to aim.  It's pretty cool.  It also works for high altitude bombing so you can watch a bomb all the way to target.  It's even more cool if you have a gunner in your jet because you can continue flying while they track the bomb.

I also redid the HALO script.  It was conflicting with the new chopper dust scripts that are all the rage now.  Now HALO kicks in at 50 feet altitude, and if you have a crew on board of more than 3 units, you can use a new option "HALO all crew" and this will automatically eject all the crew and they will pull their chutes automatically at 75 feet.  This is neat to use when you have a chopper full of AI and you HALO them out at 3000 feet.  I'm still tweaking one bug with it.  Right now it will not eject AI or players that are not  in your GROUP on a dedicated server, because other Players and AI are considered REMOTE units and aren't affected by your command.  Hopefully I'll have that issue worked out soon.

I also updated the Ackropolis version, bringing it from beta 3e to 5c. I hope to have at least one more new island as well. It's named Saruaugo or something like that. I've been looking at other islands, but haven't found any that are quite large enough.

Anyway, I'm hoping to make a new beta release within the week, at least for the addons versions.

HELLLLLLLLLLO!!! i MISS FLASHPOINT SO MUCH! I cant wait to get my game back.. Im kind of Getting Sick Of C&C generals..

Its time for some real Rts Work! (Flashpoint Style)

I believe what youve done KA is great, sure you get compliments alll the time but seriously I would 99% of the time now rather play your creation than the 50 dollar game that i had just got.  You add so much more to the Rts Realm that no other even comes close to using.

Love yur Ideas. Thx to everyone for givin suggestions! Ill be back in the server soon (I hope)... I miss all yall (xXx Sand, xXx Aveng, Eatem, & sry if I missed you, its been so long) The whole crew who is always there.

Ive been busy on many things lately, but for now I need to get my old game back in flash.

Now that you have read this boring Thread I hope that I will see you soon in The No.1 Server in America!  

Happy gaming!

FHAF[GEN]Victor!

I've only taken a brief look at RTS3, but it looks promising.

One problem, however, that me and my friends have found in it is that OFP does not really scale well. It is too realistic when it comes to heavy units, meaning that the first side to get a couple of tanks or helicopter gunships usually win easily.

For us, the perfect game would be infantry, cars, trucks, APCs, transport heilicopters, patrol boats, AA-units and recon aircraft only. No heavy tanks, no attack aircraft.

What we would like is to be able to disallow the building of some units, perhaps adjustable in an ini file or similar.

It would also be nice to be able to adjust the costs, individually or by setting the "cost slope" (making cheap units cheaper and expensive units more costly for a infantry based game, or the opposite for a game with more big stuff).

Also, please include RTS3 in the mission name. It makes it so much easier to find the missions you are looking for if you have a couple of mission addons installed.

Apart from these points, great work! You should sell it to the people who made OFP so that they can make it an official addon!

i like it the way it is

it wont be much fun without heavy tanks and planes

this aint MF CTI.

all u gotta do is use your brain for how to defeat them

some people fail on that point.

RTS shouldn't be changed only improved

Yes, they can be killed. The problem is that if one side gets two tanks or two choppers, they can race straight for the enemy base and hurt it so much that they will never be able to recover enough to have a chance of winning.

Sure, they will probably be destroyed, but the damage will be done. If used fast and offensively, there is very little that the defending player can do to stop them.

We just prefer a sneaky game primarily based on infantry and light vehicles (vehicles that go boom with one or maximum two AT hits). That's the way we like it. Once one side starts building heavy units, the only way you can play is to climb into one yourself.

We do not want to turn OFP and RTS into Quake or some other run/jump/shoot game. We still want the same game, but feel that tanks and attack aircraft are just to tough to work well.

It is easy to take out a computer controlled tank, but a player controlled tank is much harder. It can very well wipe out several squads before you get it, if it even bothers to stay and get them instead of just driving straight through them to the enemy base. It is often difficult to mine large areas effectively, so that's not an option either (But, knowing my friends, I always put a mine in medical tents. They just can't resist running them down...).

Anyway, I'm not asking for RTS to be changed for everyone, I just want some settings that I can play around with. It won't change anything for you if you don't want to.

Besides, being a programmer myself, I see that these changes would probably be very easy to implement (if settings are read from a file at startup) and would (in my opinion) increase game value and playability a lot. I have little experience with OFP scripting, so of course I may be wrong about this.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">RTS shouldn't be changed only improved<span id='postcolor'>

Improvement is not possible without change.

RTS3 is highly customizable. I'll be posting the source for the mission along with the next release, which I'm getting ready to do. I won't have time to delve into great details about how to change certain things, but insofar as limiting the heavy vehicles and such, that's as simple as modifying certain arrays by removing the vehicle types. Also, prices can be changed easily.

Insofar as RTS being in the mission name, all of my rts missions have RTS at the beginning of the name somewhere. Or are you referring to something else?

Anyway, I hope to have Beta5c ready for download soon.

I am no longer a Major Fuckup, since that name was not accepted here. I am now Raw.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">RTS3 is highly customizable. I'll be posting the source for the mission along with the next release, which I'm getting ready to do. I won't have time to delve into great details about how to change certain things, but insofar as limiting the heavy vehicles and such, that's as simple as modifying certain arrays by removing the vehicle types. Also, prices can be changed easily.<span id='postcolor'>

Sounds good. Would be nicer to be able to edit a configuration file, but still good. I'm a programmer so it does not bother me, others may not be so lucky.

I love having hundreds of settings to play around with, setting everything exactly the way I want it. I other words, my advice is to do what I do in my programs. Whenever I'm in doubt about how something should be setup, I just read it from an ini file. One extra line of code, and the user may change it to suit himself. It increases the value of the program a lot.

RTS is still great, I'm not complaining. Not at all, I love it. Just trying to plant some ideas.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Insofar as RTS being in the mission name, all of my rts missions have RTS at the beginning of the name somewhere. Or are you referring to something else?<span id='postcolor'>

Ignore that part of my post. I messed up and moved some files, misremembered what it looked like and misunderstood what I saw. Just ignore it.

RTS3 beta 5c is now available for download.

Please refer to the first post in this thread for the download link.

Only the Addons versions are updated to 5c, the non-addons versions are still 4c because I haven't had time to go in and change them.

Now in the RTS-3 mission pack:

Addons Versions

RTS-3 Everon Beta 5c

RTS-3 Malden Beta 5C

RTS-3 Ackropolis Beta 5C

*NEW*

RTS-3 Vietnam Ia Trang Valley beta 5C (Nam pack addons only)

Non-Addons versions

RTS-3 Everon Beta 4C

RTS-3 Malden Beta 4C

RTS-3 Nogova Beta 4C

Updates and Changes in 5C

- Completely new Weapons loadout menu for ammo crates which functions much better than the old one

- Revamped AI for Coop or Single player modes

- Pricing structure and build times have been increased for air units

- Pricing and research time increased for Basic and Advanced Air units

- All New HALO script which allows for Ejecting all crew from a chopper (except pilot and gunner)

- All New Ammo Cam for Artillery and Bombers which allows the player to track their shots

- Other small bugs and such

RTS-3 Vietnam Beta 5c only uses units and weapons from the SEB NAM Pack 2, so there are no jets. As of now, both teams use the same choppers and such, but I'm thinking of making it more realistic by removing choppers from the NVA/VC team, but having AA and soldiers much cheaper to train/build, and of increasing the price and time for making heavy choppers for the West team. As of now Air units are very expensive for RTS3 NAM so as to make it more of a low-tech ground game.

So far that seems to be working. I'm also thinking of making "lower-tech" versions of the other RTS's as well when I have time.

Important Note on Addons

The DKM Commanche addon used in RTS3 is still the older version, NOT version 1.1 because the new version is extremely powerful and I'm thinking of removing it altogether since it would completely nullify ground units. For now, this version is the original 1.0 version they released.

The Fa-18 used right now is the BETA version released some time ago. I am working on balancing issues right now with the new version so as to keep it from dominating completely. So use the BETA Fa/18 for now. I hope to have a new version of RTS3 with the new addon soon.

Great work again KaRRiLLioN! I will test it out later.

RED

I'm still making sure that the bugs are worked out from putting the new addons into it.

smile.gif

RTS3 Beta5d is now available for download.  This requires a new addons pack that you can get from my website.

The new/updated addons now in are:

F18 1.0 by Hudson and Pennywise

Mi2 Urn by NO

DKM Comanche 1.11

2s19 152mm Howitzer by Hawk

Mi26 by Hawk

Sarugao Island

Lahta Island

The new RTS3-Beta5D addon is now in as well.

All east versions of the F18, Comanche, etc. are created in the RTS-3 Addon so the original addons are not changed in any way.

To properly install these addons, first make sure to delete the old versions.

To delete the old F18, you MUST delete F18_Blue.pbo and rad_hornet.pbo from your addons directory.  Make sure that you delete them from your Res\Addons or OperationFlashpoint\Addons folders (or both if you installed it in both).

The DKM Comanche file will be overwritten since it has the same name.

If you have RTS3Beta5c.pbo in your addons directory, make sure to delete it.  The new addon is RTS3Beta5d.pbo.

Install all addons to your OperationFlashpoint\Addons folder and NOT your Res\Addons folder.  Do NOT install addons to both folders.  It's possible that you could suffer from conflicts if you do this.

Other new stuff in this version:

- Fixed the RTS3 Addon so it doesn't conflict with other missions

- Added East versions of the F18, F15 and Comanche

- East Comanche no longer shows up as an enemy to east players

- Added the F18 CBU (Cluster Bomber) for $50,000

- Removed the F-15 Nuke

- Tweaked prices for air units

- Created two new loadout versions for the Mi2: Troop transport (Browning MG) and the Mi2 Assault (30mm Cannon, FFARs, Mi24 AGM's) This was done in the RTS3 Addon.

- Replaced the East UH60 with the Mi2's

- AI for SP and Coop now uses Mi2's on East instead of UH60's

Known Issues:

- The Radar Jammer for the east Comanche will throw up multiple enemy target spoofs.  This is due to the way that the script works and I haven't added on a new user action that points to a different script yet.  So if an East user uses the radar jammer, then he'll see tons of enemy targets around.

- AI doesn't perform well on Ackropolis still.  This is due to the large number of islands.

That's pretty much it.  Enjoy!

I'm hoping to hit 1.0 here sometime soon but I'll need to go back and update the Beta4c (non-addons) versions to bring em up to date with the addons versions.

I'm also planning to create RTS versions for Sarugao and Lahta islands, however I'm thinking of tweaking them to be more ground based with more limited air abilities by increasing the cost of air units. I'm still thinking it out.

As I mentioned earlier, I messed up and moved some files where I shouln't have. To get rid of the entire problem, I will reinstall OFP and all addons.

To be quite honest, the reason I messed up was that I ignored the readme, so I only have myself to blame. Still, lets face it, how often do we read them?

OK, time to get to the point. It would have been nice with an installer that installed all the needed addons automatically in one operation. It could be as simple as a batch file, it would still make things easier.

I realize that you do not want to include the other addons needed in your setup without the permission of their authors, but I don't mind if I have to DL them separately, as long as I can put them all in the same dir and just run a batch file.

Not a big thing but may save you some unnecessary whining.

when it comes to unofficial stuff i rather have a Zip file that i extract, then a exe file that install its self. Maybe thats just me smile.gif

Oh and, as allways great job KaRRiLLioN! It would be fun to to this out Online with all the addons but so far i havent seen any server playing the addon version.

What kind of bandwidth is necesary to host a RTS server?

What procesor sped is necesary to run a server?

Is the AI overhead on the server box or the clients conected to it?

Why wil my keyboard not type similiar characters twice. :o

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">when it comes to unofficial stuff i rather have a Zip file that i extract, then a exe file that install its self. <span id='postcolor'>

That's why I suggested a batch file. You can not do anything hidden or sneaky in a bat.

I'm all for it so long as I don't have to make it. smile.gif

An ideal installer would put everything in the proper directory. The thing is, many players already have the addons that are in RTS (except the RTS3 Addon itself) so they don't want to have to install the entire thing each time. Obviously there'd have to be an installer for the entire thing or one that acted as a patch.

I'm not familiar with that stuff, nor do I want to take the time to figure it out. I'd rather be scripting game stuff.